I like a girl and I think I have a chance.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
So here's the story. Since this year I'm attending a very good and awesome art academy. This week all the years are having huge projects; it's not mandatory. Our year has a huge building (around 2500 square meters, 26909.8 square feet according to Google) to work in with lots of big, and small rooms, beamers, material; we can do whatever we want from 6 in the morning till midnight. As I said, it's not mandatory. We have about 80 people in the first year, and there's a group of about 15 people who stays the whole day to take advantage, during the day we work, after 7 we have dinner, beer, wine, movies, some fun small art projects we make up ourselves. Usually no teachers, just a congierge and a gaurd who closes the building at 12 o clock (on friday we have the building for 24 hours to throw a party). It's probably the most fun thing I've ever done. Everything is allowed.

I usually don't really hang out with people from other classes, but now the 15 of us (from different classes) are getting kinda close. On monday I met this girl, a really nice, beautiful French girl. I think I'm starting to like her, and I think she likes me back. This time I won't make the same mistakes, just grow some balls, kiss her. I'm pretty sure I'm doing well, she sits with me (in private), we talk a lot, she looks at me a lot, we smoke together, have fun together. I make her laugh, have some serious conversations, but not too much because I don't want to be friendzoned.

As some of you might know I've liked a girl for (over) 2 years, and this is the first time I totally forgot about her, and I'd rather have this French girl than the girl I liked for so long.

To be honest, I gave up hope on love in general... But this... Even if it doesn't work out, I know there's always hope. Never forget that people. I'll keep you up to date.

Cheers.

I wish you the best of luck, I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks everyone.

I haven't seen her since wednesday, she was sick on thursday and friday. I have spoken her on facebook though, and we're planning to have some dinner with a group of people from the academy tomorrow, so then I'll see her again.

Good luck!

BTW, I keep seeing the thread title and hear the song, 'I kissed a girl and I liked it' in my head each time :p

wait, do you mean youre just going to kiss her out of nowhere? if thats what you mean, i would advise against that. i had an experience where i did like a guy and he liked me too but he kissed me without my permission and i felt like we were on different levels of comfort and it just was a big mess. it reminded me of the fifth element, "Never without my permission" ;P who knows, maybe shell be down for it, but is it worth taking a chance? only you would know, i guess. best of luck to you sir!

maidendeth said:
wait, do you mean youre just going to kiss her out of nowhere? if thats what you mean, i would advise against that. i had an experience where i did like a guy and he liked me too but he kissed me without my permission and i felt like we were on different levels of comfort and it just was a big mess. it reminded me of the fifth element, "Never without my permission" ;P who knows, maybe shell be down for it, but is it worth taking a chance? only you would know, i guess. best of luck to you sir!

If you are referring to my post I think you mis-understood me.

I simply meant each time I read the thread title, in my head I hear that sone 'I kissed a girl', beacuse it's kinda similar? Or thats just how my brain / associations works.

I think if I started kissing random girls my wife would be a tad mad... :p

maidendeth said:

No ofcourse not out of nowhere :p. I'll just try to create the opportunity. It's kind of annoying that I'm not in her class, but I usually see her before/after class and we talk a little. She always smiles to me really sweet. After all the things I did wrong in my life with girls I won't do these things again. I'm almost entirely sure I have a chance here. I just need to create an opportunity, I won't wait too long, and if I have to, I'll go out of my comfort zone to do so.

E: The reason why I said "I'll just kiss her" is that with the last girl I was "in love" with for about 2 years (didn't work out, sadly) I have had my chances, but I was just too much of a pussy to take them. Now I look back at it (now I'm absolutely sure I don't have any strong feelings for her anymore), I'm sure I just messed it up myself. I misread signs and was overthinking the whole thing. This time I won't do it. As I said, I'm quite sure she's attracted to me too, I'm not overthinking it, and I'm cool with the consequences if it goes wrong. I think the best thing about this is that this proves I can get over people. I never thought I'd get over the girl I liked for so long, I was always comparing other girls to her, and trying to find girls that were similar. Even though I didn't like to admit it, I sometimes projected my love for her on other girls who were interested in me, because deep down inside I knew I just wanted her and nobody else. This time it's different, I hardly think of this other girl anymore, I'm starting to actually like the french girl.

We kissed a while ago, but she's not the right girl for me. I'm happy where I am now, "lovelife" wise. I don't really like anyone anymore, and I don't really mind that either.

Interesting situation, it reminds me of how I've felt strong feelings for a girl for 2 years and really liked other girls as well.

I fell in love with somebody but she's been in a relationship ever since, it's so hard to try to let go, but I feel I am nearly there. Then there's a few girls I like, I see one very often, she seems to get more gorgeous every time I see her. I don't think she likes me though.

So I can defo relate to you aspalas, and best of luck

aspalas said:
We kissed a while ago, but she's not the right girl for me. I'm happy where I am now, "lovelife" wise. I don't really like anyone anymore, and I don't really mind that either.

How do you know she wasnt the right girl for you? You seemed quite into her from your previous posts... Was it the kiss? Im just curious...

Broken_n_Lost said:
How do you know she wasnt the right girl for you? You seemed quite into her from your previous posts... Was it the kiss? Im just curious...

I'm wondering the same thing... I have been here a little while now, and find it a little dismaying or perhaps "curious" that every time one of these threads comes about, the OP comes back to report the whole thing fizzled out quickly.

Batman55 said:
Broken_n_Lost said:

I'm wondering the same thing... I have been here a little while now, and find it a little dismaying or perhaps "curious" that every time one of these threads comes about, the OP comes back to report the whole thing fizzled out quickly.

That's what I mean, why does things fizzle out? I mean it is the connection, although there was one initially, is the after effect of seeing someone? Im just a bit lost...

Well, I don't really know... I'm just in a very complicated and messed up situation right now. At this moment I don't really feel anything for her anymore... I told you about this girl I liked for about 2 years, and I'm pretty sure I just "used" this french girl as someone to "forget" her (which isn't working by the way). Last night I actually saw this girl I liked so much walking with some guy, and I feel absolutely devastated right now. I'm pretty sure I'm still in love with her. I've had a coffee with her a week ago and at that moment I knew I kind of still liked her, but I just kept denying it... Now I've seen her walking (which was way too coincidental in my opinion), I know I still like her. I decided to just never see her again. I've tried this before, and when I thought I was ready to just be friends I'd usually start talking to her, or she'd talk to me occasionally.

I blocked her on whatsapp, facebook and phone, I'ts just for the best I guess. I have to move on before I can even think of having feelings for someone else.

E: Anyway, I'm just going to focus on other things in my life that are important to me. My education, family and friends. Looking for love is a useless waste of time for me right now.

Latest posts

Back