Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.29 Average
Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?
11-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?
Well... I didn't want to be into the whole feeling sorry for myself thing again, but maybe I need to express this.

I am 20 yrs old and I have never had a girlfriend. Most women on this planet seem to dislike me Sad. I have experienced cruelty from women since grade school and it still happens occasionally... mostly in comes in rude remarks or basic body language.

I'm a shy person, which doesn't help and I have no luck. All my friends, two of which i believe are as shy as I, have had unbelievable luck.. women seemed to come to them. Besides there just doesn't seem to be anybody who is for me out there.
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2007, 10:12 AM
RE: Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?
It's ok. I know a guy that's 23 and has never had a girlfriend.
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
You don't have to worry about your age. You have all the time in the world to find a girlfriend. 20 is nothing. And how many people under 20 do you think can say that they've been in a SERIOUS relationship?

"Whatever you're looking for
You better stop looking behind
Whatever you want to change
You better start changing your mind
'Cause anything can be done
Stand up 'cause this is your time"
Find all posts by this user
11-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I've known people who didn't have their first girlfriend until their late 20's. Ask yourself this-would you rather have a girlfriend later on who will treat you right and who you might really work out, or would you rather rush and end up with someone who isn't for you? Sometimes good things DO come to those who wait.
11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Lost_N_Alone Wrote:I've known people who didn't have their first girlfriend until their late 20's. Ask yourself this-would you rather have a girlfriend later on who will treat you right and who you might really work out, or would you rather rush and end up with someone who isn't for you? Sometimes good things DO come to those who wait.

so true! Smile
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Jeremi Wrote:You don't have to worry about your age. You have all the time in the world to find a girlfriend. 20 is nothing. And how many people under 20 do you think can say that they've been in a SERIOUS relationship?

Lonely-

A lot of people here are trying to rationalize and say that it's an ok thing, but I agree with you that it SUCKS not ever having a gf and being 20 years old, I'm not going to deny that. The truth is that most people have had relationships before they were 20, and guys like us are the minority. There's no use putting bullshit in our head over that, we just have to accept it as a fact. Instead of waiting, I suggest becoming friends with females first, because whenever I have gone on dates, it was usually through a friend. I'm way to shy to approach a girl cold, especially if she's hot. Next, try to find a girl who is not so attractive and get her to like you. Yes this might be mean, but who knows you might end up liking her. You need to have the confidence booster that hey someone actually does like me. When you know someone likes you it does wonders for your ego. Try to get out more, and just don't be desperate. Find an interest, whether it be music, book clubs, hiking, whatever that forces you to hang out with people your age. You want to meet someone who is down to earth, not a high maintenance chick who is all about herself. Try to think about everything OTHER than having a gf. Just think about being more social. It's tough, but I know you can do it buddy. When you think that there's a connection though, make sure that you capitalize on it. Girls don't like wussy guys. Even if you don't have experience, you must act like you do and prove to them why they should choose you over the next guy. Make sure you wear the pants and don't let any girl step over you.
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
OZ Wrote:Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?
i wish i could say these words again. & they b true

lonelyloser Wrote:The truth is that most people have had relationships before they were 20
not from what ive seen during my life. guess this is where relative truth comes up
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
To be honest, your only one year older than me, and I never had a girlfriend either.

I can't even talk to a single girl...Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Lost_N_Alone Wrote:Sometimes good things DO come to those who wait.
I would very much like to believe this. Smile
Hoping it would be true too.
12-03-2007, 02:38 AM
chris 2, ur just weird LOL.

im 18, no gf, but talking to someone, but...if we do go out...i wonder wat she will think that i dont have friends??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yeah, another "Never had a girlfriend" post Shiloh253 129 7,051 10-06-2014 05:54 AM
Last Post: Darrell_Licht
  Online Relationships versus Real Life Relationships RockerChick 29 1,199 06-19-2014 06:31 AM
Last Post: daddymack
  Do you have a fear of being single for the rest of your life? Wanderer145 58 2,624 06-08-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Wanderer145
  I thought I was done with the "Lonely Life" but I was wrong... VeganAtheist 24 1,037 05-13-2014 10:41 AM
Last Post: VeganAtheist
  How to pick your life partner Nightwing 6 480 04-27-2014 02:50 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  Need serious girlfriend help. River Lion 48 1,781 04-22-2014 02:04 PM
Last Post: Batman55
  How do I get a girlfriend at University? River Lion 1 881 02-18-2014 09:10 AM
Last Post: lostatsea
  Wanting girlfriend can ruin your days Hawx79 65 4,531 12-01-2013 07:51 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed
  Desperate for a girlfriend abbeyroad92 29 7,286 11-06-2013 06:42 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  "Second Life" RP Senamian 21 1,431 10-21-2013 08:20 AM