Does anyone go on msn messenger anymore?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dannyr22

It seems nowadays everybody is on fb or on tweater,

But me I like a good chat on msn, I was on fb & 250 people were literally unsociable (yes unbelieveably, they were) even the aquaintences/family etc on fb chat, even my clever & witty posts got ignored.

That actually made me very upset & feel like I had done something wrong, people would rather sit there & like pointless pages or post about being in the shower, then talking to somebody they have known for 10 years. So they were some of the main reasons that I permenantly deleted my account & will never go back.

Does anybody go on msn who's online at any time but mainly evening or night time? I'm lonely & the only people I know keep themselves to theirselves or have a large family to look after. I have trouble meeting nice people out & about, to be honest after the people I have met in the past I have trouble trusting some people.

If not msn then does anybody know UK chat rooms where I can find people who have a lonely life & have mental health problems like me?

I use msn. I get online but most of the time nobody is online :p. PM me if u want to add me and we can chat there.

I use msn still, but it seems like for quick IMs that skype is taking over even for that. Wont be long before microsoft integrates that into msn.

I use msn messenger but nobody is hardly online. Mostly have family and friends on my messenger.

I still use msn, but i only chat with my cousin, who's in the states. FB chat is delayed and i don't have a tweater account

I've found that very few people seem to use messengers like MSN and Yahoo these days. Most are on Facebook, as you say, often posting messages about having toast for breakfast or being desperate for a wee. Whatever floats their boat, but it certainly doesn't mine.

I do have an MSN account, but with no 'friends' on it, so consequently it never gets opened.

I'm not aware of any specific loneliness/depression type chat rooms, although if I'm honest I would have to speculate that you would find a higher proportion of depression sufferers and the like in ordinary chat rooms regardless, because it's a means of interacting with the real world without interacting with the real world. And sometimes that's a very popular thing for people with depression, anxiety, social phobia and so on.

I use it sometimes, but it's pretty much dead. Many of my contacts haven't been logged in, in a very long while. Possibly years.

lol tweater.

I still use YIM, usually only talk to my brother. Seems no one else on my list is ever or rarely on.

I would use it if it were compatible with Mac, but I did use MSN Messenger back in the days. I have a lot of great memories with all the friends that I had on there... *sigh* haha

I've noticed this about Macs too. I had Windows Live Messenger running just fine on a Mac but then uninstalled it. A little later someone wanted to talk to me over it, and when I tried to reinstall it, it said that this version was no longer compatible. Which seems like a retrograde step to me, to suddenly make something incompatible!

In the end I had to scour the internet to find an older version of it, which does work, at least on my Mac. You don't get all the functionality, but you can still chat with it (if you have anyone to chat with, which I don't lol).

This may be worth a try: http://msn-messenger.en.softonic.com/mac

Or try Trillian, which can access MSN accounts: http://www.trillian.im/mac/

As for memorableness, nothing quite compares to ICQ for me :)

Maybe you can use windows live messenger directly online. both msn.com and another website called meebo supports online messengers. works on my xp, don't know the same about macs

There is a proper microsoft msn for macs but wether it's been updated since version 8 I don't know. I can't afford a mac sadly.

Anyboy who does not have anybody on their msn but wants to chat, pm me I'm always online :cool:

haha I remember MSN messenger! I barely hear about it anymore though.
I used to sign on it all the time. I had a whole list of people that I didn't even know, but I chatted with some of them anyway. :p
I think most of the instant messengers are dying off now thanks to facebook. :rolleyes2: -_-

I don't even have a facebook anymore. I got rid of my account, but even when I had it, I barely signed on. Facebook is for popular people. People with social lives and friends and ones that aren't being ignored by everyone else.

I just recently stopped using my msn messenger since I was sick of logging on to no friends and stuff. I also migrated to skype. If anyone wants they can add me on msn or skype. Just message me and I'll tell ya :)

i still have one, i just rarely get on it.

i can though if anyone wants to talk on here.

just pm me if you're interested, i dont bite :p

Latest posts

Back