Have You Forgiven Yourself For The Wrong That You've Done In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Que pasa?

Just like all of us, I have done some things in life that I regret. Those who I have crossed and hurt forgive me, but for the life of me I just can't forgive myself. Do you feel this way?

Yes I can relate. I believe that the second most difficult test in life is self-control, and the most difficult is forgiving yourself when you've failed to exercise the former.

[youtube]L2-3ooX_XkQ[/youtube]

I really like the chorus in this:
All will be well, even after all the promises you've broken to yourself.
All will be well, you can ask me how but only time will tell.

Why do we loooove to beat our selves up? I wonder
Life is simple as simple as you make it
you've hurt someone? clean it up, apologize and move on
forgiveness is the best thing one can do for self and others but mostly for the self

v peace out boy/girl scout!! :)

I actively try and do the right thing. There were some times back in the day when I acted like a git, but I think it goes with the territory of being young and rebellious and whatnot.

I did. it's pointless to keep blaming yourself. At the end those are life lessons.
on the other hand, I prefer to blame myself for things that I did, than for things that I didn't

We all make mistakes in life, no one is perfect. There are things I've done that I may never forgive but you can't change the past, you can't take it back. There are no mulligans or do-overs in life. So you just accept the mistakes you've made, accept the consequences, deal with it, learn from it, and move on.

There's one I've done I will never forgive myself for. I can hardly comprehend I even did it. Though the feelings have dimmed I realised when I tried to move on how much it will effect me in the future. I'll never believe I deserve happiness in that way. I almost feel inhuman after doing it. It will never be ok.

annik said:
There's one I've done I will never forgive myself for. I can hardly comprehend I even did it. Though the feelings have dimmed I realised when I tried to move on how much it will effect me in the future. I'll never believe I deserve happiness in that way. I almost feel inhuman after doing it. It will never be ok.

Hmm. Do you honestly think you don't deserve happiness? Aren't there ways you could possibly amend for what you did? We all make mistakes in life but you must be judging yourself very harshly if you think you don't have the right to be happy any more. I don't know what you have done of course but still.. :(

Once I do, which I think I will, cause I'm human; I hope I would be able to forgive myself.

i don't regret most of the bad things that i've done in my life. i'm just cold-blooded like that. there are a few things that i wish i could go back and change though, namely the way i used to treat my brother before i started liking him and we became best friends.

annik said:
this is how i feel
only 1 thing in life i evr regretd doing
n thats the 1 thing i can nvr change back
ill never 4give myself 4 this
its just un4givble
sum things u can do wrong?
just cant b undone

Ya, forgave myself for my worst mistakes long ago. At least for the most part. I just try to not repeat mistakes if I can help it.

RyanEhf said:
Yes I can relate. I believe that the second most difficult test in life is self-control

I tend to struggle to understand some people because of this. For me self control has almost always come too easy. Where others simply react, I tend to choose. For some it seems as if thought comes after they act. For myself I only usually act after some thought. I suppose it scares some people as I tend to be a bit too calculating at times. I sometimes wish I had more of a wild streak.

I find it ironic that some here probably assume I am the opposite of how I am...

I have. Some people think you are what you did in the past, but some of the things I did in the past, made me realize that I am not that person and I refuse to be. It's not what you did but how you over come things that makes you who you are.

Latest posts

Back