How would you feel if your brother started dating your best friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorat116

Reaction score
Okay so about a year ago my best friend started dating my brother which my mom encouraged and I agreed upon. I never knew how it would be though.. Ever since they started dating she completely stopped inviting me over to her house, she always purposely sits on his lap and kisses him in front of me and he grabs her in gross places and she KNOWS I don't like that.. she literally does it like every two seconds in front of me. She watched me cry over a pageant I was in one night and didn't even come over and hug me or anything just watched and my brother was the one helping me instead. Then later I was crying my eyes out over a guy and my brother was the one to come in the bathroom and see if I was alright.. she didn't come in and made a point to laugh as loud as she could in the next room while I was sobbing. So stupidly enough, I moved in with them into an apartment right after highschool because the rent was cheap.. so she didnt pay rent and yet my brother would complain about me eating too much food (which i stopped eating any of it once he told me) and using her ipod charger when she wasnt around which she told me i could do... even though SHE wasnt paying rent and I was! So anyways me and my bro got into a big argument and I said some things about her and apparently he told her and she said she wanted me to be kicked out of the apartment. So later I apologized to her for everything and didnt even bring up to her that she had ignored me for the past year and tried to make me jealous constantly. in response to my apology She says "yeah I realize you were just jealous." ... She's always trying to slyly cut me down with remarks in private and when I had a boyfriend for once and brought him to the apartment for one night and sat in the living room watching tv for like 15 minutes she called my brother and was mad that we were out there and said it was "awkward". I eventually cussed her out and told her how I feel about her, even though I probably shouldn't have, and ever since she still holds a grudge. I've tried making up with her, even started calling her on the phone trying to be friends again, I thought we were okay but then I tried to come in my brothers room and asked if I could sit down and watch a movie with them and he looked at her as if to ask if I could stay and he said no you have to go, in MY own house.. saying I have to go. The whole situation is completely out of control. My whole family basically thinks shes a mean person in hiding but my brother cant see it and constantly blames me.

Do you think I am wrong for hating this girl?

Whoa, that was...harsh. Are you sure this lady's still your best friend? Because, based on what I've read, your friend here had been trying to make you jealous, keeps talking smack about you in private, and is now trying to force you out. Is that correct or have I misread and/or misunderstood what you have posted? That doesn't sound like the stuff best friends usually do. Kindly fill in the blanks for me, please.

ShadowMan2898 said:
Whoa, that was...harsh. Are you sure this lady's still your best friend? Because, based on what I've read, your friend here had been trying to make you jealous, keeps talking smack about you in private, and is now trying to force you out. Is that correct or have I misread and/or misunderstood what you have posted? That doesn't sound like the stuff best friends usually do. Kindly fill in the blanks for me, please.

No. We hate each other now.

My brother is COMPLETELY brainwashed by her. We were best friends for nearly five years and once she got my brother she completely dropped me and started making fun of me to my brother and acting like she was so much better than me. Now she has no friends, and I have moved on and made many more friends and now she keeps complaining to my brother that "she is left out" even though throughout my entire senior year when I felt left out I was the bad guy. It's completely and utterly ridiculous and my brother is the only one blinded it to it. I feel like he is dating a really evil girl. My brother has always been blinded by girls that he dates he falls in love with any girl that he starts a new relationship with and can't see any faults in them.. his last girlfriend was 15 and posted lingerie pictures on facebook and he couldn't see how absolutely ridiculous she was so we all know that he is like this and has a history with being blind to peoples true intentions.

*BOOM* Now THAT'S a sad case! You say you've been friends with this lady for five years, but ever since she got a hold of your brother, she's acting all Adolf and stuff, completely subduing your brother and blinding him to follow her whims. I can't believe this! How can a person who's been friends with another suddenly have change of attitude once the love boat starts sailing? I thought this only happens in cheesy drama Telenovelas, but I guess I was wrong!

I must take care to avoid the same fate as your brother, I do not want to be led around like sheep to the slaughter. In a way, you warned me, thank you, friend! :D

P.S.
Please correct me if I misunderstood your post!

Nope. That's basically EXACTLY what is going on here. Don't ever change for the person you are dating.. that's the lesson here. And never let your friends date your siblings, regardless of how good of friends you think you are. It has been a complete mess and it's so out of hand that they are going to baby stores together and constantly talking about marriage and one of their hobbies and their main thing in common is making fun of me and saying that I am a "train wreck" for drinking some with college friends (oops, sorry didn't know the new hobby was to go baby shopping at 19 years old).

It's so messed up. My entire family hates this girl.

That hypothetical "marriage" has as much a success chance as a man charging a bunch of heavily armed and armored U.S. Marines with a pan and a spatula!

How long have these two been together?

Yeah, I completely agree. The whole relationship is based on the fact that they both feel like they can't find anyone else.

They've been together for a year and a half now. It's absolutely terrible.

Yeah. I really don't have any problems with most people but the whole thing has been completely just a bad situation.

I feel like I basically just got used and thrown out once my "best friend" got what she wanted, her first ever boyfriend. And I'm the only reason that they are together and yet she just threw me out like old trash and started honeysuckle talking me to my own brother.

Sorat, if I was your brother, I would have dumped the harpy the very second she starts bad mouthing you. My sister gets slack from NO ONE as long as I'm still breathing. That's the way it is here where I come from. Someone insults your sister, prepare for a personal vendetta.

Well he's not like that.. my other brothers are and say the same thing (I have 4 older brothers) but lets put it this way.. if i was drowning right next to his girlfriend.. he would jump in after her. I would bet my LIFE on that.

Right, too late for that though I guess ha ha.

But anyways, don't let any girl brainwash you. It's not worth tearing your whole family apart, believe me. I have seen this first hand happening over the past year just from this one little evil girl.

Right, let's get this thread back on track.

If my sister was dating my best friend, I would keep a close, close, CLOSE eye on those two. I'll also make sure that both parties know what happens if any of them push me too far (read: Rage, God of War-style)

Overall, I'm happy for them. Just...a little bit paranoid in case both try to do something untoward. :)

Yeah. I mean I was happy at first for them considering I was the one that made things happen basically, but once she started acting like a completely different person I guess it was hard for me not to have hard feelings.

But anyway.. has anyone else had a similar experience to this? And does anyone think I am wrong for being upset about it?

Personally that does not sound like a good friend to me.

Respect for you would be nice.

That's the problem with most couples nowadays the lack of respect for others, especially single people. Anyone wanna call me wrong here, there come for a walk with me round where I live, I'll show you'all how selfish these couples are sometimes...

Bit of suppressed annoyances let out there lol but OP I feel your pain from past experiances with mates

No I understand. It's like ever since they started dating each other they think that they have everything figured out. They are definitely on a high horse ha.

Latest posts

Back