Just needing to vent

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinemisa2

Reaction score
Where to start?

I am very frusterated at work because people can't seem to keep their noses out of other people's business. I think of myself as a hard worker, I tend to help others sometimes too much, I don't talk that much ( since there's alot of work to do) but when there's a break I do small talk. I listen alot since most of the people at work can't seem to stop talking.

So let me give you some background info. I started working where I work almost 5 months ago, basically I am one of the few lowest paid in the group. Where I work it's based on seniority (number of years worked) it's dumb but they say it's fair. Whatever.

The problem (or at least I think this is the problem) The manager and higher ups want to train me for supervisor and eventually as manager and more since at my previous jobs I was a supervisor in a similar setting. I have no problems with this because I like both the physical aspect of work as well as the paperwork. So back to the problem, the manager and higher ups bascially created a position in which I could control and have excelled at (I increased sales which is always a good thing where management is concerned) I have shown to the management that every task or situation that they have thrown me into, I have surpassed their expectation (which was failure). Most of the people in the group who have seniority think that they should be given the chance that I have been given and that I should not have been given this chance. However, when I have asked the management regarding the people in my group with seniority that want the chance that I have been given, I am told that they were all given a chance and that they either failed or did not want to put in the hard work necessary to get the chance.

Any information or anything that I learn, I pass on to anyone who wants to learn. It's funny how, the people who have been there the longest complain loudly about everything yet don't want to get involved or come up with solutions. They don't want to learn yet complain that everyone new has access to information which they need yet, they have access to the very same information.

People complain about the # of hours that I get (which I don't control, duh! That's management!!) however, I get paid less than eveyone else.
I know what most of you are going to say, ignore them, it's the management's opinion that matters.

I agree with that 100% however it makes work not a great place to be. I am looking for another job ( one that pays higher and more hours) but until then...... off to work I go..... :(

Sorry for the long rant, just needed to vent/rant. Any thoughts or opinion is welcome.

Have a great day everyone!!

Latest posts

Back