Acne is back - going to a social dinner this Sat with it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans

Reaction score
Okay, I've been on contraceptives, other retin medications for my hormonal acne, and they've worked wonderfully. I'd have clear skin, and no problems meeting people. But because I've taken so many cycles for a long time, I've stopped. Acne is back and it kind of bothers me. Just feel conscious about it and don't feel so upbeat in going for meetups and meeting people anymore.

But this Saturday, there's a dinner. I saw that a few guys will be there..and other girls with clearer skin. When I washed my bumpy forehead earlier, I thought : "No way I'm gonna go to that dinner looking like this." But screw it. I've done my best. I don't think I even have the money to go back on those meds again. So I'm just going. I mean, yeah ... here comes Pimply Beans to the dinnah.....

I have (male) relatives who've had it and they have a lot of friends, even a girlfriend, and those old enough now are happily married.

So a pimple or two is nothing to worry about!

Hell, I've had it so I know how it feels meeting people with that. But I try not to think about it too much.

Remain confident and outgoing, I'm sure it'll go fine. :D

try not to let it get to ya too much- many people dont care about seeing people with acne- people realise that it happens...

although there are a few things you could try to reduce the redness and all that:

witch hazel-you can get this to put on and it reduces the redness pretty quick,
i heard that hemorroid cream is supposed to help- i have no idea if that works but a lot of people say it works lol
toothpaste-again weird-but it works! put some on each spot, leave a min or two then wash off- you will also smell minty fresh! :D

There is a medical facewash thats good- i cant remember the name of it now, but if i remember it soon i will let you know :p

them clearasil adverts are bullshit-they get some guy/girl with no spots at all, coat em in make up and paint a red dot on-then take it off! nothing like playing on peoples self image to make money is there!

I'm sure this doesn't work for everybody, but...

I used to have really bad acne. Then, I read something somebody posted online about a relationship between dandruff and acne. So I started making sure to clean my scalp really well, and once a week, I rub some of the shampoo down onto my face. It cut my acne down by half.

Ak5 said:
I have (male) relatives who've had it and they have a lot of friends, even a girlfriend, and those old enough now are happily married.

So a pimple or two is nothing to worry about!

Hell, I've had it so I know how it feels meeting people with that. But I try not to think about it too much.

Remain confident and outgoing, I'm sure it'll go fine. :D

Oh mine is not just a pimple or two..it's a lot. And also, for guys, it's acceptable, but not for girls. Guys just kinda creep out on girls with acne.

Rolo said:
try not to let it get to ya too much- many people dont care about seeing people with acne- people realise that it happens...

although there are a few things you could try to reduce the redness and all that:

witch hazel-you can get this to put on and it reduces the redness pretty quick,
i heard that hemorroid cream is supposed to help- i have no idea if that works but a lot of people say it works lol
toothpaste-again weird-but it works! put some on each spot, leave a min or two then wash off- you will also smell minty fresh! :D

There is a medical facewash thats good- i cant remember the name of it now, but if i remember it soon i will let you know :p

them clearasil adverts are bullshit-they get some guy/girl with no spots at all, coat em in make up and paint a red dot on-then take it off! nothing like playing on peoples self image to make money is there!

I've tried toothpaste and witch hazel stuff, doesn't work. But thanks!

nerdygirl said:
I'm sure this doesn't work for everybody, but...

I used to have really bad acne. Then, I read something somebody posted online about a relationship between dandruff and acne. So I started making sure to clean my scalp really well, and once a week, I rub some of the shampoo down onto my face. It cut my acne down by half.

Hun, I've tried all kinds of shampoo (even from the derm and its the strongest) for dandruff, nothing works. And acne for me is caused by hormones, by releasing excess sebum oil production which causes the acne.

I don't have any magic formula for getting rid of acne but Erase Paste by Benefit is a great concealer. If it can hide this single parent's undereye circles from not enough sleep and zits, you might want to try it too. :) I know Benefit is sold in department stores, Sephora and Ulta. It's expensive (about $26) but hella worth it. :)

Teresa

Well, yes. Acne is usually due to oily skin. On the plus side, if your skin remains oily, your skin will not wrinkle so much as you age! Oh, the wonderful news you learn in school when you become an esthetician.

I'm pretty bad for this, I have to wash my face 5 times a day just to keep up on it. If I don't I'm screwed. Tried all sorts of honeysuckle but it works about as well as soap, which is to say not very much.

Limlim said:
I'm pretty bad for this, I have to wash my face 5 times a day just to keep up on it. If I don't I'm screwed. Tried all sorts of honeysuckle but it works about as well as soap, which is to say not very much.

Be careful doing that. It upsets the pH level of your face. Washing your skin that much strips it of the oils, which sounds great to us because we don't want the acne. Unfortunately, our skin wants the oils, so it works even harder to produce more of it.

nerdygirl said:
Limlim said:

Be careful doing that. It upsets the pH level of your face. Washing your skin that much strips it of the oils, which sounds great to us because we don't want the acne. Unfortunately, our skin wants the oils, so it works even harder to produce more of it.

Yes! I remember now my doctor saying something about that long time ago. Also, don't squeeze any.

I would recommend buying a facial cleanser (make sure it says that it removes oil of course).

Limlim said:
they say don't squeeze any, but then they never go away!

OK first of all, is your cystic? Or its like the whiteheads one, with a little stuff in it?

If you truly truly cannot resist popping the things, please acquire an extractor and only get the ones with heads. They sell them at Walmart for about $3.

beans said:
Limlim said:

OK first of all, is your cystic? Or its like the whiteheads one, with a little stuff in it?

Uh... I don't know, sometimes they get heads. Either way they never go away till I squeeze em and turn em into red bloody messes, where they heal up in a couple of days

nerdygirl said:
If you truly truly cannot resist popping the things, please acquire an extractor and only get the ones with heads. They sell them at Walmart for about $3.

Not really a question of resisting or not, if I don't do it they stay there forever :p What is an extractor? A syringe that sucks out the puss?

extractor.jpg

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Limlim said:
beans said:
Limlim said:

Uh... I don't know, sometimes they get heads. Either way they never go away till I squeeze em and turn em into red bloody messes, where they heal up in a couple of days

nerdygirl said:

Not really a question of resisting or not, if I don't do it they stay there forever :p What is an extractor? A syringe that sucks out the puss?

Are you sure it stays there forever? Hmm I know big ones for me would last for 3-4 weeks but they do subside and eventually go.

Never waited that long to find out, that's not an acceptable amount of time to have a zit for me. I just assumed after like 2 weeks if it wasn't going away then I was doing something wrong when washing it.

Latest posts

Back