You ever just get tired of hearing your own honeysuckle?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Among the Sleep

Reaction score
I really get sick of hearing myself complain sometimes. I know I have some things to complain about, but I also usually have a negative attitude on most things and I feel like the same 20 negative thoughts are just recycled through my brain on an every day basis. Then when I come here to vent about things I just feel silly. Cause I know it usually isn't as bad as it seems. It's just hard to tell where reality ends and my craziness begins sometimes. Then when I wrote a long exaggerated posts about my struggles with women or addictive behaviors, I just feel gross, like I just sucked my own dick or something.

Yes of course. Lately I feel like that's all I've been doing lately. Just complaining and whining about how hurt I am. Sometimes I just shut myself out from everything and everyone cause I hate hearing myself complain endlessly about the same stuff.

Not at all, because I keep the majority of it to myself. I prefer to solve problems on my own - I'm not going to put that burden on anyone else. I keep a journal (or what some like to call a 'diary'.), which is very therapeutic. Sure, some genuine advice is dandy when needed, but if I am having a bad day, I refuse to vent to someone considering that the likelihood of them getting a kick out of my bitching is high.

This one chick that I used to work with... I used to talk to her when I was really mad and she would always start laughing. I guess the things I spoke about weren't that serious because I'd end up laughing along with her. x) I find humor in a lot of things, even if it's somewhat grim. I guess that's why I haven't fallen apart yet...

Sure, we all tend to exaggerate our own problems in our own heads to some extent. But talking through your issues with friends can be a effective way to relieve the stresses of life. You never know if somebody will offer helpful advice to help you deal with your situation. Don't keep your frustrations bottled inside forever, that's just not healthy.

It doesn't really matter how silly it sounds. If it's hurting you, then you're as entitled to support as anyone else who's in pain. Often problems are the same every day because every day seems the same. The things that seem completely trivial if they happen once a year become much worse if they're happening every day. Please don't be so hard on yourself!

Yes, which is why I sometimes don't appear to have much to say to anyone. Best to keep quiet when I get that way.

First world problems. I'm in the same boat as you sleep...though I don't have a d*ck XD.
Would be great if there were a switch to turn if off.

Revengineer said:
Sure, we all tend to exaggerate our own problems in our own heads to some extent. But talking through your issues with friends can be a effective way to relieve the stresses of life. You never know if somebody will offer helpful advice to help you deal with your situation. Don't keep your frustrations bottled inside forever, that's just not healthy.

The last forum I was at I had a real problem with this. Why? Well, here people are either supportive or they ignore you. If they support you, well you feel better, if they ignore you, the words just go off into empty space and you hear what you've said, and don't feel like you have to say anymore because, yea you are tired of it. Instead people raged at me "rawr, bulma should be banned because I don't wanna hear it."

Wow I must be tired, I totally saw the title of this thread being "You ever just get tired of eating your own honeysuckle?"

Among the Sleep said:
I just feel gross, like I just sucked my own dick or something.

Hey, how do you know it's gross??? sounds like you've already tried it.
Did you feel guilty???

No, my honeysuckle is the real honeysuckle. i know that others dont care about my stupid problems but sh** upon them!

:club:

To reply to the thread, yes, I was just sick and tired of hearing my own sorrows and honeysuckle that I decided to stop it and moved on. I think it's so much more fun enjoying life and what it has rather than moaning about what it doesn't have or what I don't have. Sometimes it's not easy... but still makes me tired whenever I feel down or anxious. They seem to drain my energy a lot lot more.

Latest posts

Back