Curiosity Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiosity Question

• I'd rather talk to someone single.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • It doesn't bother me to talk to someone in a relationship.

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
F

ForGrantedWife

I'm just curious, are people less likely to talk to someone new regularly if that person already has a partner in real life? Do you prefer to chat with someone single over someone already taken? Please think about it for a second and then vote honestly. I'm wondering if people like to keep their options open and mostly chat with someone emotionally available over someone who's not available. You don't need to identify yourself by posting anything if you don't want to, but a vote would be appreciated. I'm curious about this.

I'm going to try and add on a poll if I can, never done it before. If I can't manage it, no need to reply :) I'm not that computer savvy, yikes.

Looks like you got it :)

I try not to talk to anybody directly, but sometimes I get weak and reach out, then wish I hadn't.

But to answer your question, I have no preference when it comes to relationship status.

Edit: Just saw the poll. Voted.

I don't mind talking to people who are single or unsingle (as I like to call it). Doesn't really matter either way.

khaoz_ferox said:
I try not to talk to anybody directly, but sometimes I get weak and reach out, then wish I hadn't.

But to answer your question, I have no preference when it comes to relationship status.

Reach out and wished you hadn't? Why is that? I'm always for "try, try again". The worst that can happen is they bow out. But with millions of people in the world, there's always more hon. I figure eventually one will stick, so to speak.

I'm in a relationship so I don't mind as I have nothing whispering in the back of my mind (not sure I'm expressing this right), I do find it much easier to talk to people, escpecially of the opposite sex as I'm not looking for anything beyond possible friendship.

Does that make sense?

I guess I'm trying to say I'm at ease and can talk to anyone! (I may not make any actual sense mind!)

I don't mind talking to someone in a relationship or single, as long as the person in question is a good conversationalist ;)

I was just wondering because a few of the conversations I've had with women have been short lived and I got the sense it was because I'm not male. It's not a guess, I can't say how I know but I do. I'm wondering if most people are secretly wanting to talk more to the opposite sex on these forums and people are less inclined to PM with someone of the same sex as a friend. And also if single people in general are less interested in talking to a married person. I've had two or three unmarried women completely rip my head off on here when I tried to talk to them or help them because they were unhappy (because of being alone I think). I guess it doesn't matter to them if someone is not in the greatest marriage. I got the feeling from what they said that they take it as "You're married and I'm not so shut up because that means you're not as lonely as I am!" to put it in the plainest terms. Being with someone no matter how imperfect it is qualifies me for alienation here possibly? What do you think?

It doesn't bother me to be honest, if we have a great conversation going and they have a girlfriend or boyfriend it doesn't matter. Everyone has different opinions on the matter. A year and a half ago, I had a boyfriend and I still felt lonely deep inside cause I had lots of insecurity issues and tend to beat myself over every little thing that I did.

I'll talk to anyone whether they're single or married. I didn't join the forum looking for a girlfriend though, I just wanted people to talk to.

It's interesting to note that 116 people have viewed this poll and only 8 have voted. I wonder why.

^^^Most of them were probably bots or google spiders or something.

...not actual members of the forum.

What the hell is that?!!! (imagines computerized spider robots taking over the world, runs screaming)

ForGrantedWife said:
It's interesting to note that 116 people have viewed this poll and only 8 have voted. I wonder why.

It's a normal ratio. For every thread there are usually 10-100 times more views than posts. Not everyone has something to contribute to every thread they read, obviously. I don't know if the view count includes guests, but if it does there are usually many more guests than members viewing the forum so they would rack up a bunch of views without being able to post/vote. Also, by bots and spiders he means the automated programs used by search engines to read web pages and index the information to allow users to easily search the web for content.

And it just goes to show that if you know absolutely nothing about technology, you should probably stay off of/away from it. Or else you find out Google is secretly reading your brain waves.

It depends what I'm looking for. A friend's wife is an old friend of mine as well. So we talk/text regularly and I enjoy it. There's no pressure and it really is a friendship.

At the same time, if a person is single then you can talk with the prospect of flirting and the such. Which can be very appealing for those looking for a relationship.

I don't care, not on this site looking for a girlfriend and it doesn't bother me if any females I talk to are in a relationship.

I'm not trying to find a man/woman type relationship in this forum, hence I'm glad to engage in a dialogue with single people and with people who are partners in a couple. People of either gender....or any gender if it comes to that.

I am looking for a few insights, and maybe a little shared experience in being a human being in a sometimes baffling life.

Something humorous would be good, but my sense of humor isn't very quick I'm afraid.

Due to time constraints, I don't really talk to anyone on a "regular" basis, but if I did, their relationship status wouldn't even factor in.

Latest posts

Back