Nothing interests me anymore.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathedral

Reaction score
I have just about given up on video games because I cannot play any game for more than a few minutes without becoming bored. I have no interest in reading or watching TV or anything. This depression really hurts me. All I can do is sit around and do nothing but eat, drink, and listen to music all day long.

What's the point?

Hi Cathedral -- Have you ever considered helping others in your community by doing charity work? Would something like a "Habitat For Humanity" project interest you? If you're bored there are so many people who could use a helping hand these days. Just a thought, LG:)

LGH1288 said:
Hi Cathedral -- Have you ever considered helping others in your community by doing charity work? Would something like a "Habitat For Humanity" project interest you? If you're bored there are so many people who could use a helping hand these days. Just a thought, LG:)

i def agree with this. i wish i had a car at the time of my major depression. i didn't. all i could do was stay in the four walls of a tiny dorm room...luckily i had a private room.

cathedral, i know how you feel. like i said during my major depression i didn't care about anything and i literally acted fake everyday (more than now anyway lol). i honestly can't believe i have made it this far in college. i don't even know how i got out of it...i guess time "healed"...but i still feel a tinge of depression though every now and then. i also think meeting someone online helped tremendously...but...that didnt turn out so hott -.-

but i def feel charity work and community service is something to look into :)

i went through a similar period. and me not playing video games is like WTF!?!?! seriously, it is. dont worry it will pass. hope it doesnt last too long for you.

i think everyone goes through these kind of times... you just need to let it pass by waiting.
when i'm going through it there are times i would just lie at home and do nothing until i'm sick of it or i will do very long night walks listening to very loud music... it's just a lil voice in my head telling me what i feel like doing :p

This is frustrating me to death. It's like I have no will to live, but my body won't cooperate with it. I can't bring myself to study for college or anything!

It sounds to me like you're just plain old bored with life and need to do something different to "shake things up."

And even though you don't feel like doing anything, it's one of those things you just have to make yourself do whether you feel like it or not. I find rearranging the furniture in a room helps. Even small changes can make a difference.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back