Have any of you except your loneliness ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jehuty

I have. I am 20 years old but I know what many of you are going to say that I am young and I have alot of life

To be honest. I don't think I am going to live long. I just have this feeling that I am going to live somewhere in my late 30's or early 40's. Not because I am going to kill myself but because of some disease or something.

I'm a loner.It's just hard for me to get along with people. It's not that I can't start a conversation.It's just because I am not interesting.Add to that that I have no physical attraction. Well getting a women to actually try to talk to me is a mission.Looks do matter and you know what I understand.We are humans. So it's hard to get a women attention, when you have all this beautiful people all around you and you just look ugly.I would love to have a female campanion but I just giving up. I am constally getting eeeeeeewwwwwwed at and called ugly and it hurts alot, that I given up.

Don't have any friends.Like I said I am not interesting so it's hard for me to make friends.

Don't fit anywhere in my family. I am so different thats it's hard to get along with them. So we hardly talk.

I only had one friend but she died. no it wasn't a person. It was this cat I found.I found her on the road,a small kitten. I would tell it all my hopes and dreams.I don't know if she even cared but at least there was something there to listen instead of me talking to myself constantly. Then I found her dead a couple of weeks ago. I guess some dog killed her. I was so sad and depressed.The only thing in the world that actually listened gone.

Now I am here a loner.I have accepted it. I am going to be a lonely person for the rest of my life. Whatever I have left I guess.

Hia, well so you loved your cat, great I have two... loneliness will be with you all your life unless you fight it. Keeping busy is good? and making friends you would be surprised how many cat lovers there are about.. Could you not go and get another kitten, (remember having an animal is FOR LIFE!)

To be honest I never really liked cats or hated them just no interested in them.

Well I found this little kitten on the road. All crying, I just couldn't leave it there.I nursed it back. Played with it. So she grew on me. So you know to me loosing it was as bad as loosing a child.

Well, to conquer your loneliness, you must have a visible plan of action. Your source of problem appears to be a lack of self confidence, because you don't think you're interesting. Ask yourself, what do you enjoy? What hobbies do you like? Do you enjoy sports? Art? Music? Despite the fact you think you aren't interesting, the best way to make yourself interesting is to find what you like, and elaborate on it. I was lonely myself for a while, but I joined a local boxing gym for fitness, and partially as a hobby. I made alot of friends, learned some cool stuff, and actually toned up a tad. You're right; the initial decision to talk to a person IS based off physical attraction. You've identified this, well, deal with it. You can either choose to grow better physically, via toning up and whatever, or mentally, and develop yourself as a person. I'd suggest the latter. Just do things that interest you, and you'll become interesting because of yourself.

At 12 i wondered what would happen if i ended up alone.

At 18 i thought i could end up alone, but didn't think it would happen.

At 23 i figured i would always be alone, but secretly thought maybe i would find someone.

At 30 i accepted that i will always be alone.

At 33, the crushing, cold, hard, realization of what it truly means to be alone set in.

i a determined to not see 41.

If people can't make friends with you make friends with yourself. So, love and accept yourself as a friend.
Also doing this mean you have to accept your loneliness because you have to accept yourself completely.
That's not to say 'give in to the loneliness' but rejecting it and your very own feelings will more than likely cause complications.
Besides, feeling lonely is not just for people who are alone. I think I've felt lonelier being in groups with people!
I know people who have felt incredible and consistently lonely in relationships, many in fact.
So, if they can get rid of it, so can you! But it'll be hard, yet many of the greatest things in life are ;)

"To love oneself is to have a lifelong romance." Oscar Wilde.

If I accepted my loneliness, I probably would not have done the web search that lead me here.

So, no. I do not accept it, it bothers me, and I seek ways to correct this situation.

Case said:
If I accepted my loneliness, I probably would not have done the web search that lead me here.

So, no. I do not accept it, it bothers me, and I seek ways to correct this situation.

I've accepted my loneliness. Guess where I am now?
You can be accepting of something, but be able to change it too.

Besides, I'm not telling you to do anything! >_<
I'm only answering the question & what accepting my loneliness has done for me.
I'm going to have emotions, because humans have feelings.
The emotions are always going to be there, like it or not.
So, "rejecting" them does nothing. All I can do is try to change the situation around me.
But, how can I resolve my problems when I can't even accept myself and my very human-traits like emotions, anyway?

If it wasn't for my cats, I don't know what I would do. They love me and need my affection and caring and I feel very very loved by them. I don't have that with a person and probably never will.
I feel very sad for you, having lost your baby .... it is a terrible thing to go through.

The more I deal with humans, the more I become content with being a true loner. I mean, they may seem okay on some superficial stuff, then they pull some fast honeysuckle and kick you out of school.

It's better you leave them be. Their egos will only get them and those around them in trouble. Can't be arsed anymore.

I don't think being a loner is all that bad of a thing... But then I can't really speak for everybody & everybody's in different predicament so that being said, this is only my opinion & how I've been dealing with my own loneliness... Every since I was a child, I've always felt most content when I was alone... There were times when my family members were concerned about how I reacted to being alone & they even thought about having me see a counselor... Some said it was just a phase... There was period of time I even tried to be more social for their sake but then found it not to my liking... They eventually accepted that I was a loner & liked being a loner... While my brother & sister went out with their friends on weekends & stuff, I've always done things alone and/or stay home... I'm not sure if I've ever had to "accept" my loneliness, it was just a natural part of my life...

Latest posts

Back