Any fans of American Motors in the house?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedstoneOf1976

Reaction score
Seems to me that AMC is finally getting the respect they diserve. I'm currantly getting my 1970 Javelin built up. All AMC power and no substitutes. Parts avalible to restore amc products seem to me are more readly avalible then a decade ago. I'm going to have to learn to be polite when people will argue with me that my Javelin is a "custom Camero"or "Yeah thats a Ford 390 under the hood". :rolleyes: Just bite my tongue and drive away.:p
I've been an avid fan of AMC since I saw my first 1968 Javelin when I was 9 years old. I though that was the best looking muscle car I had ever seen. All my friends loved the Camaro or the Mustang but something about that little company the could. With research I learned that AMC had the first avalible Eectronic Fuel Injection to be bought for $395 for their 327 V8 in the 1956 Rebel. At least two pre-production Rebels with EFI, however, are known to have been built. One was sent to Daytona Beach, Florida for "Speed Week" (the forerunner of today's Daytona 500). It was the second fastest car on the beach, bested only by a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette with mechanical fuel injection, and only by a couple tenths of a second. Thats insane considering the Corvette was a little 2 seater where as the Rebel was fullsize car.
AMC lives!!!:)

RedstoneOf1976 said:
Come on!! 41 views and no replys?. I guess there is no love and only voyeurs here.

I'm a Mustang guy myself. I drive a red '00 GT coupe, but I think all muscle cars are cool and I don't get it when people like one but seem to dislike the rest. It's my favorite type of car. Could you post pictures of your Javelin? I'd like to see it!

I love old Chevys, I had an 86 Sliverado. Miss that thing. I would also like a Chevelle. I'm not extremely knowledgable on cars, but I sure do like to look at them.

Sorry, the only thing I know about them is the one in Forza 4 (71 I beleive)

Javelin.jpg

I did participate in an online classic muscle race series with this car and others, was fun for sure!

Latest posts

Back