it's time to give up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
With women. It's just too much stress and disapointment. When I was 18 I used to get upset when girls didn't want to dance with me. Now I have had everything happen to me you can imagine. All honeysuckle !

Best to forget about them. I'm happy enough with everything else.

good luck with the new life mission.
a friend of mine went that route many years ago and is still in that mode.

blackdot said:
good luck with the new life mission.
a friend of mine went that route many years ago and is still in that mode.

i went about 12 years without asking a woman out. It's only the last year and a half I have made an effort. All of it has been garbage, just utter honeysuckle.

I don't give a honeysuckle what anybody says - women don't like me. No point in bothering and putting myself thru all this crap !

Yeah you an actually be fine without relationships. It's just social stuff that makes many people want relationships more then they normally do.

Gutted said:
Yeah you an actually be fine without relationships. It's just social stuff that makes many people want relationships more then they normally do.

I don't know why Ive always wanted a girlfriend so badly ?

Maybe to prove some point to myself ? That a woman actually wants me. To prove that I'm normal just like everybody else maybe.

Maybe the companionship so I can go places ?

Or the sex ?

It just seems impossible though, like winning the lottery or something.

The reason I want a girlfriend so badly is so I can get to do things like take vacations, have someone to talk to, go out and do things, and have a kid.

Unfortunately, contrary to what married women tell me, I just am not dateable.

blackdot said:
The reason I want a girlfriend so badly is so I can get to do things like take vacations, have someone to talk to, go out and do things, and have a kid.
But you don't need a girlfriend to be able to do all of these things. (Ok the kid part is excluded).
Actually, I think your chances of meeting someone right would be a lot higher if you actually went on vacation instead of hiding yourself home.

No i think it's entirely normal to want to be loved, be cared for and to want to be around people.

sth said:
blackdot said:
But you don't need a girlfriend to be able to do all of these things. (Ok the kid part is excluded).
Actually, I think your chances of meeting someone right would be a lot higher if you actually went on vacation instead of hiding yourself home.

But I do need that to do those things as I find going out by myself to be worse than having my limbs amputated without being numbed up first.

I don't know the actual thoughts behind this, but I definitely agree that you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy or complete. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

blackdot said:

Unfortunately, contrary to what married women tell me, I just am not dateable.

yes I am like this.

I was planning all sort of trips with this scam russian woman. Going to the coast, places I havent been to for 20 years. There doesn't seem any point going by yourself.

SophiaGrace said:
No i think it's entirely normal to want to be loved, be cared for and to want to be around people.

I agree fully with this. There are people who are genuinely happy alone and who relish their freedom to come and go, but you don't come across as one of them, at least not to me, though I might be wrong. It sounds as if is your bad experiences which are talking, rather than you.

I feel the same way it would be nice to be with someone and have a family. I love kids and that is not a single activity.

I do thing like go to the movies, go for walks alone, talk to people both men and women and contrary to what people tell me I am not datable either. I even quit my job and I am still wandering the world. I go to hostel to hostel meet and talk to people sometimes go with others to go do something. I have been to UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Transnistria met a few nice people along the way but no luck in the personal relationships department. I have never been in a relationship other than just friendship. I have met people from time to time from dating websites and such but it never evolves to dating. I will wander the earth and see a few more countries before just giving up. I met a non-single friend that is going to live and work in Thailand and asked if I wanted to go which I will. I asked a gal that I met before and like but is now single if she ever was in Thailand before she said no. Asked her if she ever wanted to go and she said yes then I said lets go and then she had a few excuses. Though when I mentioned that our mutual friend was also going she was willing to go :/. I will be nice to see her again but I do not have much hope for a relationship.

I feel the same way it would be nice to be with someone and have a family. I love kids and that is not a single activity.

I do thing like go to the movies, go for walks alone, talk to people both men and women and contrary to what people tell me I am not datable either. I even quit my job and I am still wandering the world. I go to hostel to hostel meet and talk to people sometimes go with others to go do something. I have been to UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Transnistria met a few nice people along the way but no luck in the personal relationships department. I have never been in a relationship other than just friendship. I have met people from time to time from dating websites and such but it never evolves to dating. I will wander the earth and see a few more countries before just giving up. I met a non-single friend that is going to live and work in Thailand and asked if I wanted to go which I will. I asked a gal that I met before and like but is now single if she ever was in Thailand before she said no. Asked her if she ever wanted to go and she said yes then I said lets go and then she had a few excuses. Though when I mentioned that our mutual friend was also going she was willing to go :/. I will be nice to see her again but I do not have much hope for a relationship.

I'm so sorry about that Russian scam woman, putter65.

If I could, I would box the ears off the scummy person who schemed all that up.

Astral_Punisher said:
I'm so sorry about that Russian scam woman, putter65.

If I could, I would box the ears off the scummy person who schemed all that up.

well i never wish ill on anybody but like you say, i hope they die horrible deaths.

the evil part was asking for ******* flowers. Imagine if I had been stood there waiting for her to fly in, with flowers in my hand and 3 and half grand in her pocket ?

The absolute *****. P.M. me if you want to talk. I feel for you.

Hey putter65, I'm sorry about what you had to go through. :(

Can't believe anyone would have the heart to do such a thing to someone like you. You seem like a really nice guy towards her. Hope things will look up for you, though I don't think she represents all the women in the world. So don't really give up on women just yet, you never know what may come.. and really, not all women are the same like her. At least I know I'm not like her. :\

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon, putter65.

Latest posts

Back