fresia christmas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurleyef

Reaction score
Seriously, I hate the holidays. I get to be reminded how much people love their families and friends, and how I have neither. Awesome.

Yeah it is a bad time of year for that.

Don't feel bad, I feel the same way but also for a different reason. My Mom died on 20 December 1992, we buried her on the 24th. This time of year all I think about is my mom and her suffering with the illness that was eating her from the inside. Yeah I know it is a long time ago but that is basically the only memory I have left of her.

Right up there with you chief. For me it's Valentines Day as most hated, but Christmas is still one giant kick in the perverbial groin. So take comfort in the knowledge that somewhere, out there on Christmas is just as miserable as you are (that's not meant to be snide, or sarcastic, I loathe Christmas aswell, so at least we can be miserable together, and hey, misery loves company eh?)

Phedoiken said:
Right up there with you chief. For me it's Valentines Day as most hated, but Christmas is still one giant kick in the perverbial groin. So take comfort in the knowledge that somewhere, out there on Christmas is just as miserable as you are (that's not meant to be snide, or sarcastic, I loathe Christmas aswell, so at least we can be miserable together, and hey, misery loves company eh?)

Interesting way of looking at it... call me crazy but I actually agree with you.

Yah, I hate that about Xmas holiday season too. Everyone I know has their family and friends and such to gather with and enjoy the Holidays, but I do not. It can be very depressing. Though, I think, that after so many years of this (like 10yrs now, since I was 21) I've become used to it -- it doesn't seem to hurt as much anymore. Still not a ball, but.. yeah.

Phedoiken said:

I f'ing hate Valentines day the most. That dreaded so-called "holiday."

I hate Christmas too as it is such a lonely time of year for me, and I am always glad when the whole thing is over and done with. If I win the lottery, I will go on holiday to North Korea every Christmas, as it is a normal day there:)

Have a nice holiday

12597010101231510197mbtwms_Smily_face.svg.med.png

I used to love Christmas... up until Christmas of 2009, now I don't like it so much....

My Mom died on 17th of December,and we had to wait until the new year to bury her,so my Christmas's haven't been the same since,and my decree absolute came though on Valentine's Day!

I don't care about christmas, of course it's nice time with family, but it's just normal day for me. :/

I like Christmas. It's the only time of the year when people are generally nice. We don't always have presents under Christmas tree, except that time when my mum made a hippie tree out of left over candies when we closed our store. It was such an ugly tree. I did, however tried to get everyone presents when my friends and I won the Christmas tree decorating contest at the mall. Yes it is a time for family and it must suck for people who think they don't have any, but I think life is about making connections to people who matter or will matter in your life. Inspiring them and being inspired in turn. I like that there is one day in a year when it's not so bad to feel happy. Then you can have all the rest of the days nagging about every little things wrong with your life.

Latest posts

Back