I wish I can stop fantasizing about attacking my family

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
What's up people. I have this thing that's been going on with me for years now. I daydream about just attacking certain members of my family, sort of like going postal. I really think my family is annoying and it's gotten to the point where I just want to attack them just because they annoy me so badly. They're always telling me to do something for them. Like today, my grandmother complained about my laundry basket and how to smelled. I honestly just wanted to punch her in the face for that. It might be due to some anger management problems I've had from time to time. I've wish I could just snap at them sometimes to be honest. I carry a knife for personal protection but not so much ow since someone who barely knew me thought I had it to threaten or harm him which I would never do for no reason. And it's not in arms reach really because I keep it in my bag. And my mom borrows my phone too, recently which makes me mad because I was doing something o there that was important and she apparently doesn't care about that at all. It adds more fuel to the fire along side with her talking to me when I don't want her to which everybody does.

Looks like a yahoo answers question.

How much fuel do you pour on the fire ? I mean you can't be the easiest person to be around either, and I wonder if they might feel the same way ? Just try and put yourself in their shoes.... maybe your laundry basket did stink ?? Ya think ?

Your talking about hurting people man ! And carrying a knife ? I wouldn't want to be around you either !!

And man I am old enough I remember that first postal attack... That was sick honeysuckle man !!

Honestly, it sounds like the issue of you wanting to control the people and things around you. People can be annoying. They do things that you dislike. They disagree with you. They can be complete opposite of you. There's a much deeper issue with your feelings though. Deeper than just being annoyed by these folks.

Don't worry people, it's all in my head. Plus that's why I made this thread. Just note I get psychologist and psychiatrist mixed up.
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=28838

Alienated said:
How much fuel do you pour on the fire ? I mean you can't be the easiest person to be around either, and I wonder if they might feel the same way ? Just try and put yourself in their shoes.... maybe your laundry basket did stink ?? Ya think ?

Your talking about hurting people man ! And carrying a knife ? I wouldn't want to be around you either !!

And man I am old enough I remember that first postal attack... That was sick honeysuckle man !!

If your family complained to you so much about every little thing and being around them for a long time, you'll see why. My family has a history of violence as well.

I don't talk about hurting people on a regular basis. Plus I said I wouldn't hurt somebody for no reason. Like I said, that person hardly knew me. Not to mention I have a right to defend myself. I just so happen to choose a knife to do so. Plus I avoid fights, sometimes I can't and it comes to me.

Oh god, I'm not going to be using that term so lightly now.

VanillaCreme said:
Honestly, it sounds like the issue of you wanting to control the people and things around you. People can be annoying. They do things that you dislike. They disagree with you. They can be complete opposite of you. There's a much deeper issue with your feelings though. Deeper than just being annoyed by these folks.

I'll be careful when sharing articles that I find interesting and the examples that I use next time.

Hey African... I know you don't know this but my whole family is dead, brother murdered in a hit and run in 1988, dad heart attack, and mom cancer. I don't have a single relative on the planet for over 5 years now...

So try to be grateful you have a family at all.....

I didn't like being around my family either, but I would give anything to have them back now. So try and learn a way to get along with what you got, one day they are there.... and the next they aren't

My parents became detrimental to quality of my life once I became an adult, so I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes the only way to get along with someone is not to be around him at all.

African_weasel said:
VanillaCreme said:

I'll be careful when sharing articles that I find interesting and the examples that I use next time.

What? That has nothing to do with what I said. Do you know what you're saying or the thread you're responding to? You didn't post any article before my post.

Think about the cause of your family's nagging. Often its a way of venting their own frustrations at problems that have nothing to do with you.

Instead of thinking they're being jerks for the sake of it, think they have internal pain that they don't know how to deal with.

Maybe you should move out if possible. I had to get away from my family. It might be more effective and safer to process your emotions with a fresh perspective and at a safe distance.

African_weasel said:
I going to college soon so moving out will not be an issue

But one thing never changes man, you can't get away from yourself ! One thing that all my problems had in common.... was me. If you are causing any of your problems, your going to do it there to. But now you have to deal with 1,000's of people just like you, not just your family. Think about that ???

African_weasel said:

This is probably the best bet.

Although you have some aggression issues. If you don't get them treated now, they will come out years later. I don't want to be reading about you on the news, please get therapy.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
African_weasel said:

This is probably the best bet.

Although you have some aggression issues. If you don't get them treated now, they will come out years later. I don't want to be reading about you on the news, please get therapy.

That's what the martial arts was for

Grab a PS3 controller and start shooting mofoes. Or grab a machete and start cutting down coconut trees. Don't hurt people physically, whatever you do.

Latest posts

Back