Suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian7

Reaction score
I've recently lost the love of my life she no longer has interest in me and am now so depressed to the point I've dropped out of college because my grades were all failing due to me not being able to care about anything else but her. I thought the break would be a time to help myself heal but that hasn't worked. I can't find a job my parents are so disappointed in all I've become my father says I'm useless and I've no other plans in life. I've tried to keep hope but being 20 and that being the only girl things have actually semi went well with I have lost all hope in everything. I no longer want to feel this way. Is suicide the answer? Please help.

No, definitely not.
Positive thinking, introspection, priotirization, self-help literature, talk therapy and some work on your self-esteem. you`ll find other suggestions on this forum.
Btw: Welcome to the site. :)

No. Suicide is not the answer. The answer is to find ways to distract yourself: Get back into school and work hard even if you don't want to, concentrate on the job hunt if school isn't possible right now, spend time with friends or family, and do things you used to enjoy. Wait patiently for the pain to lessen. It will lessen. Being sad over the break-up is fine, but don't dwell on it either.

It seems that I went to being so happy to the lowest point I've ever been and nothing I do can overcome these thoughts in my head.

Dude, come on, you are only 20! It's still waaay too early in your life and you have soo much time to make up for lost time! You can retry college if that's what you want to do, there is still plenty of time to get your degree. In the process, you may meet positive people there that will help you through this and, why not, a new girl that will take your mind off the old one. You are at the perfect age where life is full of possibilities, all you have to do is master the courage to change your life for the better, but don't give up just yet, trust me on that, time really is the best doctor and life turns around in the blink of an eye sometimes. :D

Besides, if you really do consider that you are at the lowest point, it's another reason to give it another chance, you have nothing to lose anymore, but much to gain!

Brian7 said:
It seems that I went to being so happy to the lowest point I've ever been and nothing I do can overcome these thoughts in my head.

Some of us have gone through something similar. I did too.. believe me, I couldn't even see the light at the end of the tunnel, I really thought it was the end of the world.

But push yourself to keep going. Suicide isn't the answer. Please don't do it. Talk to us here.

No, life is oppurtunity. You are hurting now, but who can say what lies ahead. That is not the answer.

Hang in there and keep posting, try the chat room. You can survive.

Hey, what are you talking about.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
Send me via PM your home address, I'll send you a postcard, and no matter how far you live.
If I were 20 now... Oh, come on!
All doors are opened for you!

Brian7 said:

[video=youtube]

Like AlexChristy said, you are not alone, Brian7! We`re here, just stretch your arm and grasp our help. (Hug)
Group252520Hug252520Smiley.png

"Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them." (Kant)

OK Brian7, suicide at age 20 over a breakup with your girlfriend is unacceptable. Listen to this, you're probably not going to feel better any time soon so tough it out and just tell yourself, "This will pass and when it does, I'm still going to be here."

The old cliche is true.....you're thinking about a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Your agony will pass and when it has, you'll be a stronger guy. All the issues you mention can be resolved: school, a career, the opinion of your parents......So just be tougher than your problems and do not surrender. There is no surrender! There is no giving up!

In the short run, what I would do, and have done in similar circumstances, is accomplish what is currently doable even if it seems relatively trivial: You have to eat, so eat reasonably well; the bills and rent need to be paid, so do that; your personal grooming and appearance are what other people see, so look as good as you reasonably can, even if you feel like honeysuckle; you're a citizen of your country so be aware of the news and issues.......Essentially, you are a living man, so act alive! Any part of all that unclear to you?

Brian7 said:
Is suicide the answer? Please help.

Only if what you want is to not be bothered by any of this anymore. But, then, you have to ask yourself, is oblivion really preferable?

If what you want is to live a better life, then, its pretty simple, no. If you are dead, there is no opportunity of any kind. As long as you are alive, your situation has the possibility to change. Till then, you should realize that just livin' life ain't so bad. On the love thing, you've managed to get one girlfriend, that is more than a lot of guys here. And, it shows that you can possibly get another. On the question of college, give yourself some time to breath. Eventually, you'll get too bored, and you'll be ready to recommit. Really, none of that is a guarantee, but they are distinct possibilities. In my book, reason enough to keep living. Finally, I've been in your situation before. Rock bottom, that is. Trust me, before long you'll start to feel better. It just happens.

Brian7 said:
I've recently lost the love of my life she no longer has interest in me and am now so depressed to the point I've dropped out of college because my grades were all failing due to me not being able to care about anything else but her. I thought the break would be a time to help myself heal but that hasn't worked. I can't find a job my parents are so disappointed in all I've become my father says I'm useless and I've no other plans in life. I've tried to keep hope but being 20 and that being the only girl things have actually semi went well with I have lost all hope in everything. I no longer want to feel this way. Is suicide the answer? Please help.

See a doctor and get on antidepressants immediately.

I DO know how you feel 10000000000%, because I was where you are now 3 years ago. I wanted to end it all, I felt my life had no purpose without her, and I did feel a large essential part of me missing. I took myself to a clinic because while I did want to die, I was still fighting the urge.

I urge you do not go through with this and DO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. We cannot help you beyond discouragement from doing so.

Brian7, I applaud you for having the courage to seek advice regarding your situation about feeling stuck in life and things just not going the way we wanted. For one, as a fellow, young, 21 year old college (University in Australia) student, I can definitely relate to your situation of failing as I've failed multiple subjects out of lazyness and motivation towards getting my degree. However, I'm fortunate enough to still be in university with enough progress and self-determination being made towards getting the degree. So if anything, I've been learning to get the better of myself from the fails I've experienced and to see them as stepping stones towards better things to come.

Considering that you've dropped out, it's certainly not too late to get back into studies as long as you've learned something from those previous fails, which has set you out of college in the first place. Persistence towards wanting to achieve something worthwhile can go a long way after all and no matter how many people put you down along the way due to setbacks, just keep on fighting, have that self-belief and you can make it I say. People's opinions of us are mainly out of our control and really, we just have to weather the storm as we go forward to achieve our goals :).

As far as love life goes, well you're doing a lot better than me and many others having had 1 girlfriend so that should give you enough experience and confidence to find someone wonderfully alike later on in the future. I do wish you all the best and at the end of the day, if we want something worthwhile, we do have to fight for it.

Whomever it concerns: What would be your chosen method of committing suicide? Kinda wondering because I was thinking about this again today.

daughter of the moon said:
Whomever it concerns: What would be your chosen method of committing suicide? Kinda wondering because I was thinking about this again today.

Old age.

I'm so against this, please get help if you need it, post here, try the chat room.

Please.

Edward W said:

Old age.

I'm so against this, please get help if you need it, post here, try the chat room.

Please.

+1
I`m against discussing such methods. If there`s a problem, then, what Edward said.
Why these thoughts, daughter of the moon? (beautiful name) :)

Anything quick and painless. However, if you have already reached the point, when you're thinking about it, it's also the best moment to think about the life again. If you lost all your hope, nothing worse can happen anymore. You may start to recollect the best memories from the past and think that whatever happens in the future will be better, because it will. There will be moments of doubt again, but death is always our option which we should not overuse. I think that freedom of avoiding or decision to postpone it is always better than the freedom it brings, because the later brings a lot of suffering to those around you.

I may not know you, but I would miss you like I do miss people who disappear from my life whether they are close to me or not, whether they are my friends, patients or nameless people mentioned in newspapers. Seeing someone leaving is my personal defeat and it does hurt.

Well, I’m not against suicide, but rest assured everybody, I’m firstly a coward, secondly stubborn, and thirdly – my single best character trait – I always regain new hope.
Not to mention I couldn’t live with myself (or die with myself, har har har) knowing there’s at least one person out there that I would cause pain by killing myself.

Just wanted to point out right quick that discussion of suicide methods is highly frowned upon on this forum.

Others have been banned for it in the past, and rightly so.

If suicide is truly a continuing thought in your mind, I'd suggest visiting one of the sites below:

http://suicidehotlines.com/
www.crisistextline.org/
www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back