Alone on my birthday....again.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annamar8031

Reaction score
So as I sit here and type....I realize that my birthday is tomorrow and yet again its going to be the same as every year...with no one to celebrate it with friends. But I have gotten used to it, which is the worse part. Over the years I thought that I had friends that I have gotten to know and maybe thought that just once I will be remembered....but it just never occured to those that my birthday had passed...with no calling or wishing. But when its their birthdays I always make it a habit to call and sometimes I don't want to be mean but other times I don't want to be call a bad person...if anyone understands me... So yeah I didn't come here so that you know its my birthday..but how I had to endure for a long time with no one even thinking of me on my special day while I have to think of others on theirs. How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!

well i dont know you and you dont know me but...i sincerley wish you a happy birthday tommorow and regardless if anyone wishes you one i hope you have a great day

Make it a selfish day, do anything and everything that you enjoy, just because you don't spend it with friends doesn't mean you can't be happy on your b'day. Do you have any family you can spend it with? Don't be afraid to talk if you feel lonely.

I hope you have a good birthday!

Annamar8031 said:
How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!

I know that feeling. I haven’t had a birthday party since 1987 on account of having no family or friends to celebrate it with. Sure I can treat myself for the day but it just isn’t the same is it? Like you I put in effort for other people and I drop little hints when my own is coming up (though I don’t want to overdo it) and yep, nothing happens, I’m sat somewhere alone wondering what went wrong.

Happy Birthday though, just remember that we are thinking of you here.

Annamar8031 said:
So as I sit here and type....I realize that my birthday is tomorrow and yet again its going to be the same as every year...with no one to celebrate it with friends. But I have gotten used to it, which is the worse part. Over the years I thought that I had friends that I have gotten to know and maybe thought that just once I will be remembered....but it just never occured to those that my birthday had passed...with no calling or wishing. But when its their birthdays I always make it a habit to call and sometimes I don't want to be mean but other times I don't want to be call a bad person...if anyone understands me... So yeah I didn't come here so that you know its my birthday..but how I had to endure for a long time with no one even thinking of me on my special day while I have to think of others on theirs. How I wish to have a huge party for me....I can only dream!

go out and spoil yourself !
Spend some money, buy stuff !
That's what I do and I don't mind my birthdays now !

dreamsurfer said:
I haven't been to a birthday party since 1989...
Go do somethin man. Make it different.

yes nothing to stop you going by yourself somewhere !
fresia other people !

Happy birthday Anna Maria! :)
Don't drink alcohol these days, but I will drink a coffee to celebrate your birthday
:p

The only time anyone ever remembered my birthday (other than my parents) was when I posted it on facebook. I'd say birthdays are about you. You don't need to share it with another person to make it enjoyable. Go out and make a time of it. And perhaps meet new people along the way.

Moe said:
The only time anyone ever remembered my birthday (other than my parents) was when I posted it on facebook. I'd say birthdays are about you. You don't need to share it with another person to make it enjoyable. Go out and make a time of it. And perhaps meet new people along the way.

messages on facebook are pretty worthless anyway. It says on the screen, it's not like people remember.

My Dad often gets the day wrong. My mam always remembers. My Brother he might send a short text.

Some people at work never stop talking about theirs. I keep quiet and try and get the day off !

Happy Birthday. It is good that you have come on here to write about how you are feeling and to know that we are thinking of you.
I've been alone on my birthday several times, and when it happens I get a saveaway ticket (this is a local ticket you can use all day after 9-30 am on trains and buses) and I go out to a couple of different places. Then in the evening I read a book I have wanted to read for a long time, or treat myself to a new DVD. It isn't the same at all as having people who care about you to spend it with, but it is better than sitting indoors alone all day. One year I got two cards for my birhtday and hoped that noone would ask how many cards I had got, as I would have felt too embarrassed to reply 'two.' But there are people here who get none, so I did try to be grateful for the two people who remebered to send a card.
It does hurt when you make the effort to remember others on their birthdays and they don't do the same back.

Yes I did go out and went out to celebrate with a nice coffee and huge breakfast and wished myself a happy birthday, your messages made my day! :)

9006 said:
Make it a selfish day, do anything and everything that you enjoy, just because you don't spend it with friends doesn't mean you can't be happy on your b'day. Do you have any family you can spend it with? Don't be afraid to talk if you feel lonely.

I hope you have a good birthday!

Yes I do have family but we are not close...so I don't make it known to them because they only think that I am whinning that its my birthday, but hey I got to read nice messages from you guys here so that was enough to make it worthwhile to have a smile!.

perfanoff said:
Happy birthday Anna Maria! :)
Don't drink alcohol these days, but I will drink a coffee to celebrate your birthday
:p

Thank you! :)

I haven't cared much about my birthday since about the age of ten because after that I stopped having parties to celebrate it. Sometimes friends suggest I do something for it but I don't really care either way lol. Enjoy your birthday anyway!

Latest posts

Back