were you in day care?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashakiddo

Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for people age 16 and up who were in daycare to interview through im - skype, aim, msn, anything.

I was in day care from age 5-11 and it had a positive influence on my life.

I am doing interviews for a research project and I hope to find more people!

i forgot to mention, please email me at my temporary email address: [email protected]

i was not in day care.. but from age 4 upwards i was in school.

Until the age of 4, I was home with my mother and siblings while my father worked.

After my parents divorced, I was put into daycare until age 7.

After age 7, I was at home with my older siblings who beat and bullied me, while my mother worked 60+ hours a week to support us.

Most of the time my siblings would leave and I would be alone. I pretty much raised myself from age 7. I used to cook (like on a stove) my own meals at that age, administer my own allergy medicines, ride my bike all over town, and do whatever I wanted.

While I was in daycare, I was beat by the owner's son and he broke my elbow.

My mom was my daycare, she used to bring my brother and I to work with her then I went to school at age 4 - 20 and that was our daycare.

Kenny, that kind of sucks but not uncommon. Dammit you reminded me I forgot to take my allergy medication this morning! Crap.

I always wondered about the pros and cons of daycare.

I just remembered; i believe i was in daycare when i was very young, maybe 5 or so; so my parents could work. This happened when i lived in eastern europe some 12 yrs ago. The other kids were nice.. there was no bullying or anything. but half of the time we were required to sleep. There was this one particular unpleasant lady who would check everyone and use a makeshift whip (can't remember exactly what it was) on anyone who would misbehave. I remember her because she was very strict ... acting out was unthinkable. I think many of the kids, just like me, faked sleep so as not to get hurt. she hit me once when I wasn't sleeping.. i told my parents some time later and all hell broke loose...glad i spoke up ; I hope she got fired.. how the hell can you whip little kids for not sleeping..sick

i can't help you much.. it was a long time ago and my memories are blurred.. never thought about it until today

Latest posts

Back