Lonely and dwelling on my birthday...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleachblack

Reaction score
This is my first post here and I have never imagined myself to ever write on a forum like this.

I am a 22, turning 23 this week, girl. I come from a wealthy family, I have a wonderful dog, and I am in a happy relationship of three years. I have loving parents. I live in a beautiful apartment and have traveled around the world. I am tall, thin, and many people constantly tell me I am gorgeous and look like a model. I get good grades at my university. I am in good health. On the outside it looks like I am living the perfect life. People constantly tell me how jealous they are of me and how glamorous I am. I guess that's because they don't know that for the past three days I haven't left the house for more than an hour. Other than to walk the dog and get food.

The one thing that brings me down is the lack of friends I have. My best friend right now is a girl I have hung out with once, which sounds pathetic. My boyfriend travels a lot for work and when he is gone I feel incredibly lonely and cry a lot and usually stay up all night. Right now he is gone for a week. My birthday is this weekend and I feel incredibly lonely. I have cried several times already because for once, I want to feel special on my birthday and be surrounded my friends. I have bought myself so many wonderful presents but nothing can make me feel better. I would trade it in a heartbeat to be able to go to a big birthday dinner with some friends. I don't know what's wrong with me. On the outside it looks like my life is perfect, but I am so alone.

I wish I knew how to reach out to people and make more friends. I think it is because I am constantly scared that people will hate me. I don't even know why I'm writing this. Maybe it is because I just need to get it off my chest.

Yeah, it helps to vent. Welcome to the forum.
What I've done recently is just gone out to a bar on the weekend and chatted to strangers (a few drinks makes that much easier for me). Only done it twice and already made a couple of friends, met some nice people, and been passionately... assaulted by a beautiful girl whose name I didn't know (I thought I was completely undesireable, so this really did wonders for my confidence). It is hard to make friends. I have had almost no friends for quite a few years now, but recently I've realised they aren't going to turn up on my doorstep, and I have to get out there and find them.
I hope your birthday is not an unhappy one. Even if it is, it can be better next year.

o_rly001.jpg

Happy Birthday...

Yeah my exgf gose through it.
Females are jealouse of her and are intiminated by her looks and a cussie life we were living. Sometimes the females were down right nasty and mean to her....
The males...mots just wanna be friend her with an alternative motive.

Please dont Isolate. Get out and break bread with people.

Latest posts

Back