My birthday...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in like a year :/ . Anyway, the first of the month was my 21st birthday and the only friend I have had to work all day and night so I was alone all day. This girl I met at college told me last week that she wanted to hang out with me on my bday but she wouldn't respond to texts or anything. My mom said she was sick this morning, and then told me this evening she spent the day with my sister painting her kitchen. So no one in my family wants to be with me, and the one real friend never has time to do anything with me, plus I'm not sure if he's really my friend at all. I spent the day sitting in my bed drinking vodka, then walked to a bar and had a few drinks by myself then went home again. I'm so sick of my life, I've hated my life like this for the last 8 years and I've always told myself that things would get better, but they just don't. In fact, everything's just gotten worse. I can't stand it anymore. I can't keep up with homework for college because I work so much, and I don't work enough to keep up with bills. So after all these years thinking life will get better, I just sit here drinking alone.

Sorry just had to vent a bit, no one wants to hear how I feel.

i was just wondering.... what kind of environment do you live in? is your house generally clean or messy? this can make a difference in how you feel :)

Bawww I know how you feel, however for me I don't like celebrating my birthday with other people. To keep in mind, they're aren't able to spend time with you, but they probably really want to inside, hope that gives you some sort of analgesia. On a different note, you shouldn't lay around all day drinking vodka :/ Alcohol does not solve loneliness, since it is a depressant and will get you more depressed. It's like digging down in a hole you are trapped in.

P.S Happy belated burthday ! ^^v

I am sorry that it was such a poor day. Things like that can make you focus on all the things that just aren't right. Hopefully things get to looking brighter.

That sucks,

I always have lonely birthdays,
Well for the past 3 years I have. Family is always away.

Anyways,
Perhaps your friends and family would like to get together on another day to celebrate your birthday?
Ask them about it :).

I always feel my birthdays are lonely too. I won't lie because mine is right at the end of December, so it's depressing no matter what (nobody -wants- to do anything after Christmas or before New Years) I feel very, very depressed about it coming that I just can't wait till it's over so I don't have to think about it for another year. My family is always busy because they work all day and then come home they don't want to be bothered. I don't blame them though, I hope I work all day on mine or something. Beats sitting around at home because I don't think I have anything too look forward too.

May I wish you belated Birthday Greetings ?
It's sad that your family couldn't spend some time with you, after all 21st is pretty special isn't it ? I do hope you at least got cards ?

But I don't know the circumstances or what they were thinking, so I just hope you don't get too down about it - give yourself some treats - lots of small things - you deserve it ! (not alcohol though!)
Ninjacat

Indeed, Happy Birthday.

my 24th birthday was about 2 weeks ago, most of my family is broken up and i've lost contact with my friends so I felt rather sad I couldn't organise a dinner or something. I didn't have a 21st because I was suffering depression at the time, and ever since then i've never really done anything on my birthday but stay home and get intoxicated by myself.

well, at least I didn't do that this year.

Latest posts

Back