What tracts or habits of yours do you think put people off?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
To get started:

I have no clue about why I (sometimes) put people off, and what part of my character or behavior achieves this effect. (if you know the answer, please be kind and send me a PM, don't shame me here)

So, here we go:

As an hypersensitive person I have trouble talking about daily things for too long, and probably I take life too seriously.

Sometimes I feel I act really strangely, because when I feel people are pulling away I try to adapt and not be needy, but that way I feel like I am blowing hot and cold all the time even if I don't want to.

what about you? part of the exercise is to be honest and think if that is really true.

I get attached very quickly to people and they mostly get very annoyed cus I'm clingy.

This is just a guess, because I'm not sure why people dislike me, but..... I'm negative sometimes, I'm a little too sensitive and I'm pretty boring.

I draw them in because I do ok socially and then hit the eject button, throwing them away because I can't let anyone get too close. Too many losses in childhood, too much constant change. I can't form bonds with non-family members unless it's a mate.

I smoke ... and I get bored with small talk, drama exhausts me, I get utterly annoyed with catty-ness, and absolutely cant stand gossipy-ness ... if I am around much of any of those I space out and appear to not be listening ;]

If I knew I'd change them. 90% of the time I have next to no idea why people react in certain ways, positive or negative. I sometimes avoid eye-contact and am reluctant to smile due to appearance consciousness.

I cannot communicate easily with people my age (25) because my interests and way of thinking are the traits of a much older person.

I'm too serious, not good with humor and joking repartee. My own versions of humor hardly ever come across as funny....it seems incomprehensible to most people.

Sci-Fi said:
I talk too much.

+1
I tend to do the same.
sometimes while i'm talking I can see it in peoples faces that I've rambled on too long.
I have been getting better at it though and keep things to myself more, although sometimes its not easy.
I tend to feel like a "man of few words" is a man of few thoughts. and it's all I can do to stop myself from elaborating on the topic of the moment.

I'm a naturally shy person with girls. It's something that's apparently very easy for them to pick up on, so indeed that it the main off-putting point of mine :D

Additionally, hmm I think as far as I know, most people seem to take liking to me as a friend. But I guess don't consider me to be super interesting or fun - so it never really goes past that.

Nevermind tho - I think it's time I second you on that drinking thing Sigma :D

I like to be left alone for long periods of time. People don't seem to understand that and think I'm weird. No I don't want to text you everyday, no I don't want to hang out every weekend.......

Oh well!

I'm too quiet. In social situations, I tend to only talk if someone talks to me first. Have REAL trouble in starting conversations (even online). Only really show my sense of humour to people I know and feel comfortable with. Tend to express how I feel either too much, or not enough (and whichever I do is never the right one apparently). I can be negative, although I know that comes a lot from the loneliness and rejection. And, since I don't drink or use drugs, don't have a great interest in music, don't have friends or relationships to ***** or talk about, I guess most people just find me pretty boring ....

Latest posts

Back