Social Media Involvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xerin

Reaction score
Do you use social media like Facebook, twitter or equivalent?

I used to facebook but only went on it weekly and eventually just stopped. not much of one to share about my life and never signed up for Twitter. Mostly its I don't have much to say, even writing on this forum I am at a loss for words.

Even online games where playing with others is key, I explore and wander alone, play very casually, and fall way behind any people I do start to hang around with. Never really engage chat with others. When I do I feel like the odd one out, what I say never really gets response other they some occasional witty comment.

I'm I just too private of a person? Do i give off an awkward vibe or comes off as extremely boring?

Though I think myself odd because rarely play music. At home, in the car, I like the silence but it does get lonely sometimes.

I use Facebook, but I'm not very involved in it. I mostly watch with a few comments or more pressing updates here and there. I don't view it necessarily as a place where you have to either be active or leave, just a resource that's there.

I don't know what I'd fill a Twitter with besides snark. Tumblr is surprisingly unintuitive and utterly unashamed about it, so I leave that place alone.

Many online games require an investment of time and even study to succeed, so I don't blame you for falling behind. It's not for everyone, though there are often casual guilds. Socially, they're a gamble.

I have an amazing Facebook life, full of puns, interesting info and enlightening quotes, my FB contacts are mostly amazing, smart people, and if you saw my FB you would think I have the best social life. Too bad that if I receive one phone call every 4 months, if I have a real problem there is no one I can turn to, and if Facebook didn't invite me to parties, I would never get to know about them.

I do facebook. Sometimes very active, sometimes remain silent or even turn it off for few months.

Xerin said:
Even online games where playing with others is key, I explore and wander alone, play very casually, and fall way behind any people I do start to hang around with. Never really engage chat with others. When I do I feel like the odd one out, what I say never really gets response other they some occasional witty comment.

You sound like me. lol... I used to belong to a league which was fun getting to know other players better and group with them most of the time. Sadly though like most things people stopped playing or moved on to another one. We merged with another League and they weren't anymore active than we were. Never felt very welcome though and just recently someone kicked me from it, no explanation as to why, just booted.

I use Facebook, mostly just to keep up with what my friends are up to. Most of them are scattered all around so if wasn't for FB we'd have never gotten back in touch.

Latest posts

Back