can't get interested in anything anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A new life

Reaction score
I think that I could make more friends, and maybe even find someone special if I had more interests.
But I just don't seem to be able to get interested in anything anymore.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Anybody got any suggestions?

I have the same problem kind of. I want to get into things like urban exploration, hiking, meditating, gardening, running, mountain biking. I already do quite a bit of these activities on my own, but I cannot find others interested in the same activities. It is so easy to find people who want to do nothing but hang out and drink, do drugs but for everything else it is a wasteland. There are so many county parks near where I live, but most the time you go there and they are always quite empty. If people are there, it is usually because they want to walk their dog somewhere they can be rude and not pick up the dogshit.

Also I do not want to resonate with most of society, or let's say I cannot. I am a healthy vegan that avoids artificial sugars. overcooked foods and junk food. I am not all about making and spending money, infact I hate both equally and there is not people have to talk about nowadays besides economic activity in some way. I don't drink, do drugs, I even avoid over the counter medicines. I am not about getting identify from buying products, etc. So really I cannot mesh with others, and to a large extent I don't want to even though I know it is unhealthy to stay so isolated and in my head all the time.

Thrasymachus said:
I am a healthy vegan that avoids artificial sugars.

I've done the vegan thing.
Never felt better in my life.
Awful lot of work though.

Last night I ad-libbed a lentil loaf.
Needs tweaking, but it has promise.

I've quit drinking too.
And never liked to drink with other people.
So that's another group I count myself OUT of.

I have the same problem kind of. I want to get into things like urban exploration, hiking, meditating, gardening, running, mountain biking. I already do quite a bit of these activities on my own, but I cannot find others interested in the same activities. It is so easy to find people who want to do nothing but hang out and drink, do drugs but for everything else it is a wasteland. There are so many county parks near where I live, but most the time you go there and they are always quite empty. If people are there, it is usually because they want to walk their dog somewhere they can be rude and not pick up the dogshit.

Also I do not want to resonate with most of society, or let's say I cannot. I am a healthy vegan that avoids artificial sugars. overcooked foods and junk food. I am not all about making and spending money, infact I hate both equally and there is not people have to talk about nowadays besides economic activity in some way. I don't drink, do drugs, I even avoid over the counter medicines. I am not about getting identify from buying products, etc. So really I cannot mesh with others, and to a large extent I don't want to even though I know it is unhealthy to stay so isolated and in my head all the time.

i often have the same problem try meetup.com

i like it

I have the same problem..and had it for what seems like ages now. Psychologists and Therapists call it -deep depression-...but i seriously don't know what to think about it. I just know that i have experienced some tragic and traumatic losses and been seriously ill, there was a period of life that lasted YEARS when everything just went from bad to worse constantly..one horrific thing after the other happened, i didn't have time to recuperate from one thing when the next disaster was already at knocking on the door. I simply became scared of life and people..and i can trace my own lack of interest in stuff down to simple and raw FEAR that something will go wrong again, or that someone will on purpose hurt me again..and joining this site today is the first EFFORT i am making to get out of this phase of life. I feel it will otherwise drive me to insanity or suicide if i don't reach out and make an effort to become a social being again..if nothing else, at least online..as i feel far from prepared from connecting with people in real life, s.t.s...I have pulled back and withdrawn from life outside my apartment to such mild extent that i don't HAVE anybody to connect with anymore even if i wish i did sometimes. But i somehow feel SAFE this way, nobody knows me, nobody outside the fam gets in touch..and yes, this is all due to very extensive and serious trauma and post traumatic stress syndrome.. But if there is some hope for me finally, maybe there is hope for you also, as, at least you have also joined this site and you ARE talking about how you feel and needing answers, so i reckon it is a massive step in the right direction to become interested in things and life again.
Bless. get in touch if you're up to it!

Hugs

A new life said:
I think that I could make more friends, and maybe even find someone special if I had more interests.
But I just don't seem to be able to get interested in anything anymore.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Anybody got any suggestions?

What different things have you tried doing?

Latest posts

Back