Every Time I walk into a room... People stop talking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud_Weis_Er

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? Whenever I walk into a crowded room (or even a kind of populated bar)... for some reason everyone stops talking... Man, I really don't know why but it makes me feel so alienated. I guess it's how I project myself... I don't really know... but it makes me feel like honeysuckle. I suck the fun energy out of most places I go lol, it's not really a joke though I really do, and I don't know why. I think I'm a fun person, I drink and do pretty much what everyone else does at the bar scene... but for some reason it's like I'm an alien when i'm around most people... I just don't understand why. I WISH that one day someone would just have the balls to come up to me and tell me why that is... why I put people off so badly like that... so I could at least work on fixing it, but I don't know why...so I can't really do anything about it. This is not all in my head btw trust me, I've had this happen to me time and time and time again at social events.

I don't think there anything wrong with you. People tend to do this all time when someone new walks. Next time when this happens try looking back at them and saying hi and see what they say.

You should crack a joke "Feels like I just walked into a funeral!"

j/king, I think there's a high chance that those people do that whenever someone new walks in there, some people are like that.

I find this hard too. I'm fine at work because there is a set topic. But in social situations my brain seems to freeze after initial chatting. I've always had the strategy of arriving late when people are already chatting and leaving early after there seems to be a pressure on things to say.

I appreciate this thread and it's foolishness.

But to reply seriously, no, it doesn't happen to me.

But I'm sorry it happens to you.

People can be pricks.

Attracting people's attention is a good thing. You have to use that in your favor! :D Next time just go to a group of people and talk to them, just see what happens. good luck!

Latest posts

Back