Tell me if you think this is strange about me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster

Reaction score
But I feel that I'm the only one awake in this world and everyone else is sleeping. I can feel a parallel with the dream world and the real world and I see and feel them as the same thing, just one is a basic level of perception and the other is a much more complex level. But they are both similar in that they both worlds parallel each other.

I stray away from other people because I see them as dreaming in their own little worlds, while I'm awake consciously in this same dream that is this world. But I find myself unable to dream like them, mostly because I don't want to, I want to stay awake, I have feel like I'm more aware and conscious of this world that everyone is sleeping in.

How strange is this????? I have never done drugs or anything.

Strange isn't always a bad thing...
I promise that your not the only one awake though, it's one in the morning where I am and I probably wont get rest tonight.
I can understand, in a way, why you would think the world around you sleeps though. Most people are zombies and stumble through life.
This post reminded me of something my father once said...he told me that most people walk through their lives half asleep, never really seeing. That if I could wake up and *really* see the world, I would live a life of constant amazement.

Wow your father gets me! And he is so right, like zombies, living their lives half asleep.

But I actually dont see it like a metaphor, I actually can "see" and comprehend the distinction of dreaming while sleeping as you lay down and dreaming as you go on your day. Its like a "sober" feeling, I cant seem to want to desire the foolish act of dreaming like how everyone else does, unconsciously and automaticaly. There for deeming me lonely because of it. Like im the only soul awake while everyone sleeps and I have no one to relate to. Its very lonely.....

My father is a different type of person and everyone says that's where I get it from. We had this conversation when I was young, maybe 8 or 9, and it's something I've always strived for in one way or the other. I think I managed it once for a short time, being totally awake, but the broken parts in me eventually took over and I slowly stopped seeing the world with new eyes. It's a sad thing to admit but I don't think I'll ever reach that point again.
I wasn't really using a metaphor, I was speaking in literal terms but maybe I'm still not understanding what you mean. It sounds interesting though, I wish I did :)

when you look at people laughing or walking in the streets. you'd see them as people who are clueless of how the world is now. But when you get to know them, you'll soon realize how most, if not all of them have been through phases in lives way more severe than what you had or have understood far great things than you could ever comprehend. When we feel like we are on top of the world, we see people as little as ants trying to go about their daily lives, but when we try to submerge ourselves in their worlds, that's when we will know what the world is like. Compose of many lives, many stories and many individuals.Then our towers that we thought gave us the real truth are nothing but bubbles we chose to believe in. Perhaps one can say people are living in their own little bubbles which keeps them safe and sane, but that's what we really have in life. To live in little bubbles and continue to expand it more and more as we grow up and as we understand things. I don't know what you mean by ''awake'' and ''dreaming''. But I think people are rather interesting whom I can learn things I could not imagine now and that's what gives me a thirst for life. No one knows more than anyone and no one is more special than anyone. Probably, one of the many but vital reasons why most people are alone, because to them, being different is more important than being themselves.

I don't know if this reply is connected to what you mean. I ask apology if I offended you. But what is really reality and what is the dream scene? ^^ I may never know...

floffyschneeman said:
when you look at people laughing or walking in the streets. you'd see them as people who are clueless of how the world is now. But when you get to know them, you'll soon realize how most, if not all of them have been through phases in lives way more severe than what you had or have understood far great things than you could ever comprehend. When we feel like we are on top of the world, we see people as little as ants trying to go about their daily lives, but when we try to submerge ourselves in their worlds, that's when we will know what the world is like. Compose of many lives, many stories and many individuals.Then our towers that we thought gave us the real truth are nothing but bubbles we chose to believe in. Perhaps one can say people are living in their own little bubbles which keeps them safe and sane, but that's what we really have in life. To live in little bubbles and continue to expand it more and more as we grow up and as we understand things. I don't know what you mean by ''awake'' and ''dreaming''. But I think people are rather interesting whom I can learn things I could not imagine now and that's what gives me a thirst for life. No one knows more than anyone and no one is more special than anyone. Probably, one of the many but vital reasons why most people are alone, because to them, being different is more important than being themselves.

I don't know if this reply is connected to what you mean. I ask apology if I offended you. But what is really reality and what is the dream scene? ^^ I may never know...

Beautifully said. I agree. Sometimes I look at people and think 'how can they continue to do what they've always been doing even though they seem so sick of it' but when you sit down and hear them out, most of them have other commitments, stories, and situations that we may not face. Most people do have a story. I find that those who think like it's 'me' vs 'them/the world' maybe haven't personally gotten close to other people.

I find that this happens to a lot of people who are afraid of others getting close to them and therefore, they have a distorted view of 'the world'. They think they are usually the only one who feels the way they do when really, there are some individuals who feel the same but they don't know that they do or they have not met them.

Thanks for the replies.

So ya'll are saying that perhaps my mind created this bubble of perception to protect myself from the world. I have been through out of the ordinary traumatic events over my entire life. And even perhaps a good dose of pride, thinking that im somehow higher than the rest so I wouldnt feel lower than everyone. Like if this is all just a natural defence mechanism that my mind created to cope with the harshe reality of how life is...... Interesting...

But why is does it feel so true and fit so well like a puzzle in both comparisons? Could it be that perhaps that this state may truly be a more enlighten state? Like an awoken state? Because it makes so much sense, I could write best sellers out of what I know and see, only if I had good writting skills. I think it may even help people who are going through a bad time in their life, even suicidal people. It would help them snap out of it until they got their life together, then dose of into sleep in life once they are ready. Its just I find it foolish to sleep and dream the perceptions of this world, I feel like im better than that (pride huh). But this could be a natural state of mind. Like I said I could write books about this and people would be amazed to be awakened to an awaereness of this. I did it once and a friend loved it. But it was no where close to sophisticated novel. But I dont really care so much about writting either.

I just feel

Alone, because of it. But I am also greatful, because without it I know how missereable and how I would be suffering if I wasnt this way...

You need to talk to more people about this kind of thing and about life in general. I think perceiving things this way is normal when we're lonely; I've felt the way you do. Every person on this earth is as conscious and aware as you are. However, if you just watch people from afar then all you see is their actions; When you get to know them then you get a sense of their motivations, desires, passions, their perspective of the world... who they are.

We are all alone inside our own heads. However, we are all together in the world.

DaveIsLonely said:
You need to talk to more people about this kind of thing and about life in general. I think perceiving things this way is normal when we're lonely; I've felt the way you do. Every person on this earth is as conscious and aware as you are. However, if you just watch people from afar then all you see is their actions; When you get to know them then you get a sense of their motivations, desires, passions, their perspective of the world... who they are.

We are all alone inside our own heads. However, we are all together in the world.

Yes!!!!!

I thank everyone for their input.

I now atleast know what people see when put with this type of issue. But frankly I am going to continue to trust my senses. Its like trying to tell someone outside the box how he views things from withing out, but without being truly out of the box, one can not truly understand what I feel. But I am so thankfull in having an understanding of how people see my situation. By doing so I am much pleasant to be around people, I am alot more content with others since I am now able to understand from honest critizism, and am able to simpathize and relate from how they will never truly understand me, and I can just numb it down a bit and be as happy as they are.

Thankyou again, I am completely aware of how delutional I sound right now and am. If you understood my humble ironic statement.... Thankyou

Monster said:
Its like trying to tell someone outside the box how he views things from withing out, but without being truly out of the box, one can not truly understand what I feel.

No it's fine, we are here to exchange views and honest opinions without trying to offend each other. I just want to know why you feel no one can truly understand what you feel? Can you try to write in words exactly what do you feel?

Are you saying people cannot feel what you feel? If so, what is it that you feel?

Everyone lives to a great or lesser extent in their own bubble of reality defined heavily by their perceptions. It is common to believe that you are more aware than most, and it may or may not be true, but everyone else has some knowledge to share with us as well.

Latest posts

Back