Im a loser...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MisterD

Heres my status..
Im 23, I dont have my own car, i travel by train, I have a learners licence, I have a casual job,I cant swim, Im short 5 6,I dont have any real friends in here, I cant speak fluent english, Im chubby, I rent a place together with my siblings, I dont have much money, and again Im 23 i dont have a car.. huhuhu.. loser

Hey, same here. Im 22, I don't have a car, I have a learners licence. I am currently a failing undergrad. I am like very short at 1.7m, pale, weak and ugly. I am very skinny with no muscles and I am a hell of bore to talk about...I live with my parents and I am like always borowing money from them...I am the king of all losers. =)

Hi guys,

Really sorry you guys are feeling down about yourselves right now. I'm not going to give you the usual, "you're still young, time to get out there and make something out of yourselves, etc" speech, but I am going to wonder if you're maybe thinking that finding someone will give you the motivation you need to make changes. I want to caution you against this thought. I was once engaged to a guy who was working on his doctorate. He had been actively working on it for about four years when I first met him and a year later, when we were looking at getting married, he was still going slow on the completion phase. He had apparently been in a slump and was wanting to push the marriage date sooner (we were waiting until he finished), because he thought that by having a wife and a kid (I have a child from a previous marriage) that this would be the motivation he needed to finish. We did not rush the marriage. I didn't want to be his motivation, he needed to build that within himself. I also didn't want to risk being the blame if he did not find it in himself to finish. A couple months after this discussion we broke up.

He did eventually finish his work, within the following year, met someone, got married, and has a kid of his own. I don't regret stepping away, and in talking to him since our break up, he understood (at the time he didn't).

What I would suggest is decide what you're wanting, small steps, and be pleased with the small successes you have, which eventually develop into a larger-scale win.

MisterD said:
Heres my status..
Im 23, I dont have my own car, i travel by train, I have a learners licence, I have a casual job,I cant swim, Im short 5 6,I dont have any real friends in here, I cant speak fluent english, Im chubby, I rent a place together with my siblings, I dont have much money, and again Im 23 i dont have a car.. huhuhu.. loser
Hi Mister D
Well most of the things you mention here you can make goals of. You don't have to try and achieve everything at once, just one at a time. I don't know where your from, but in Australia we have community houses where you can go and learn English for free. Maybe there is something like that near where you live. Do any of your siblings or anybody that you know swim, maybe they can teach you the basics.
As for a job, you could start to look for full time employment or take a night course at school if you feel you need to further your education.
Gee by the age of 23, I hadn't acheived that much either, I had just finished my apprenticeship, and had an old bomb ford for a car. I don't think your a loser at all, you have pointed out the things you want to do something about and all you need is some motivation to achieve them.

SadRabbit said:
Hey, same here. Im 22, I don't have a car, I have a learners licence. I am currently a failing undergrad. I am like very short at 1.7m, pale, weak and ugly. I am very skinny with no muscles and I am a hell of bore to talk about...I live with my parents and I am like always borowing money from them...I am the king of all losers. =)

Oh come on you dont have to lie to me to make me feel better.. heres some more, I never finish college, im dumb lots of times, people think im weird, and hey YOU CAN SWIM thats a big thing! you can save people I cant ! and you will be a hero and famous! woohooo cheers sadrabbit save me! :p

teach said:
....decide what you're wanting, small steps, and be pleased with the small successes you have, which eventually develop into a larger-scale win.

thats really cool, that actually is what im doing now taking small steps and grabbing any opportunities that come by, even as small as a pea and i think if i put them all together i can something out of it.. but sometimes even a small opportunity is hard catch. thankyou

Blue Sky said:
MisterD said:
Heres my status..
Hi Mister D
Well most of the things you mention here you can make goals of. You don't have to try and achieve everything at once, just one at a time. I don't know where your from, but in Australia we have community houses where you can go and learn English for free. Maybe there is something like that near where you live. Do any of your siblings or anybody that you know swim, maybe they can teach you the basics.
As for a job, you could start to look for full time employment or take a night course at school if you feel you need to further your education.
Gee by the age of 23, I hadn't acheived that much either, I had just finished my apprenticeship, and had an old bomb ford for a car. I don't think your a loser at all, you have pointed out the things you want to do something about and all you need is some motivation to achieve them.

Howdy blue sky, how ya goin? Im from Australia too, and we know australians concentrate on their goals even when theyre young they already know how to drive by the age of 17 and have their own car. No one in my family know how to swim, but its a small thing at the moment. My english i guess in actuality is pretty basic and i can get by with it conversing to people. Its just that... i REALLY Want a car! so i can further myself like getting jobs thats not within train stations, but i dont have any money... my casual job only saves me enough if i try to save i can buy one but prob take me 5 years to get my own used car..I need a plan..fast...and thank u i appreciate u thinking im not a loser at all.

If you have a phobia of water that's one thing. Yet, the first step is to get into a pool. You should do some basic reading on swimming techniques and then get into a shallow pool and try it out. Heck you can even practice the basics with a properly fitted life jacket. You should also try not to get discouraged if you choke on some pool water. Even the best of swimmers chokes on pool water now and then. Make sure while learning that there is someone nearby that can swim just in case you get into trouble. You could seriously be swimming well before the end of this season.

Swimming is something that obviously bothers you, as does being chubby. Why not work on both things at once by learning how to swim and practice as often as you can. It is great exercise.

You can't rely on someone to randomly come up to you and teach you to swim. You must take charge and do it.

Pick a day on a calendar, on this day tell yourself "By the end of the day I will learn how to swim and if I don't learn how to swim I had better drown trying." Since drowning is never really an option, on that day you will learn how to swim.

Mister D...haha... I can't swim, what makes you think I can. I can't swim, I can drive...my grades r in the dumps lol....well thats me ....

Guys, we are not losers! Just because we can't do certain stuff. Everything in our own time. I am 21 and have a license with no car (and really shouldn't have a license). I have never learned how to swin, or ride a bike, and am taking bowling at school and really suck at it. Actually no, I sucked at it, now I am just very horrible. I can't ice skate or roller blade and don't like parties. My grades were bad but I took the initiative to improve them. I like painting, reading, foreign films, dancing, and lonely people. Redefine what greatness and success means too you.

Sunday said:
Guys, we are not losers! Just because we can't do certain stuff. Everything in our own time. I am 21 and have a license with no car (and really shouldn't have a license). I have never learned how to swin, or ride a bike, and am taking bowling at school and really suck at it. Actually no, I sucked at it, now I am just very horrible. I can't ice skate or roller blade and don't like parties. My grades were bad but I took the initiative to improve them. I like painting, reading, foreign films, dancing, and lonely people. Redefine what greatness and success means too you.

oh yea i cant skate too!! never tried it before! i like ART in general i like designing :) good luck to all of us keep on trying!

MisterD,

One thing you definitely not a failure at....you're casually funny! You've not been on here long, so I don't know you very well to know what other gifts you have, but in only a month you've shown a gift for humor, and without trying. Something that many others try for and never succeed at.

Now, will it get you a car, probably not. What do you do for a living? Would you have time for an additional, part-time job which would allow you to save more quickly for the car?

Mister D, I can't skate too... I suck at drawing, I am pretty much not good at anything except sleeping. I guess, no one can be a real loser like me =).

Hey SadRabbit, I have trouble sleeping sometimes so you are better off than me, lol.

Lol...yeah but u win me overall man lol...you know how to skate, drive, swim...lol

teach said:
MisterD,

One thing you definitely not a failure at....you're casually funny! You've not been on here long, so I don't know you very well to know what other gifts you have, but in only a month you've shown a gift for humor, and without trying. Something that many others try for and never succeed at.

Now, will it get you a car, probably not. What do you do for a living? Would you have time for an additional, part-time job which would allow you to save more quickly for the car?

Wow....thats like.. u are good!!! i dont know as lonely or as miserable as i am right now.... and all that crap...i always wear a smile.. if i cant handle a situation i would just do like "GRRRRR" at my own face with my facial expression of course doing it when nobody is looking and just laugh at all my problems.. but inside im hurting... what makes me feel better if is when i talk to someone who i can reallly be myself and just tell that person how a loser i am and still be my friend.. i need that person... but BLEEHH!!!

with ur other question, i do Kitchen hand job at a hotel its casual and only fridays and weekends which gives me enuf and mon-thu i have school.. i have lots of time though...and yea i can call myself a freelance graphic designier that i can be confident enuf thats what im good at.. but i only make so LITTLE!!! like sometimes NULL!i entered this competition in graphic design please pray for me to make it to the final 3..... thank you. arigatou gosaimas

SadRabbit said:
Lol...yeah but u win me overall man lol...you know how to skate, drive, swim...lol
SadRabbit are you my soulmate????? a loser and another loser... wil we ever achieve anything??? change the world? we cant even change our own world! lets sing the loser song :p

Haha, hummm I for one am a guy so, ya lol, I am definitely not your soulmate. Change the world, not really. I am quite adamant that after I serve my purpose of caring for my parents, i will slit my wrist and die. =) So, until now, I pretty much have to lead a life. I walk with no purpose, no goal, no aim. I am infact like a dead person, a souless person walking around.

MisterD said:
Heres my status..

Why are you guys calling yourselves losers?! Yes Rabbit, I'm talking to YOU too! There are enough people in this world that will try to put you down and make you feel bad about yourself, without you turning on yourselves as well. And to whose perception of "loser" are you referring? I want to know who gets to decide who is and isn't a worthy person.

Not everyone cares whether or not you can drive or swim or any of that. Some superficial people might, but they're the kinds of people you wouldn't want to have anything to do with anyway!

I live on the coast and am surrounded by beach culture, yet I won't set foot in the ocean! I'm 22 and only got my licence last month, but probably won't be able to afford to own and run a car potentionally for years! Actually, now that I have my licence I don't really plan on driving any time soon at all.

Not everyone is the same and your worth as a person cannot be measured by checking skills off a list. Never, ever compare yourself to other people guys....there will always be people who are better off than you and just as many who are worse off than you. Everyone's struggling to make the most of what they've got... It's all we can do.

diamond-dancer said:
MisterD said:
Heres my status..

Why are you guys calling yourselves losers?! Yes Rabbit, I'm talking to Y....

yea i know what u mean.. but most people nowadays.. specially girls i think have more interest with guys who has lots of skills u know and success. same with guys too theyll probably would like to hang out with someone who going good with their status and can do stuff. so making friends with them is somehow scary coz theres only few people that u can find nowadays who will accept u regardless, and dealing with rejection is painful, we tend to just face the rejection u might get when making friends or just not make friends so u wouldnt get hurt at all

Latest posts

Back