Update on lazy teacher.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
The assignments that i've done a while back, still have zeros for them and an F in the class. So does my friend. She hasn't graded anything or something is wrong. Emailed the teacher about it and I'm about to email her again lol.

Talked to my friend who said he spoke with his parents who aren't very happy. He told me his mom emailed the teacher as well as administration. He also told me his friend's parents has also emailed administration.

I feel like now I have some people who are complaining, shouldn't I do the same? Problem is, my mom knows like NO english, and my dad is out of my life. I'm on my own with this.

I'm just completely clueless as to who I should email and what I should even say. I know that I should do SOMETHING about it but there's like a million things to say. Kind of makes me feel sad that everyone else has their parents to back them up while I'm on my own :(. Nonetheless, never a better time to learn isn't it? I'm sure i'll be encountering situations like this many more times in my life.

How do you guys suggest I go about this? Principal? Assistant principal? Counselor? What should I say and how should I open up the email and close it?

I don't wanna send an email to someone who won't care and then turns out to be a friend of my teacher and tells her about my email. I'm 1000% certain that the issue in this class is the teacher, not the students. Other people whom I've spoken with are saying it's my fault and I should maybe just stop talking and try to focus more. God, I wish they could just sit in the class for a minute. She literally DOES NOT GIVE A CRAP. I asked her to go to the bathroom today and she didn't even look at me.

I think emails won't do the trick, neither from you nor from your classmates' parents, a face to face encounter with your counselor or assistant principal will show them that you mean business, and since schools respect hierarchy, you shouldn't go directly to the principal. The assistant principal will transfer the matter to him after you've told him, but I think the way to go is go to the Councillor first, ask him to help you on what to say to the assistant principal exactly and then go to him, not only you but the parents of your classmates as well, the more people that show up the more seriously the matter will be taken into consideration.

Any advice on what I should say though?

Should I be like, I'm having issues with Mrs ______. She's apathetic, lazy and whatever? No idea on what I should say. I'm alone on this like I said plus I've never had to do this in my life before. Never had a teacher like this.

You will accuse her, but not insult her, if you know what I mean. You can say that you feel that she is showing signs of indifference towards her work, and the whole class doesn't feel confidence in her skills and grading. If you were alone in this, it would be hard, but the more the protestants the more seriously the issue will be taken, so try to initiate an organized visit to the assistant principal, in which as many parents and classmates of yours possible will participate. As the old saying goes: "Strength in numbers". Don't be afraid for any consequences, because the right is on your side.

First of thank you for your advice. I really appreciate the help seeker!

So far, I'm 100% certain AT LEAST 50% of the class feels the same way I do towards her. So far only 2 student's parent's have emailed her however. I'm not sure if they're planning principal visits soon but from what I know one of their parent's knows some administrators at the school. Some of the students who have trouble in her class honestly do not care about the class. I don't know if that's how they are in all of their classes but they legit just don't care anymore, and it shows.

I'm going to try and go to my counselor and see what she says. You think it's possible that counselors or administration might start questioning people from my class about the teacher? Should I mention that I'm not the ONLY one with issues in her class? I know if people started questioning some students in my class there will be a lot who will say she isn't doing her job.

Hmm, I dont know how your school works, and Im going to assume youre in high school? But, when I was in h.s., when someone complained about the teacher they would usually have an administrator sit in class. Its been some years since then though. I would think that a student taking the initiative to complain and actually want to learn would be enough to warrant some kind of action. I dont think emailing the teacher would be enough, who knows, they might just be ignoring the emails. Maybe the teacher is having some kind of personal issue thats affecting her work, and bringing it up to a counselor or administrator might actually be a good thing.

Having an administrator sitting in class was pretty common in elementary and middle school, but for high school I rarely see it much. It doesn't really combat the problem of a lazy teacher that much. It's not hard for the teacher to just change her attitude and tone when the administrator is in the classroom is it?

thats true, and it usually happened when they did come in. Idk, in my high school, we were part of a poor school district, so there was constantly administrators watching through the door window or sitting in. I guess the best thing to do as previously mentioned would be to talk to a counselor. Maybe even have your friends whos parents emailed the teacher come with you too? Either way, I hope something can be done. It sounds like a very frustrating situation to be in. :/

The counselor is there for you. My mom works as a sort of counselor for high school students, and I know that everything is kept private.

Is this teacher lazy, or mean? If they are mean, I would probably try to let someone else handle it, but if they are just forgetful, that doesn't mean they are a bad person. Teachers are human, and make human mistakes.

GrannySmith111 said:
You think it's possible that counselors or administration might start questioning people from my class about the teacher? Should I mention that I'm not the ONLY one with issues in her class? I know if people started questioning some students in my class there will be a lot who will say she isn't doing her job.

If they are doing their job right, the very first thing they should do is question students from the class. But, it's better not to mention other student's names if you ask me, you may involve some people that don't really want to be exposed and there may be misunderstandings between you. Just let every student stick to his own issues with the teacher, the important thing is that if everyone has issues with her it will be apparent.

Emailed counselor who then spoke with me today. I told her everything. General theme being she just seems unconcerned about teaching, doesn't care and she even covered her ears one time when I asked her a question (true story lol).

Couneslor said she would be speaking with her supervisor aobut this, and it may come down to me having a talk with the supervisor and the teacher.

Only thing I am nervous about now is, me and my friend are the only people so far who have complained. I've asked several students from my class who feel the same way, but I guess they don't feel the need to go to administration about it. They tell me that administration won't do anything.

During my conference with the lazy teacher and her supervisor, what should I say? Should I just put everything on the table? My counselor said that she should not be grading subjectively like she is. The class itself, is supposed to be an easy A and she should be grading your work. She also said that pre assessments usually aren't graded. She basically agreed with everything I said, not sure if it's just because that's her job as a counselor though.

Latest posts

Back