Feeling like it will always be this way..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alliestars

Reaction score
Do you ever feel like it will always be this way or feel this way for you. I know I do a lot of the time. I feel like I'm always going to be lonely..

I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I do.............and I hate this feeling more than anything else.

*signs*
As the number of people I engage increases, my level of optimism (or pessimism) remains constant. I can talk to people, share a smile, exchange a witty remark or two, maybe even discover common ground, but nothing ever comes of it. It is always the same. There is never enough time during the encounter. There is always a feeling of discomfort that stems from the atmosphere or another aspect of the scenario that discourages me (or them or all) from going for more. Going for more never feels APPROPRIATE at this stage of my life.

i know exactly how you feel. i have felt this way for quite some time now.

i worry about it a lot, i know that external things can change like friends life apartments homes school and honeysuckle,

but my messed up incompetent chemical deprived brain probably won't, so life could change drastically, but i know it won't, but what if I'm still miserable?

looking back i think i've felt this way most my life even as a kid with ehh an, ok no life still sucked, i had to go to church and sunday school not only every sunday but every ******* goddamn wendsday as well, ******* bullshit

god my parents sucked

but i don't know I mean I know other kids had to do this, but they probably weren't as miserable as i was, maybe all it takes is one **** thing, and it makes me feel miserbale, like it's almost my defualt setting,

maybe am I too suceptable to negative outside emotional stimulus,

i don;t know

i talked to my shrink about this, i he said there was hope still and that i was still growing physically and emotioanlly,

but i don't know i think maybe he was just bullshitting me

alliestars said:
Do you ever feel like it will always be this way

I'm 42 years old and it has been this way for the last 30 years, so yeah.

I think sites like this offer hope. There are people who understand.

Yes,it will always be this way to all of us. Except if we do something about it. No more excuses,no more reasons not to,just get out and go to a bar or something and talk to random people. That's how you make friends,that's how it always has been

lonely_visionary said:
I think sites like this offer hope. There are people who understand.

Hope is not enough though. We all have hope,and we're all lonely. See the resemblance?

jjam said:
*signs*
As the number of people I engage increases, my level of optimism (or pessimism) remains constant. I can talk to people, share a smile, exchange a witty remark or two, maybe even discover common ground, but nothing ever comes of it. It is always the same. There is never enough time during the encounter. There is always a feeling of discomfort that stems from the atmosphere or another aspect of the scenario that discourages me (or them or all) from going for more. Going for more never feels APPROPRIATE at this stage of my life.

I totally know what you mean, i can come across very friendly and social but i never seem to get people wanting to meet up or 'have coffe' etc, and i dont know how to ask someone to meet up for lunch or whatever, it just seems weird to do that??

"In loneliness . . . faith in deliverance, in ultimate restoration, is absent. The pain is unrelenting, and what makes the condition intolerable is the...feeling felt as fact...that no remedy will come -- not in a day, an hour, a month, or a minute. . . . It is hopelessness even more than pain that crushes the soul.” - William Styron That's why you should always have hope, because once you loose it, you'll truly never come back.

i don't know how to have any more hope... i wake up, cry practically the WHOLE DAY and i go to bed dreading the next day coz its gonna be the same, and the next, and the next... and the way i see it, nothing is going to change because if it can, it already would.

Hmmmm...I have been avoiding this thread cause I feel like this a lot....but we need to hit our fears head on.

My mind says "Not True!!!" but the crappy feelings always come back along with the lies.....lies that my life will be miserable so end it now...get it over with.

These thoughts are lies people!!!! Don't listen to them!!! Don't give up!!!! I'm not.....it's not over yet....

I try to live one day at a time because the thought of 30 or 40 more years like the one's I've had fills me with a deep despair and dread that I can hardly describe. I can't do it and I know I can't. Hence the day at a time thing.

One day at a time is better than living in the past. It's nice to be secure in your realities of the past, but it's not good to constantly be living in it, to pine for things that won't ever be, and three of the worst possible things you can do is keep saying could have, should have, would have. This reminds me of yet another quote " Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time. " Meaning that you should look forward to the future, to make the best of it you possibly can.

I totally know what you mean, i can come across very friendly and social but i never seem to get people wanting to meet up or 'have coffe' etc, and i dont know how to ask someone to meet up for lunch or whatever, it just seems weird to do that??
LOOOOOL!!!
I know what you mean dude it has always been that way for me. Always been a follower rather than a doer. Even today I'm 27 and I tried 2 weeks ago to set up a bbq party. I wrote a message on my facebook wall to make everybody aware, but none ever answered.
It sucked, I felt stupid.

Yes, it's been this way for as long as I can remember, so, I can't see it changing. It will probably just get worse as I get more and more negative about it all. :(

butterfly91, I feel exactly the same way as you do.....Hugs.

Latest posts

Back