Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alone on my birthday....again.
02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Alone on my birthday....again.
So as I sit here and type....I realize that my birthday is tomorrow and yet again its going to be the same as every year...with no one to celebrate it with friends. But I have gotten used to it, which is the worse part. Over the years I thought that I had friends that I have gotten to know and maybe thought that just once I will be remembered....but it just never occured to those that my birthday had passed...with no calling or wishing. But when its their birthdays I always make it a habit to call and sometimes I don't want to be mean but other times I don't want to be call a bad person...if anyone understands me... So yeah I didn't come here so that you know its my birthday..but how I had to endure for a long time with no one even thinking of me on my special day while I have to think of others on theirs. How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Alone on my birthday....again.
well i dont know you and you dont know me but...i sincerley wish you a happy birthday tommorow and regardless if anyone wishes you one i hope you have a great day
02-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Make it a selfish day, do anything and everything that you enjoy, just because you don't spend it with friends doesn't mean you can't be happy on your b'day. Do you have any family you can spend it with? Don't be afraid to talk if you feel lonely.

I hope you have a good birthday!

Why is there something rather than nothing?
02-05-2013, 05:51 PM
(02-05-2013 02:40 PM)Annamar8031 Wrote:  How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!

I know that feeling. I haven’t had a birthday party since 1987 on account of having no family or friends to celebrate it with. Sure I can treat myself for the day but it just isn’t the same is it? Like you I put in effort for other people and I drop little hints when my own is coming up (though I don’t want to overdo it) and yep, nothing happens, I’m sat somewhere alone wondering what went wrong.

Happy Birthday though, just remember that we are thinking of you here.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I can not stand.
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
(02-05-2013 02:40 PM)Annamar8031 Wrote:  So as I sit here and type....I realize that my birthday is tomorrow and yet again its going to be the same as every year...with no one to celebrate it with friends. But I have gotten used to it, which is the worse part. Over the years I thought that I had friends that I have gotten to know and maybe thought that just once I will be remembered....but it just never occured to those that my birthday had passed...with no calling or wishing. But when its their birthdays I always make it a habit to call and sometimes I don't want to be mean but other times I don't want to be call a bad person...if anyone understands me... So yeah I didn't come here so that you know its my birthday..but how I had to endure for a long time with no one even thinking of me on my special day while I have to think of others on theirs. How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!

go out and spoil yourself !
Spend some money, buy stuff !
That's what I do and I don't mind my birthdays now !
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I haven't been to a birthday party since 1989...
Go do somethin man. Make it different.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
(02-05-2013 07:57 PM)dreamsurfer Wrote:  I haven't been to a birthday party since 1989...
Go do somethin man. Make it different.

yes nothing to stop you going by yourself somewhere !
Fuck other people !
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Happy birthday Anna Maria! Smile
Don't drink alcohol these days, but I will drink a coffee to celebrate your birthday
Toungue
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
The only time anyone ever remembered my birthday (other than my parents) was when I posted it on facebook. I'd say birthdays are about you. You don't need to share it with another person to make it enjoyable. Go out and make a time of it. And perhaps meet new people along the way.
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
(02-05-2013 11:24 PM)MoesTavern Wrote:  The only time anyone ever remembered my birthday (other than my parents) was when I posted it on facebook. I'd say birthdays are about you. You don't need to share it with another person to make it enjoyable. Go out and make a time of it. And perhaps meet new people along the way.

messages on facebook are pretty worthless anyway. It says on the screen, it's not like people remember.

My Dad often gets the day wrong. My mam always remembers. My Brother he might send a short text.

Some people at work never stop talking about theirs. I keep quiet and try and get the day off !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Birthday to me. LonelySutton 22 738 11-02-2014 12:39 AM
Last Post: Aqualonde
  Today is my birthday and I feel alone ... Spy 26 1,180 01-27-2014 09:58 PM
Last Post: Spy
  My dreaded birthday... Lavant 14 1,407 06-17-2013 10:00 PM
Last Post: Jéssica Soares
  Lonely Birthday mika90 7 6,073 10-28-2012 12:27 AM
Last Post: Kalmah87
  happy birthday to me putter65 14 1,340 05-30-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: putter65
  It was my birthday yesterday Angel52 22 1,984 04-24-2012 09:03 AM
Last Post: jazztracs
  It's my birthday soon. I don't know what to do. TheSolitaryMan 29 9,076 04-16-2012 07:30 AM
Last Post: beautifulsorrow
  Lonely and dwelling on my birthday... bleachblack 4 4,628 02-23-2011 01:35 AM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow
  It's my birthday. ThatOneDude 9 988 01-05-2011 08:19 AM
Last Post: ThatOneDude
  My birthday... Fender 7 1,005 11-04-2010 01:16 AM
Last Post: Haz