Do woman mind dating shorter men?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theshortguy

Reaction score
I am a 21 yo 5'5 guy, from norway… I have come to learn it the hard way that height IS INDEED the most important thing women look for in a man..even a fat guy can get chicks, but short men just cant..even small chested girls can get guys, fat girls can get guys, but short men have the hardest time ever getting chicks.. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is to get women for me, I HAVE BEEN SINGLE SINCE ALMOST 2 YEARS I mean the average height for young women these days are LITERALLY 5'7 and over in my country, don't believe the sites that tell you average is 5'6 or 5'5.maybe its for the older women but younger ones are 5'8 on average and in heels they are touching 6 feet.... and even 5'10 is considered short for a guy..I work part time in a laboratory and one of my collegaues is 23 and 6'2..It's close to impossible to get a date, I am not gonna marry a woman shorter than 5'8 cause I don't want my son to go through the hell I am going through..if I dont get 5'7 girl, I won't marry at all..

I'm trying out the "vertical advantage system" since last month and getting great results with it.so far . Just google for it, I don't know if I can paste links here and I am too lazy to do it anyway :p ...they suggest some crazy streching exercies and homemade "growth hormone cocktails" that i have been drinking regularly.. So far I can definitely see some growth, like 0.75-1 inch or so, I was 5'4 to start with..I hope I can grow upto 5'7 with it..fingers crossed.. then I would be as tall as the woman here or at least the height difference with nearly every girl wouldn't be so ridiculous..
Anyone knows any other ways I could somehow squeeze in a couple of inches into my body? I'm sick of being eye level with almost every woman's breasts.

Btw, I am currently on vacation in US and girls are definitely shorter by 2-2.5 inches here than in my home country. But I'm still not getting any interest from women here, either.. my best bet would be thailand or phillipines I guess

So any other short guys over here? What have your experience been like with girls???

My fiancee is taller than me. She has double D.
Shes 5'7". Yes she looks tall in heels.
Were both grew up in CA.
Shes cucasian and im Thai.

I nevered had problems attracting women.
Its acttually in reverse for me.
Ive only been involved with cucasiion
women and most asked me out.
Its not the norm...

As I'm sure you may already know, physical appearance (such as height) is not really important to women, or at least not as important as it is for men. Just be confident (if you're not then fake it until you are). Also, many American women like foreign accents so you will probably have that going for you potentially.

theshortguy said:
even small chested girls can get guys

I was gonna reply until I saw this. I've had it with comments like this. This attitude is probably more of an off putting thing than your **** height.

annik said:
I was gonna reply until I saw this. I've had it with comments like this. This attitude is probably more of an off putting thing than your **** height.

There's a lot of (what I think is) unintentional misogyny on the internet. For many men, sometimes including myself, it is just hard to see things from the other side. A lot of men think that any woman can get laid any time they want. This is true... for everyone, if your standards are low enough.

Antihero said:
annik said:

There's a lot of (what I think is) unintentional misogyny on the internet. For many men, sometimes including myself, it is just hard to see things from the other side. A lot of men think that any woman can get laid any time they want. This is true... for everyone, if your standards are low enough.

I can let these comments slide sometimes but it seems an attitude that's all to common. I hate the implication that somehow women with smaller chests are lesser women and we get boyfriends despite this drawback.

annik said:
I hate the implication that somehow women with smaller chests are lesser women and we get boyfriends despite this drawback.

The implication is simply not true from my experiences. I can confidently say that most straight men just like breasts regardless of size.

In my experience. The implications that i don't
fit the norm at all level of what a man should be
That i get the bottom of the barrel. Or
The women ive dated or gotten involved in
Had poor self esteem...etc.etc.
It simply had been had been fualts

Im a minority. Ive been broke, homeless
And wasnt well..

The majority of the women ive dsted are inteligent,
Well educated, professionals..
All very beautiful and sexy.
These women are more independent,
Financially secured and more secure
Of themselves. They choose and date
Wnom ever they want to.

annik said:
theshortguy said:

This. ^
Besides, many men prefer small chests. More than a mouth full and all that...:cool:

It's a bit funny that you're complaining about how people don't find you attractive because of your height while at the same time you are criticizing other people's appearances and suggesting that someone's weight or chest size makes them inferior as a person or potential partner.
It sounds like this attitude is a large part of your problem indeed. That kind of attitude is extremely unattractive, more than your height ever will be. I've known plenty of women who prefer short guys, but such women come in all shapes and sizes.

So what is there to be done? Adjust your attitude, accept yourself as a short man and realize not every woman will be shallow enough to reject you just because of your height. Just like how these other people are not shallow enough to reject someone for their weight, chest size, or whatever else.

Barbaloot said:
annik said:
theshortguy said:

This. ^
Besides, many men prefer small chests. More than a mouth full and all that...:cool:

It's a bit funny that you're complaining about how people don't find you attractive because of your height while at the same time you are criticizing other people's appearances and suggesting that someone's weight or chest size makes them inferior as a person or potential partner.
It sounds like this attitude is a large part of your problem indeed. That kind of attitude is extremely unattractive, more than your height ever will be. I've known plenty of women who prefer short guys, but such women come in all shapes and sizes.

So what is there to be done? Adjust your attitude, accept yourself as a short man and realize not every woman will be shallow enough to reject you just because of your height. Just like how these other people are not shallow enough to reject someone for their weight, chest size, or whatever else.

Said much better than I ever could. Totally agree.

theshortguy said:
..even small chested girls can get guys..

Even?????

Your darn right because a lot of us don't see that as any kind of drawback.

Listen, you can't change your height. So just accept it and just say "fresia this honeysuckle". Girls adore it when a guy doesn't give a honeysuckle about anything.

Easier said than done, of course, but height is something you unfortunately can't change.

I think it all depends on how you carry yourself. Many women might not say they like short men but if you have a huge personality(not a pun or innuendo) then you can win them over.

The small chest comment isn't that bad if you take it as smaller chested women doesn't fit societies norms as "ideal" just like short men. Just like I say even a homeless family member of mine could get a girlfriend/fiance and I can't get one.

Do men mind dating tall women? It doesn't matter. The simple fact that you think it matters makes it matter on your behalf. My dude isn't tall. He's a few inches taller than me. Some women prefer shorter guys actually.

VanillaCreme said:
Do men mind dating tall women? The simple fact that you think it matters makes it matter on your behalf.

I once stated before my professor(female) asked the question about would the girls in the class date a guy shorter than them. Pretty much all of them said no. When the professor asked the men your question the all said yes. I think height matters to certain women and it could just be his luck that he is attracted to the women that are. The best you can do is hope your other attributes shine through.

Worry about something doesn't make it not true like any guy can get any girl and vice verse. People have different tastes and opinions. Like i stated ealier if you don't fall into the persons ideal state of attractiveness than you have to hope your other attributes can win them over.

Being taller means nothing. Women liking taller men is a myth. I am 21 and I am completely invisible to women. Always have been. It means nothing, never will either. I would trade being tall for wealth if I could. I would trade being tall for a better life. Or another shot at life, to start from scratch.

firebird85 said:
Being taller means nothing. Women liking taller men is a myth. I am 21 and I am completely invisible to women. Always have been. It means nothing, never will either. I would trade being tall for wealth if I could. I would trade being tall for a better life. Or another shot at life, to start from scratch.

Well, I think this proves this whole thread. Firebird is apparently a taller dude, yet if you were to read all his previous opinions and thoughts he's expressed on this forum, you'd see that it's not height, but attitude that either holds you back or pushes you forward in life.

Latest posts

Back