Why people ignore me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesha

Reaction score
Most of the time girls don't notice me at all while passing me by on the street, while I've noticed they notice other guys. And I am not ugly or something at all. I think they 'feel' I am socially anxious and lack confidence, so they just ignore me. Not only that but guys are the same. That other day I had an exam and there were only 3 of us taking the exam. So when one of the guys was ready and packed his bags, he said "Bye" to the professor and the teacher replied. However, the 2nd guy also replied. When I finished my work, I said "Bye" to the professor and he replied but the other guy ignored me. I hate it that people either 1) Ignore me or 2) Treat me like a bunch of crap. Am I giving some sort of depressed/loner vibes? Even the ladies on the check out desks don't smile at me like they do with other people. Should I start attacking people for treating me differently, because I'm fed up with dealing with that! Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Sounds like quite a bit of stuff for it to be just in your head, but who knows? Personally, I try to give someone a courtesy hello (or bye), but if they ignore me, I don't forget that. I won't give them a courtesy anything the next time around. What usually happens is that it goes on without courtesies for a long time. Sometimes they come around, and start acknowledging me, and sometimes they never do. If they begin acknowledging me, I give them the same courtesy, but after I give them the benefit of the doubt once or twice, there won't be a third time until they start deserving it.
It's kind of sad that I have to be that way, but that's how it is in society. Some people naturally think that they're on a different level than others, but in all fairness, they don't get buried any deeper than anyone else in the end.

I have done some experiments with people on the street, and boy had I developed a very negative and wrong attitude about it all. I have been coming to my senses, though.

Over 90% of the time, men, women AND children speak to me when I make my voice heard, look at them when I'm talking, and don't have earphones in my ear. A smile and friendlier tone of voice is more likely to be reciprocated than given in response to a greeting that isn't as pleasant. Sometimes if I am in a happy mood (and this will show on my face and in my movements), if I look at someone, they'll speak to me first. Sometimes I like to force myself to speak to EVERYONE, regardless of what they look like. And by looks, I'm mostly talking about a countenance of which I'll need to resist the urge to guess the mood/spirit behind. You know, sometimes you look at people and assume they're too mean spirited at that moment or perhaps conceited to speak to you. Bad form. Really bad.

It's a funny thing about the part I put in bold. I used to think that people were so wrapped up into their cellphones and stuff, that I'd have a hard time getting a good hello in. But now that I look back on it all, I almost always have my MUSIC playing when I'm out walking. It doesn't stop me from speaking or hearing/seeing someone speak to me, but I did take a step back to consider that MAYBE people are thinking the same thing about me when they see earphones in my ear. MAYBE they think I'm actually talking to someone or too wrapped up in whatever that device is feeding me to acknowledge them too.

Errr....for me. Some people ignore me..just becuase of my race...

Then again I ignore certain people too.Negative , thugs or whoever the fresia I wish not to associate with...
But thing of it is...I walk with my head high. Cuase I dont really give a rats one way or the other what people about me....Like it say on my signature..
I move through the world without appologies..ATTITUDE...Confident or whatever you wanna term it..
Some people gets intminated by that..other poeple..or women loves that.
If people dont like me..They can kiss my fucken ass...

Just like this morning...some chick was stairing @ me..I dont know what the was going through her head. I stand out like a fucken door knob anyway oneway or the other....
So I juist whinked at her. Hahahaaaa

Theres pros and cons of being me...where I live. But fresia it...theres such a thing of turning a negative into a positive...Its how I respond and process it.

Sometimes women comes up to me and intruduce themselves to me....
Sometimes theyre just being friendly...
but Im a fucken flirt...they know it.
The women knows I find them attractive...cuase they are.LOL
Thats the vibe I give out....
They like it...I can tell by certain body
language. Some women are more aggresive or more open than others.
They start doing body contacts with me..touch me when theyre talking to me ..etc..etc

Anyway...dont over think it or over feel it...Its not a big deal to me..
Getting attntion or not...its not big deal to me either.
When I get it...I roll with it...
When I dont...it rolls off of me.

Thats how I go about it.

The problem is that I become really upset for not being acknowledged. Yet they come around telling me I come off as rude, stuck up and distant. It's not that I'm like that, I'm just shy and socially anxious. Probably they think being a clown suits my outer appearance more? In university I was ignored for everybody thought I was stuck up.

You seen my Pics?...
Im over 40 and asian.
Young beautiful white chicks in there 20s or 30s flirts with me.
Most of the women I dated or had relationships with are hot blondes.
All the Long term relationships Ive had are with women that asked me out or came after me.

Lonesome Crow said:
You seen my Pics?...
Im over 40 and asian.
Young beautiful white chicks in there 20s or 30s flirts with me.
Most of the women I dated or had relationships with are hot blondes.
All the Long term relationships Ive had are with women that asked me out or came after me.

You see, you're far better. Even if you might feel lonely inside it doesn't matter, 'cos at leas you're not alone. And I'm alone. I'd choose being lonely while NOT being alone any day to being BOTH alone and lonely. I cannot be alone and not lonely, I always feel lonely when alone, I want somebody to talk to.

Looks dose play a factor of why certain women will be attracted to me or reject me...

Its my over all atttitude or the attitude I have for myself that plays a bigger factor.

Its my dominate focus or thoughts.I hope that makes sense.

My attitude determinds how I percieve life and how I respond to life.

I get ya...I was in a very bad state 3 yrs ago..after a hard break up and The woman I was in love with or going out with died...
It sent me into a tail spin. Lots of emotions, grieving..etc..etc.
Plus I was in love with a dead woman.
I thought she was hunting me..stuff like that. Id see her face everywhere I go..
Plus I was in tears all the time..

So Id wear a hoodie and shades when I leave my house...Slowly I stopped leaving my house and isolated myself from people and life in general.
I just wished to be left alone..but it also drove me battie becuase of the isolation. I wasnt always like that...

I had to take baby steps of jsut leaving my house or go outside for 5 mins.
Being physically around people made me feel physically ILL...I would vommit or have anxiety attacks.

Yeah...so Nalee started calling me..
She was the first human vioce I heard for months. A little bit at a time I was able to talk to her...stuff like that.

Baby steps...

Then I force myself to go Jogging or ride my bike everyday...to leave my house for at least an hour...It took me 2 weeks to be able to take walks in a local park.. The park was only a block from my house.LMAO

I dint have direct contacts with people or talked to them for weeks...I kept a distance....20 feet was the closest I would allow humans to be near me...LOL

Listen to what others are saying to each other. If you hear a few people discussing boxing for example, say something like: .."I couldn't help but overhear what you were talking about boxing.."

If they are decent people, they will allow you into the conversation. If they are stuck up and won't allow you to enter the discussion, fresia them and focus on the ones who do accept. Do things that others will respect and you will receive respect. I'm not saying to change yourself to accommodate others, just do things that gain respect from others. Maybe sports or something.

So as Im writing this ...
BWT I just recently move to a new city.
I dont really know anyone. LOL

anyway...a blonde was walking my way :p
A complete stranger....
I looked and her...smile and she hellow to her..
She smiled back and say hI..
Then I said...How are You?
she replied...Good...and you?
I said...good..good..Have a nice day.
she replied...You too.

Just cacual stuff...not a being deal.
But I still have to practice it to keep up my social skills or being able to enteract with people.. Stay pro active.

gnome3 said:
Sounds like quite a bit of stuff for it to be just in your head, but who knows? Personally, I try to give someone a courtesy hello (or bye), but if they ignore me, I don't forget that. I won't give them a courtesy anything the next time around. What usually happens is that it goes on without courtesies for a long time. Sometimes they come around, and start acknowledging me, and sometimes they never do. If they begin acknowledging me, I give them the same courtesy, but after I give them the benefit of the doubt once or twice, there won't be a third time until they start deserving it.
It's kind of sad that I have to be that way, but that's how it is in society. Some people naturally think that they're on a different level than others, but in all fairness, they don't get buried any deeper than anyone else in the end.

If somebody says 'hello' to me I always reply. It's polite.

Some people are friendly and some are not. On the golf course, alot of the other golfers say 'hello' to me. Even people I don't know or have never seen before. It's all about eye contact. Some people when they walk past me, don't look at me, they look at the ground. I don't usually say 'hello' to these people. It's a split second decision really. Based on how friendly the person looks. Of course if I say 'hello' to somebody and they don't reply, I shrug it off and think 'sod them'

If they don't reply, they have no sense of respect whatsoever. And these people are highly likely to be unhappy with their lives and will never fix their life until they fix their attitude.

Now, if your talking to them respectfully and politely, then YOU have the ability to make your life happy and fulfilling.

fresia them, long live you.

This woman at work. I say 'morning' to her and she never replies. She walks 5 paces, see's someone else and says 'morning' to them. Happens all the time.

This other woman, she acts very odd. I've worked with her for 14 years now. She hardly ever says 'morning' to me or 'hello' - everybody else she does, not me. She will do everything not to look like she wants me to say 'hello' - not looking at me or acknowledging I'm even there. Of course when I say 'hello' - she turns her head away from me with a smile on her face. And after that she is as chatty as hell. Then the next morning she acts the same. Sometimes I don't talk to her and we have these silences that sometimes go on for months. This crap has been going on for 14 years ! lol !

K...so after lunch. I m just hanging.
Then I see Michelle just
kicking back. I met her a couple of weeks agp. We would chit chat...etc..etc.
Michelle is pretty of course...

But Michelle is married. So Im not expecting pussy from her...not unless
she gets a divorce.LOL

Anywho, I just sat down and started talking to her for the past hour just as friends...Talking about life or whatever in general.

So not every women I meet is gonna want to let me Bang her..
Its more about being socialable and making friends getting out and meeting people. Im capiable of having a pultonic relationships too. It also helps me to be more mellow or relax talking to chicks..
Exposure...

Of course Michelle knows I think she pretty...but I also had plenty of pretty girls only as friends too.

Its not always trying to score pussy just becuase I enteract with pretty chicks.
Shes freindly..Im friendly just all.

Yes, I know exactly where you are coming from with your post. I'm naturally a shy person and maybe people picked up on those vibes? People pick up on certain vibes and maybe they are attracted to those vibes and maybe they are not attracted to those vibes. Who knows? People are funny. One minute they talk to you and the next minute you get ignored. I used to go through this when I would see one person one day with them being friendly and nice to me and the next day, I get totally ignored. I had to stop concerning myself with what people thought of me or if I did something wrong and just focus on being the best me that I could possibly be in this life.

I aint gonna do that...lets be firends first then hopefullly I can bang her or
manipulate her to cheat or whatever the fresia. Dont need to go there.
Her intentions and my ntentions are clear....even though she plays with her hair...pull it up and let it down.lmao
Shes just being a girl.. Thats what girls do sometimes...so dont over think it
or read more into it.

kesha said:
The problem is that I become really upset for not being acknowledged. Yet they come around telling me I come off as rude, stuck up and distant. It's not that I'm like that, I'm just shy and socially anxious. Probably they think being a clown suits my outer appearance more? In university I was ignored for everybody thought I was stuck up.

Become upset for not being acknowledged? I'm sorry, but there's no possible way everyone you pass on the street can possibly tip their hat to you. Most people just don't talk to strangers or people they don't know. If I saw you walking, and didn't know you, I'd look past you too. It's natural for people to do. We're not supposed to know everyone we lay eyes on.

Relax a little, and maybe someone will smile at you.

Oh, so why am I expected to look at hot girls while passing them by down the street? It's not like they're hotter than the girls on TV or in the magazines, you know. Besides, why should I waste my eyes looking at them when we'll never meet? Why am I as a straight male expected to look at them as a piece of meat anyway? If they don't look at me, why should I look at them? From now on, I will ignore them, the way they do.

Latest posts

Back