I want some friends, can someone talk to me? Please?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
Hey, everybody.

My name is Raul, I’m 23-years-old and this is my first time here. As you can all see by the title, I am craving for any sort of friendship. I could explain why I’m alone, but it is a long story, I could probably write an entire biography about it. I’m not planning on doing that just yet, for now, I’m just planning on giving a general overview about myself, to see if there is someone here who can relate to me and who can speak to me.

My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. Although I do collect them and have a semi-big library, I don’t consider myself “hardcore,” just casual. My secondary interest is writing. I spend most of my time on my computer, developing many of the ideas I have for a novel that I’m planning to start writing someday.

One of my ambivalences is reading. I do appreciate literature, but only if it is a particular book I am interested in. Currently, I’m reading “The Divine Comedy.” Another ambivalence I have is music. I like two particular rock bands, but other than that, I have to real taste for it. I mostly hear movie and video game soundtracks. I like classic music though, especially Bach.

This might sound very odd, but one of my dislikes is TV. I don’t watch it at all, maybe because it has little to offer. I’m sort of a person that gets bored of it very quickly. Another dislike I have are sports, don’t get me wrong though. I do like to play outside whenever I have the chance, is just the events on TV that don’t interest me, at ALL.

I guess that’s enough for the moment. Male or female, I don’t mind who it is; everyone is welcome to respond and question me about any subject. I just want to make online friends. Also, at the moment, I am a very free person, so I’ll check for responses frequently.

Thank you.

Hey Raul, welcome to the forum.

Feel free to PM me if you want. I like video games, although I've been cutting back lately. I also write occasionally, but just for fun.

I'm sure you'll make some friends here, there are a lot of nice people on this forum.

Hi and welcome :)

Drop into the chat room... you may enjoy chatting with people in there. The amount of people in there depends on the time of day you pop in! happy chatting! :)

AnonymousMe said:
Hey, everybody.

My name is Raul, I’m 23-years-old and this is my first time here. As you can all see by the title, I am craving for any sort of friendship. I could explain why I’m alone, but it is a long story, I could probably write an entire biography about it. I’m not planning on doing that just yet, for now, I’m just planning on giving a general overview about myself, to see if there is someone here who can relate to me and who can speak to me.

My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. Although I do collect them and have a semi-big library, I don’t consider myself “hardcore,” just casual. My secondary interest is writing. I spend most of my time on my computer, developing many of the ideas I have for a novel that I’m planning to start writing someday.

One of my ambivalences is reading. I do appreciate literature, but only if it is a particular book I am interested in. Currently, I’m reading “The Divine Comedy.” Another ambivalence I have is music. I like two particular rock bands, but other than that, I have to real taste for it. I mostly hear movie and video game soundtracks. I like classic music though, especially Bach.

This might sound very odd, but one of my dislikes is TV. I don’t watch it at all, maybe because it has little to offer. I’m sort of a person that gets bored of it very quickly. Another dislike I have are sports, don’t get me wrong though. I do like to play outside whenever I have the chance, is just the events on TV that don’t interest me, at ALL.

I guess that’s enough for the moment. Male or female, I don’t mind who it is; everyone is welcome to respond and question me about any subject. I just want to make online friends. Also, at the moment, I am a very free person, so I’ll check for responses frequently.

Thank you.

Hi Raul. I wanted to write a novel. I had the writers and artists year book for a while. It was the 1990 edition, so reminds me when my ambition began. I was a truck driver before that and was looking for an easier way to make a living. I did a distance learning course in short story writing to start me off. :)

Welcome Raul

I would be glad to talk to you, and I sent you a PM. You and I have some things in common... TV FREAKING SUCKS !! And I love classical Music... if you like Bach ? Do you like Mozart and Vivaldi too ?
I love Vivaldi violin concertos for 2 violins, and Bach Cello suites by Yo Yo Ma, and guess what ??? I know a record producer that lives by me.... And he is Christopher Parkening's old manager, I got to meet him 4 separate times before he retired !!

And I studied Classical guitar for 10 years !! I look forward to talking to you... The record producer never has any time to talk to me, he is always traveling...

Hi Raul. Cool name :D

AnonymousMe said:
My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. Although I do collect them and have a semi-big library, I don’t consider myself “hardcore,” just casual.

My brother collects consoles. What consoles do you own?

davey said:
AnonymousMe said:
Hey, everybody.

Thank you.

Hi Raul. I wanted to write a novel. I had the writers and artists year book for a while. It was the 1990 edition, so reminds me when my ambition began. I was a truck driver before that and was looking for an easier way to make a living. I did a distance learning course in short story writing to start me off. :)

Well, short stories ARE a good way to start and I started off the same way while I was in junior high school. Not to be cocky, but I never stopped surprising my English teachers. Sure, there were grammar errors here and there, but overall, my imagination was wild! By the way, what is the writers and artists yearbook?
I've never heard of that...

Punisher said:
Hi Raul. Cool name :D

AnonymousMe said:
My primary interest, not surprisingly enough, is video games. Although I do collect them and have a semi-big library, I don’t consider myself “hardcore,” just casual.

My brother collects consoles. What consoles do you own?

I have...
1. The original Nintendo, but I can't play it (wrong cables).
2. Super Nintendo.
3. Nintendo 64.
4. Nintendo GameCube + the Game Boy Player Accessory add-on.
5. Mega Drive/SEGA Genesis.
6. SEGA Saturn, though I have no games... yet ;)
7. SEGA Dreamcast.
8. PlayStation 1, still my favorite console :)
9. PlayStation 2.
10. PlayStation 3.
11. PlayStation Portable
12. The Original XBOX

I am planning on getting more consoles and even arcade machines.
I have a dream of having my own "game room." It is an ambitious goal,
but I am a patient man... most of the time at least.

AnonymousMe said:
I have...
2. Super Nintendo.
3. Nintendo 64.
7. SEGA Dreamcast.
9. PlayStation 2.
10. PlayStation 3.
11. PlayStation Portable
12. The Original XBOX

Nice collection :D

My brother has

1. Sega Megadrive
2. Sega Mega CD
3. Sega Saturn
4. Sega Dreamcast
5. Original Xbox
6. Xbox 360
7. Atari Jaguar

Doesn't sound like much compared to your collection :p I might get him a Gamecube for Christmas (he wants the Resident Evil games) and I pre-ordered an Xbox One for him.

He used to have an original Mortal Kombat arcade machine, but it's gone now. One day we will buy another one and try find a few classic Sega arcade machines, and make a game room just like you :D

Welcome to the forum ^^ I really aught to get back into writing... I've got enough ideas stashed just about everywhere. I too surprised my English teachers in school - one such project had to be on "Illusion VS Reality" and I did it so... Perfectly? That she had to re-read it 5 times, and got 5 different stories out of it. In fact it was the view of a drug addict living on the streets. ;) 100% on that short story (and she stole...ERRR... Borrowed... It to teach future classes).

I'm not collector on game consoles... But I still have my gamecube lol. AND I still use it. Along with a collection of games (used to have a collection before, but the wad stole them. So I restarted.)

When I was 7 or 8 the Sega Master System and original Nintendo came out. My parents and asked me and my brothers which one we wanted. Everybody had a nintendo. So we chose the Sega. I still have it packed away somewhere.

I used to be a huge gamer. I had every console from the Ps2 and up... so the ps2, dreamcast, xbox, gamecube, 360, ps3, gamecube... and then I realized I've spent too much of my life playing video games lol. So I haven't played much the past year.

That being said I still pre-ordered a PS4 and Xbox one... No idea why.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! =) I play a few video games, but not as much as you do but feel free to pm me if you wish! =)

Punisher said:
AnonymousMe said:
I have...
2. Super Nintendo.
3. Nintendo 64.
7. SEGA Dreamcast.
9. PlayStation 2.
10. PlayStation 3.
11. PlayStation Portable
12. The Original XBOX

Nice collection :D

My brother has

1. Sega Megadrive
2. Sega Mega CD
3. Sega Saturn
4. Sega Dreamcast
5. Original Xbox
6. Xbox 360
7. Atari Jaguar

Doesn't sound like much compared to your collection :p I might get him a Gamecube for Christmas (he wants the Resident Evil games) and I pre-ordered an Xbox One for him.

He used to have an original Mortal Kombat arcade machine, but it's gone now. One day we will buy another one and try find a few classic Sega arcade machines, and make a game room just like you :D

I haven’t played the Resident Evil REmake on the GameCube, but I do have the game on my library. I don’t want to play it because it is a valuable game nowadays, so I’ll just wait until I get my hands on the Nintendo Wii port. I’ve only used it one time, just to confirm the eBay seller that It worked just fine. I played it on broad daylight and without any headphones, but the game was still SCARY… >o< I was hoping not to find one of those “Crimson Heads” that I’ve heard about and luckily that did not happen.

To all that have played the game: Please don’t post anything about the Crimson Heads; I want to be surprised when I first look at them and I also want to get scared… again. Yes, I’m looking at you Resident Evil 6 >=(

I wish you luck in making your game room one day; it’ll be endless hours of gameplay fun!

What games is your brother interested or excited about from the Xbox One?

Senamian said:
Welcome to the forum ^^ I really aught to get back into writing... I've got enough ideas stashed just about everywhere. I too surprised my English teachers in school - one such project had to be on "Illusion VS Reality" and I did it so... Perfectly? That she had to re-read it 5 times, and got 5 different stories out of it. In fact it was the view of a drug addict living on the streets. ;) 100% on that short story (and she stole...ERRR... Borrowed... It to teach future classes).

I'm not collector on game consoles... But I still have my gamecube lol. AND I still use it. Along with a collection of games (used to have a collection before, but the wad stole them. So I restarted.)

I still remember the best time I had taken an English teacher by surprise. When I was starting college, the teacher asked for an essay in which she wanted us to write about a personal favorite band that we had and tell about three recurring themes that were found in their songs. I, who listened only movie and video game soundtracks, did not had a favorite band at all. So what I did was something really awesome: I made up a German band called “Putrefied Humanity.” I made up the names of the songs and the lyrics and edited the essay perfectly. In the end, she gave me an A+. After getting the grade, I felt both proud but ashamed; after all, the whole paper was fake. So, one time after class, I told her that I had made up the band and after telling that, she just stared me directly in the eyes. I was kind of nervous of what she was going to say, but she said this:

“I don’t know if I should be surprised or mad at you, but I already gave you the grade, so who gives a honeysuckle anymore?”

XD I felt like a boss at that moment and I decided not to throw my essay away, to this day, I still have it and see it once in a while.

Sorry you had your consoles stolen, but I’m glad you have a GameCube, it’s one of the most underrated consoles ever. What games do you have? Just curious…

lostatsea said:
When I was 7 or 8 the Sega Master System and original Nintendo came out. My parents and asked me and my brothers which one we wanted. Everybody had a nintendo. So we chose the Sega. I still have it packed away somewhere.

I used to be a huge gamer. I had every console from the Ps2 and up... so the ps2, dreamcast, xbox, gamecube, 360, ps3, gamecube... and then I realized I've spent too much of my life playing video games lol. So I haven't played much the past year.

That being said I still pre-ordered a PS4 and Xbox one... No idea why.

Well, as long as you don’t get addicted to them, you are fine. Play away! Do you still have those consoles? Also, I may have an idea of why you pre-ordered both the PS4 and XBOX One.

A couple of weeks ago, Mr. John Carmack (creator of the awesome Wolfenstein, DOOM and Quake series) reviewed both consoles and came up to the conclusion that “both consoles are basically the same,” although he did criticize the Kinect 2.0 (Beware it).

So multi-platforms won’t use the full capabilities of the consoles, BUT… maybe the exclusives will. It’s my guess, but that is probably why you pre-ordered both consoles, for the exclusives.

There are a few that do look very interesting, like “The Order: 1886” and “deep down” on PS4 and “Project Spark” and “Killer Instinct” on Xbox One. It’s just what I think.

Hahaha "love that band!" ;) If I were that teacher, when you left I would have died laughing at the fact it was so believable.

I have a random mix of games:

Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Prince of Persia Sands of Time... Need to find Prince of Persia Two Thrones. Also have a few racing games like NFS Underground 2, Splinter Cell, Outlaw Golf, a few Sims games, Spider-Man, Mario Sunshine (used to have Paper Mario as well), also have Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

And everyone told me "get a Wii, you can play your games on it!" They just don't understand why I wouldn't just toss away a perfectly fine console (2 working GC consoles, one dead).

He wants Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Titanfall. But I can only afford to get him two before Christmas, so Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall will have to do :D

Punisher said:
He wants Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Titanfall. But I can only afford to get him two before Christmas, so Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall will have to do :D

Sorry to dissapoint, but Titanfall is not a launch title for the XBOX One. You can still get him the other two games, they'll be available on day one, or so I think.

AnonymousMe said:
Punisher said:

Sorry to dissapoint, but Titanfall is not a launch title for the XBOX One. You can still get him the other two games, they'll be available on day one, or so I think.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p Thanks for letting me know :D

Senamian said:
Hahaha "love that band!" ;) If I were that teacher, when you left I would have died laughing at the fact it was so believable.

I have a random mix of games:

Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Prince of Persia Sands of Time... Need to find Prince of Persia Two Thrones. Also have a few racing games like NFS Underground 2, Splinter Cell, Outlaw Golf, a few Sims games, Spider-Man, Mario Sunshine (used to have Paper Mario as well), also have Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

And everyone told me "get a Wii, you can play your games on it!" They just don't understand why I wouldn't just toss away a perfectly fine console (2 working GC consoles, one dead).

=( You have some games I wish I had, especially Twilight Princess.

I have seen the game and for a GameCube title, the game is astonishingly phenomenal, but it was to be expected. After all, between the GameCube, PlayStation 2, XBOX and SEGA Dreamcast, Nintendo's console is the one that provided with the most powerful graphics, too bad that some games required two discs due to their size.

You should check out some games that the Wii has to offer. Despite being called a console for "little girls," there are some games that are really awesome, like Skyward Sword. The Legend of Zelda franchise never disappoints, except for the cheesy CD-i games -_- ugh...

I personally want the console for one game that no one knows it even exists: Ju-On: The Grudge. It is a horror game that, surprisingly, can be played with two people.
Too bad that no one else in my family is into games like me T_T

Anyway, check out the Wii's library if you want to, I'm sure you'll like something.

Punisher said:
AnonymousMe said:
Punisher said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p Thanks for letting me know :D

No problem :)

"I personally want the console for one game that no one knows it even exists: Ju-On: The Grudge. It is a horror game that, surprisingly, can be played with two people."

And now I must find it. :p I have not seen any real games for Wii (sorry, I classify "worth my time" as real games) in my area. I may have to look online, like I do with my Gamecube!

Heh, it's funny that I don't like tv and i dislike watching sports as well... I like video games but i always liked to play with others, but I didnt really have anyone to play with, I can't go a day without listening to music, I make myself happy by drawing or watching animations or make one by flipbook...! I write little weird short stories and keep them to make them into animations someday... I listen to rock music, my all time favorite band is Pink Floyd, but right know I'm listening to japanese tarditional music and I like animes too...
It's nice to know there's a person who likes and dislikes these stuff...:D

AnonymousMe said:
Punisher said:

This theads from a year ago I'm just wondering if you still get on this site anymore I just found this site I hope I don't get board of it

Latest posts

Back