Bored and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildflower

Reaction score
It's 2:55am and i can't sleep and there's no one i can talk to keep me company or preoccupied. I'm drinking ice tea and eating tiny teddies. My eyes really hurt for some reason and my jaw is aching.. I feel like a depressed mess. It's been a month since i last spoke to him...whats worse is i know hes ok and has many distractions, friends, work, new ppl to meet, outings etc :( while i can't stop thinking of him and have no one to depend on to get me through the days.

Sorry i am writing in this like a diary.. I just needed to let these thoughts out to someone. I've been thinking so much lately i cannot switch the thinking off. Wow i just heard something really creepy outside my window like a half scream half cat noise...weird. Lol. Anyway... What are you all up to? I'm going to go shopping first thing in the morning :) i need a wardrobe update.

I also need a wardrobe update! I am so bored of my clothes. I need more colours, less brown/grey/blending-into-the-background things. Wanna go shopping together? I could do with a second opinion :p

I am unsure of your story or history with this guy you're thinking about, though I'm assuming it's an ex... but isn't the fact he's OK a good thing? I know it can feel so unfair when they seem so able to function and do normal things without you, but be strong and you will find yourself again soon. Don't worry, a month is still early days for some of us to recover. Some people can move on very quickly, others take longer, but you will be OK soon.

Sorry you feel so unhappy, Wildflower. I remember feeling the same way when I split up with my wife; she had friends, family and a job to occupy her time, while I laid in bed thinking about her and wishing she'd come back to me. She never did...

As time passed, I learned to cope on my own and not to think about her so much. I hope that one day I'll be able to look back and smile about her, but I'm not quite there yet.

I can relate to the feeling of your brain running away with you and not being able to stop it from thinking, but perhaps that's what you need right now? Perhaps you're trying to figure it all out, so that you can start to accept the end of your relationship?

The fact that you're going out shopping tomorrow shows that you've not given up and that you can still see a future for yourself. Hopefully some new clothes will give your self-esteem a lift and you'll start to feel happier again.

As to what I'm up to or intend to do tomorrow? I'm sitting watching darts on TV and replying to messages on here. Tomorrow? Who knows? It tends to rain here 90% of the time, which kind of limits your options. If it's sunny then I will probably go out walking.

wildflower said:
Sorry i am writing in this like a diary.. I just needed to let these thoughts out to someone. I've been thinking so much lately i cannot switch the thinking off. Wow i just heard something really creepy outside my window like a half scream half cat noise...weird. Lol. Anyway... What are you all up to? I'm going to go shopping first thing in the morning :) i need a wardrobe update.

Haha, this is the most random post. Funny though.

I want to go to the mall and buy a nice big baseball cap that will hid my face from the world and I can be one of those inconspicuous, mysterious type of people...doesn't help much with loneliness but I think I'll enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back