How can you tell if women are attracted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean-vic

Reaction score
This thread has probably been done to death, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Now, I'm not great at reading people so I can't tell what girls are thinking, and I don't want to approach one with misread info and humiliate myself, so I thought I'd ask what things to look for to tell if a girl is interested.

Any tell-tale signs?

jean-vic said:

Now, I'm not great at reading people so I can't tell what girls are thinking, and I don't want to approach one with misread info and humiliate myself, so I thought I'd ask what things to look for to tell if a girl is interested.

Any tell-tale signs?

Everyone'll say it's these basic things:

- She looks at you a lot, perhaps smiles when doing so
- She shifts her body position to focus on you when talking to her
- She holds eye contact for a long or overly excessive time
- She'll look for reasons to brush against or past you
- She might do stuff like sneakily lean against you or "play punch" you when you're chatting
- She'll focus on you when you're in a group with her
- She'll try to chat with you where possible (unless she's really shy, in which case she probably won't >_< )

Unfortunately, while the above are all true, I really recommend you look at any girl flirting with you with some deep logical thought before you pursue anything. Some girls flirt like crazy just because they seem to enjoy it, not because it means anything.

I had this one girl who was really cuddling up to me and stuff, turned out she wasn't interested and was instead horribly confused with her emotions, but I got burned a bit before I found that out.

And at present, I have a girl doing most of the above with me, especially the staring, but I still have no bloody clue if she really likes me or not. So I can understand the "hard to read" thing.

I think a girl who truly likes you makes it far more apparent after a while, or so the myths go. I've not yet found that out for myself, I just seem to attract the ladies that can't work out whether their flirting has a purpose :(

And Pie, yes, I must admit I chuckled. I think once girls start doing that you will already know that they're friendly for quite some time beforehand ;)

TheSolitaryMan said:
jean-vic said:

Any tell-tale signs?

Everyone'll say it's these basic things:

- She looks at you a lot, perhaps smiles when doing so
- She shifts her body position to focus on you when talking to her
- She holds eye contact for a long or overly excessive time
- She'll look for reasons to brush against or past you
- She might do stuff like sneakily lean against you or "play punch" you when you're chatting
- She'll focus on you when you're in a group with her
- She'll try to chat with you where possible (unless she's really shy, in which case she probably won't >_< )

Unfortunately, while the above are all true, I really recommend you look at any girl flirting with you with some deep logical thought before you pursue anything. Some girls flirt like crazy just because they seem to enjoy it, not because it means anything.

I had this one girl who was really cuddling up to me and stuff, turned out she wasn't interested and was instead horribly confused with her emotions, but I got burned a bit before I found that out.

And at present, I have a girl doing most of the above with me, especially the staring, but I still have no bloody clue if she really likes me or not. So I can understand the "hard to read" thing.

I think a girl who truly likes you makes it far more apparent after a while, or so the myths go. I've not yet found that out for myself, I just seem to attract the ladies that can't work out whether their flirting has a purpose :(

And Pie, yes, I must admit I chuckled. I think once girls start doing that you will already know that they're friendly for quite some time beforehand ;)

Thank you. This was helpful. She's not the type you described who would be overly flirtatious for the sake of it or one to lead people on, so there is no fear there.

There is a lass at work who makes me wonder, but the nature of our workplace makes it difficult to get near each other. Also, we only work weekends so it's two days in which we may be on opposite sides of the shop. However, today, more so than other times, I just noticed her looking at me a lot and smiling. And she always goes out of her way to say hello and goodbye, which no others do. Again, though, I'm a poor judge of character and I could be reading things into it that aren't there.

Peter Lorre said:
Supposedly, when women play with their hair while conversing, they're into you :D

I used to buy into this actually, then I realised roughly 65% of girls seem to have a symbiotic alien-host relationship with their hair, and simply can't stop touching it for more than four seconds ;)

(Hair twirling is oddly hot though, I don't even know why. It just is :\)

You will notice that she likes to spend time with you; she may also talk about future, and of coz her clothes when she is around be important for her along with make-up and stuff.

who cares if they are attracted. it's about whether you are attracted or not.

don't fear rejection. she will at least appreciate your attraction to her and your boldness in moving on it.

it's not like girls HATE guys that they aren't attracted to.

you can only find out when you ask. Don't be afraid of rejections. It's part of life.

blackhole said:
who cares if they are attracted. it's about whether you are attracted or not.

don't fear rejection. she will at least appreciate your attraction to her and your boldness in moving on it.

it's not like girls HATE guys that they aren't attracted to.

Appreciate it? Hmm. In my experience it changes things drastically.

And yes, I am.

the only thing it will change is you won't be friend material anymore.

so, if you want her romantically, you need to be clear that is your intent, and be willing to lose her as a "friend".

I know a girl who seemed to flirt with me quite alot, she is really very shy and a very nice genuine person though so it is hard to tell. She asked me to visit her for chat's whenever im in town, she would actively "try" and converse with me even though she was very shy around me, she would look away quick or to the floor whenever I caught her looking at me, she would sit by me if she could and would walk by me when going somewhere. The first time I met her she said hi to me and then gave me a long hug out of the blue.

Do you think that sounds like attraction??? Shame she is engaged to one of my friends... Women are so confusing! She used to do all this while her fiancee was there too.

I think she doesnt even realise that she does it.

ShybutHi said:
I know a girl who seemed to flirt with me quite alot, she is really very shy and a very nice genuine person though so it is hard to tell. She asked me to visit her for chat's whenever im in town, she would actively "try" and converse with me even though she was very shy around me, she would look away quick or to the floor whenever I caught her looking at me, she would sit by me if she could and would walk by me when going somewhere. The first time I met her she said hi to me and then gave me a long hug out of the blue.

Do you think that sounds like attraction??? Shame she is engaged to one of my friends... Women are so confusing! She used to do all this while her fiancee was there too.

I think she doesnt even realise that she does it.

Like I said...did she let you play with her BOOBS?

I knew Jenn before I went out with her...but when she was single again. She flirt with me or prob me...she threw the ball in my court.So it was really up to me how I wanted to hit the ball back in her court...(respond/repore).
fresia man...I dont really know how to explain it in freaken details.
I didnt anylized or thought about it too **** much....
It wasnt like I asked her if i could hold her from behind or if I could
kissed her. It wasnt like I asked her if I could be her BF
I just decided to hold her from behind then she leaned back into me....It wasnt a hug...ya know what i mean.
If she wasnt interested at the piont...she would had pushed me away.
Since I have magic hands...they stayed at her waist while I kissed
her neck as long as they could Then they worked themselve all over.
Then she calls me Michael instead of Mike the next day. (only my GFs or my mom calls me Michael)
Then she calls me babe...then she calls me honey the following days. Errrr ya think i was her BF?...I never asked her to be my GF.
As we're walking wherever....I just decided to reach over and hold her hands...stuff like that...visa versa.

IDK...maybe the first time we went out to eat...thats all i did was asked her to go hang out for coffee or wahtever after she flirted with me.
She said "yes"..but how the hell did I really know if she only wanted to still be friends...
Well...i didnt. what i did do was opened my car door for her and treated like she was kind da like my GF right off the bat...little stuff like that. Idk...I never planned it or thought about it. I just ran into her after driving all night from another state.

I think when you get comments from her friends / other people is a good sign.

I'm basing this on the 2 women who have definately liked me.

One was at work about 15 years ago and all the other members of staff used to joke with me and tell me that she was interested / had a crush.

The other one was a customer 10 years ago. Same thing, loads of comments from members of staff such as 'she likes you', 'you've got a friend there' etc.

The important thing is alot of people are saying things and not just one. I once had this woman come up and tell me this lass liked me and it turned out she didn't !

Well...Cyndy

I met Cyndy not too long ago.
I didnt even know her prior.

I was staying outside a night club.
Then she came outsdie...Then she crack a joke...making small talk with me.
Then she went back inside...

At the end of the night as evreryone was leaving...I just had the balls to ask her for her number...straight up.
I didnt know if she gave me a fake number..etc..etc.
She told me to hit her up in a few...
I was like...errrr Maybe shes just drunk.

Then onething lead to another a bounch
of us..ended up at ther place for an after party...
Other guys were hitting on her and dancing with her...
Then a dude made serioud moves on her...over and over again.

She stopped him...straigt up.
Then she pionted @ me.
She say " Do u see that dude?...I want
him...so back the fresia off"

Then she and I went outside watched the stars, made out N boobing.

Sometimes its straight up like....

Latest posts

Back