If you live alone, do you have any 'rules'?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live alone and was wondering if anyone had some rules of behaviour to improve their quality of life. Not just about loneliness, it could be anything. I only work 2 days a week, but feel as though I'm wasting a good opportunity to do things or improve my life.

Thanks.

i know someone who works from home and lives alone. what he said was that in the morning he gets up as he was having to go to an office. gets dressed and jumps in the car and heads to a coffee shop then turns around and heads home. when he walks back in the door its work time just as if he arrived at the office. he even sets an alarm to tell him the end of the day. he said if he doesnt do it like that he tends to get into a rutt and start later all the time and end up working off and on all day and into the night. to keep himself from feeling like a hermit he goes out to the store or drive to get a newpaper or whatever. maybe its not the same for everyone but time management can be a good thing for stability in your life in general.

I kind of have a rule that I must work out every day at home, in my spare time after work.

It keeps my mind from idle thoughts (which seem to be a source of irritation for me) and helps me keep fit and healthy, two productive results that are better than lounging around doing nothing.

Well, use the time to find something that you believe objectively improves yourself. You have a lot of time, clearly, if I was you I would consider doing something to increase my income or education.

Have a medium/long term goal to work towards. That way it's 10x easier to put up with the random honeysuckle that gets thrown your way. Knowing that I'm are working towards something helps me be less apathetic and makes me give at least 1 or 2 fucks throughout the day.

If you don't know what you want, find something else to work for. Something you've always wanted to do or a place you've always wanted to visit.

I have a rule of working out one hour every day, and cook my own food instead of having junk food delivered, I have found this rule to keep me busy and healthy.

My rule is always be working toward some endeavor. Another rule of mine is "No honeysuckle on the Floor". I hate slobs that throw things on the floor. Living alone allows me to enforce this rule.

I have a rule , i have been lonely all my life when outside home.I have only one true friend but he lives far , so we dont meet up every week.But i dont panic him to meet every week.We have managed it that way and still be true friends.Its our own thing which has worked magically.But i have urgent need to have friends in office.I feel that i am the one who is always alone.But i always keep my head up while walking.aLWAYS been walking tall , standing tall like andre the giant.
lol!!So rule is , if you are feeling loneliness related mind problems and thoughts , accept them and try to indulge in something everyday.I have seen this , i become more constructive in solitude , for solitude is mighty.

Hank2 said:
i know someone who works from home and lives alone. what he said was that in the morning he gets up as he was having to go to an office. gets dressed and jumps in the car and heads to a coffee shop then turns around and heads home. when he walks back in the door its work time just as if he arrived at the office. he even sets an alarm to tell him the end of the day. he said if he doesnt do it like that he tends to get into a rutt and start later all the time and end up working off and on all day and into the night. to keep himself from feeling like a hermit he goes out to the store or drive to get a newpaper or whatever. maybe its not the same for everyone but time management can be a good thing for stability in your life in general.

This guy must be really sad. But it's true. Sometimes I myself go to the supermarket hopping to see some ******* people and then when I finish wandering through all the different departments I finally buy a bottle of some sort of alcohol that I drink alone back at home.

One rule I have now is not to play video games for more than an hour, so I don't get too disconnected, and try and get out most days where people are, when my health allows it. Still working on the working out rule. Another rule is to have a little walk in the park for half an hour everyday, to look at the trees and meditate a bit, to stop the constant thinking and hopefully see some animals.

House rule for myself - don't smoke in the house... Sometimes I feel too lazy to go out to smoke & at the end of the day, I end up smoking less... Guess it's better for my health...

I will have an 8 week break soon. I am hoping to better my life in that time and get a routine going.

Latest posts

Back