Im kinda lost and ive become negative minded

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taste-the-rainbow

Reaction score
Erm so im 15 and I know people my age living life to their fullest and it irritates me knowing I cant do that mainly because of my family and lifestyle.
Im personally really outgoing and so creative and I know if I got the chance I could be great at many different things. But there are so many walls around me and I have nothing to break them down with. And my parents are the biggest walls ever built.
And because of this whole situation of me being pretty much locked up, im blind to my own future. I dont see anything in my future so ive become lost. I dont have a clue about what I should be aiming for in the future. Im so disturbed by the fact I might end up jobless because im so lost in what to do.
People say, do what makes you happy but how can I if im constanly being stopped, and in 10 years time I know where ill be- laying in the same bed resting my head on the same pillow staring at the same white ceiling wondering where I went wrong.
But in my dreams, which ive stopped myself from believing, I will always want to move away into a big place where I can make the rules I can make my own settings and no one will bother me when im trying to do something I want to do. But ive become so caught up with reality and its slapped me hard in the face, so ive become so negative minded on everything around me.
Yet I have memories of when I would look at grey skies and think what a beautiful day but now I hate waking up and facing reality and people. I hate waking up every morning with a lonely feeling sinking into my heart. I wish things could change because I really need some kind of ray of hope.

Thank you so much for reading.
~Taste The Rainbow

One word: Fifteen. You don't NEED to "look forward to the future". Stop living for the future, and live it for today! Nothing good comes from wishing and dreaming of "what might be" whilst doing nothing right now ;) If you don't get up and go, how do you know where you'll end up?

How do your parents stop you? I had an overprotective mother. I had to do all I could, just to do simple things that I wanted to do.

You have your whole life ahead of you but i know you have heard all the cliches. But, i tell my kids that "You have to do a lot of what you DON'T want to do in order to be able to do what you DO want to do". That is reality. You can carve out any life you want to live. But, you are going to have to work to get there. You are going to have to jump through other people's hoops along the way. You have to walk the walk to get to where you can run. Your parents truly do want the best for you. ANd, yes, they may not know what you really want out of life, none of us parents do. We are simply trying to give you the TOOLS to live the life that you wish to live. SO, they are truly not trying to put you into a box but they only know their way of life so that is the reference they use in trying to teach you, so please take it in that spirit.
And, you may not know yet where you even want your life to live. So, for now, just embrace TODAY and the people and things around you and find the joy of today. Things will work themselves out.

I would try to focus on anything that you can enjoy right now, and not worry about the types of things you can enjoy later. Obviously I have no way to know how restrictive your parents are, so its hard to give suggestions of specific things. BUt take advantage of having a roof, and food, and use any of your free time for things you find enjoyable. You will have plenty of time as you age to be able to work at molding your life to your own style. Just try to make the most out of what and where you are now. I wish you the best, take care. :D

Senamian said:
One word: Fifteen. You don't NEED to "look forward to the future". Stop living for the future, and live it for today! Nothing good comes from wishing and dreaming of "what might be" whilst doing nothing right now ;) If you don't get up and go, how do you know where you'll end up?

How do your parents stop you? I had an overprotective mother. I had to do all I could, just to do simple things that I wanted to do.

true story thanks for the advice (y)

Garbageman said:
I would try to focus on anything that you can enjoy right now, and not worry about the types of things you can enjoy later. Obviously I have no way to know how restrictive your parents are, so its hard to give suggestions of specific things. BUt take advantage of having a roof, and food, and use any of your free time for things you find enjoyable. You will have plenty of time as you age to be able to work at molding your life to your own style. Just try to make the most out of what and where you are now. I wish you the best, take care. :D

thanks a bunch <3

OMG I read what you wrote and it's like I'm looking in a mirror. Except for the fact you are half my age. You are 15. The only job is to live life care free and to learn as much as possible.

I don't mean just from textbooks either. I mean learn life. Go out, make friends, do things, form bonds. Gain perspective. The truth is for most people, every "purpose" they think they have decided on at 15 usually changes anyway. You're going to discover new things, find out you didn't like old nearly as much as you did.

It sounds condescending when people talk to teenagers. You're growing into adulthood soon. You're going to FEEL like you know so much. It's only with time that you look back and realize the reality. All i can say, is you're doing it right. The only thing you're doing wrong now is worrying about tomorrow instead of living for today.

lostatsea said:
OMG I read what you wrote and it's like I'm looking in a mirror. Except for the fact you are half my age. You are 15. The only job is to live life care free and to learn as much as possible.

I don't mean just from textbooks either. I mean learn life. Go out, make friends, do things, form bonds. Gain perspective. The truth is for most people, every "purpose" they think they have decided on at 15 usually changes anyway. You're going to discover new things, find out you didn't like old nearly as much as you did.

It sounds condescending when people talk to teenagers. You're growing into adulthood soon. You're going to FEEL like you know so much. It's only with time that you look back and realize the reality. All i can say, is you're doing it right. The only thing you're doing wrong now is worrying about tomorrow instead of living for today.

Thank you for your reply ^_^
Best reply yet XD
*lots of hugs*

Senamian said:
If you can, indulge in a hobby. Something you like - do it.

Yeah, you def need to find a hobbie where you can spend your time on. Like Senamian said, you don't need to "live for the future", you need to live the present, NOW.

You said that you're creative so if you find something that keeps you busy you'll have your answer at the end. Look at me, I'm 21 years old and I was in the same situation as you, I didn't even know where to go or who I was.

These "walls" that you said, need to be "painted". Here's why:

I started to look where I can "make noise" amongst these "walls".
Found peace in arts & music. Not only it kept me busy, but helped me to overcome fears, anxiety and a whole lot of problems that I had. And most important thing; it helped me to know who I was. I'm a crazy but happy artist and now everybody's happy that I followed my own way and found myself, found friends and new life.

If you find something that makes you happy, go for it, don't even think into stopping yourself or if others stop you, at the end they will understand, anyways.

Hope this helps and sorry for my horrible english :/

GhostNine said:
Senamian said:
If you can, indulge in a hobby. Something you like - do it.

Yeah, you def need to find a hobbie where you can spend your time on. Like Senamian said, you don't need to "live for the future", you need to live the present, NOW.

You said that you're creative so if you find something that keeps you busy you'll have your answer at the end. Look at me, I'm 21 years old and I was in the same situation as you, I didn't even know where to go or who I was.

These "walls" that you said, need to be "painted". Here's why:

I started to look where I can "make noise" amongst these "walls".
Found peace in arts & music. Not only it kept me busy, but helped me to overcome fears, anxiety and a whole lot of problems that I had. And most important thing; it helped me to know who I was. I'm a crazy but happy artist and now everybody's happy that I followed my own way and found myself, found friends and new life.

If you find something that makes you happy, go for it, don't even think into stopping yourself or if others stop you, at the end they will understand, anyways.

Hope this helps and sorry for my horrible english :/

Thank you <3
And you're right maybe I should distract myself with something so I'm currently using this forum as my hobby XD

taste-the-rainbow said:
Thank you <3
And you're right maybe I should distract myself with something so I'm currently using this forum as my hobby XD

I'm glad that you're happy now, stay happy forever. Smile like a maniac everyday and you'll be happy entire life. Try to smile every time you walk down, listen to cool music and enjoy the rest of the day. Remember that you're amazing, everybody's amazing.

Here, I made you a little sketch. SMILE!

image.jpg

Awesome sketch =D

I do admit, for this forum... If you are a creative person you can totally share that too! I know I have and will.

I used sculpture, painting, sketching, etc as my output. I also find I need my music lol. It helps release your energy :) I also kept an aquarium, which I liked for the "calmness" of it.

GhostNine said:
taste-the-rainbow said:
Thank you <3

I'm glad that you're happy now, stay happy forever. Smile like a maniac everyday and you'll be happy entire life. Try to smile every time you walk down, listen to cool music and enjoy the rest of the day. Remember that you're amazing, everybody's amazing.

Here, I made you a little sketch. SMILE!

image.jpg

I'm not sure why, but to me that looks like the "I just murdered someone so let's put on a giant smile to look inconspicuous" smile.
Which makes it kind of awesome.

Sigma said:
I'm not sure why, but to me that looks like the "I just murdered someone so let's put on a giant smile to look inconspicuous" smile.
Which makes it kind of awesome.

*whistles* hahaha

You can't have the best of everything. :D

Every family have different lifestyle. So don't compare yours with others. You may never know what other worse problems their children faced with their family but they won't let anyone know because some felt embarrassed & etc.

Seeking freedom is one thing every child wanted. Just learn to spend time with your family. Once you have your freedom, you will definitely spend very little time with your family. Take this as a opportunity to spend more time with your family. There are many people outside who have plenty of freedom but instead they seek time with their family but they can't get it. :)

Try looking through your family's point of view(POV) instead of just yours alone. Who know's they are just as lost as you because they couldn't bare to let you go because they loved you too much? :D

One of this day you will eventually realise the reason they stopped you from a lot of things. :)
In time, you will have your freedom. So wait patiently for it, be optimistic! Plan what you want to do once you have your freedom rather than letting those time passed being pessimistic.

Be patience when you have nothing, be a good person when you have everything(freedom). ;) Don't tell me once you have your freedom, you tend to live as a pessimistic person?

Scruffy said:
You can't have the best of everything. :D

Every family have different lifestyle. So don't compare yours with others. You may never know what other worse problems their children faced with their family but they won't let anyone know because some felt embarrassed & etc.

Seeking freedom is one thing every child wanted. Just learn to spend time with your family. Once you have your freedom, you will definitely spend very little time with your family. Take this as a opportunity to spend more time with your family. There are many people outside who have plenty of freedom but instead they seek time with their family but they can't get it. :)

Try looking through your family's point of view(POV) instead of just yours alone. Who know's they are just as lost as you because they couldn't bare to let you go because they loved you too much? :D

One of this day you will eventually realise the reason they stopped you from a lot of things. :)
In time, you will have your freedom. So wait patiently for it, be optimistic! Plan what you want to do once you have your freedom rather than letting those time passed being pessimistic.

Be patience when you have nothing, be a good person when you have everything(freedom). ;) Don't tell me once you have your freedom, you tend to live as a pessimistic person?

thank you and yes i agree i need to be more patient

Latest posts

Back