I hate this feeling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soresoul

Reaction score
I get so bored at home alot of the time, that I feel I need to go out. When I do go out sometimes I just want to go back home. The people around I just can't talk too, no matter how open minded I try to be. I just feel I'm better alone.

Then when I have to occasionaly friend over, I only want to hang out for an hour and they wanna stay the whole night.

Maybe Im not ment to have anyone as a friend.

That could be; the short time you spend with your friend might be enough for you. Hobbies might help pass the boredom.

also could be a bit to do with training or conditioning. the more time you spend alone, the more that becomes what feels normal and comfortable for you. and when you find yourself outside of the comfort zone you feel anxiety telling you to get back to the normal place. even if you do feel bored and lonely when you get there.

I relate, but I don't hate.
I definitely feel that being lonely in a crowd is worse than being lonely alone.

Is it because you find others uninteresting or too shallow? Or do you become tired easily around people? Tiredness can be mistaken for boredom.

I don't have a lot in common with most people. I don't watch reality TV that nearly everyone seems to be into, I don't like most modern music, or the club or pub scene. I enjoy deep meaningful conversation about subjects like science, philosophy, spirituality. Most people don't enjoy having a conversation about those.

I'm an introvert and find it hard being around people for too long. After two hours max I'm aching to get back to the peace of home, no matter how much I crave company at times. Introverts need to be alone to re-charge because they are sensitive to energy. Maybe an hour is all you can manage.

I totally agree with all the posts above. There is nothing interesting in company that does not quite engage you and if conversations are not stimulating your mind to want to continue with them for a whole evening.

As an example: I have a friend and I love her to bits, but all she talks about when I see her is her new clothes or shows me her new tea service etc. Our meetings only ever last a couple of hours because it is predominantly all about her and I like more in-depth conversations. Is that similar to how your friends make you feel ?

Have you surrounded yourself with people who don't stimulate your mind ? Perhaps you are far more intelligent than the people you interact with.

If you have a hobby or interest, perhaps join a group and meet people you have something in common with to talk about.

Or it could be you are content with your own company for most of the time. if you identify what is missing in these friendships you will know what to look for.

harmony said:
Is it because you find others uninteresting or too shallow? Or do you become tired easily around people? Tiredness can be mistaken for boredom.

I don't have a lot in common with most people. I don't watch reality TV that nearly everyone seems to be into, I don't like most modern music, or the club or pub scene. I enjoy deep meaningful conversation about subjects like science, philosophy, spirituality. Most people don't enjoy having a conversation about those.

I'm an introvert and find it hard being around people for too long. After two hours max I'm aching to get back to the peace of home, no matter how much I crave company at times. Introverts need to be alone to re-charge because they are sensitive to energy. Maybe an hour is all you can manage.
Yeah im the sameway. I hate 99% tv programs, movies, and music. I like to have conversations too but for some reason I feel they are talking at me then with me. Maybe im introvert as well. Even today I had a friend over for an hour he wanted to go to the bar down the block and I refussed so he went by himself anyways. So here I am now.

I don't find people shallow and maybe some doesn't keep my interest but maybe I just feel when they are talking I just feel I fit in with the topic or situation.

monkeysocks said:
I totally agree with all the posts above. There is nothing interesting in company that does not quite engage you and if conversations are not stimulating your mind to want to continue with them for a whole evening.

As an example: I have a friend and I love her to bits, but all she talks about when I see her is her new clothes or shows me her new tea service etc. Our meetings only ever last a couple of hours because it is predominantly all about her and I like more in-depth conversations. Is that similar to how your friends make you feel ?

Have you surrounded yourself with people who don't stimulate your mind ? Perhaps you are far more intelligent than the people you interact with.

If you have a hobby or interest, perhaps join a group and meet people you have something in common with to talk about.

Or it could be you are content with your own company for most of the time. if you identify what is missing in these friendships you will know what to look for.
my problem is when I talk to people or when they talk to me I just lose interest easily because usually when they start bragging about themselves that's when my mind goes blank and I tend to walk away.

Cant say I blame you for losing interest on that score. People who brag are inferior and why they have to brag to make themselves feel better. Its very annoying, boring and quite selfish to do so.

Supercilious people don't make good company - nothing wrong with you from my opinion.

Back in April I sat outside a bar having a drink and a guy on the next table was completely on his own, What he did was if he heard conversations around him he could identify with he politely and jokingly said 'I can identify with that' and added a bit into the conversation.

We ended up talking to him all nite and I still keep in touch today. He travels around the country and that is how he makes new friends that he can relate to because he listens out for it.

Keep smiling - you are just far more evolved than your mate who brags.

Latest posts

Back