9559 days of waking up alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Reaction score
Morning! I wish I could say it's nice to be here but actually I don't think anybody should be lonely enough to need support from strangers. It hurts real bad and I just want to say that I sympathise with all of you. :'(

Yeah, that's exactly it. The mere thought that there has to be a forum where lonely people gather....

Wow, that's 26 years, more than my age even, and yeah i also agree, no one should be that lonely, and yet here we are...

It's weird though. I have to admit that the more I browse this forum, the worse I feel.... :(

I don't know, but reading all these various things makes me even more miserable :-/

(thanks for asking though, I actually wasn't expecting anyone to react)

You mean of the problems other people face on this forum?

Well, I hope that interacting with some nice members here will make you feel better. :)

Ah no, not because of other people's problems. I can't really put in words why because I don't entirely understand it myself. I guess a part of me sees you guys interact with each other, and I'm new here, so I feel kinda detached.
Also, everybody's post is like a cry for help, and so are mine. I just wish there was someone who'd truly care about me, but there's no one.

Hey, there's always a start for everyone. When I first joined I felt weird too in posting around because I didn't know anyone. Don't worry about it, just post whenever you feel like, people here are generally quite nice and friendly. And I do care about you, dotm. (I know that might sound creepy, but I do care about people and any living thing in general. :D )

Well, that is pretty darn sweet of you ~ thanks!

On the other hand, you say you care about me - but if I unregistered today, you wouldn't even remember me two days from now.

daughter of the moon said:
Well, that is pretty darn sweet of you ~ thanks!

On the other hand, you say you care about me - but if I unregistered today, you wouldn't even remember me two days from now.

Yeah it would be difficult since I haven't gotten to know you or have any other form of contact from you, but I would remember you, yes. I always notice who unregisters and who's not around much anymore.. some I do try to keep in touch but some I can't cos of the limitations.

:)

Yeah, that's exactly it. The mere thought that there has to be a forum where lonely people gather....

it would be worst if there was no forum

a lonely person said:

it would be worst if there was no forum

Yes, all the lonely people would simply gather at McDonald's :D

As long as there is a place like this for people to come to we are never truly alone. This site, which should be unnecessary is needed more and more in today's world. Everyone here shares a common thread, the loneliness we feel no matter what form it comes in. Grant you chatting with people on a forum over the internet isn't the same as face to face contact but without it we would have no one to reach out to, people who understand and can relate to how we feel. So for that, no matter how many days we wake up feeling alone, I'm grateful this place exists.

Sci-Fi said:
As long as there is a place like this for people to come to we are never truly alone. This site, which should be unnecessary is needed more and more in today's world. Everyone here shares a common thread, the loneliness we feel no matter what form it comes in. Grant you chatting with people on a forum over the internet isn't the same as face to face contact but without it we would have no one to reach out to, people who understand and can relate to how we feel. So for that, no matter how many days we wake up feeling alone, I'm grateful this place exists.

+1

I agree with Sci Fi. Without this site, I would feel even lonelier. Coming here also makes me feel 'normal.' The problem with loneliness is that it can feel so awful that you start to wonder if you are mentally ill as the thoughts and feelings it brings are so devastating. Coming here and seeing that many others have the same thoughts and feelings makes me feel that maybe I am not so odd.

Tiina63 said:
I agree with Sci Fi. Without this site, I would feel even lonelier. Coming here also makes me feel 'normal.' The problem with loneliness is that it can feel so awful that you start to wonder if you are mentally ill as the thoughts and feelings it brings are so devastating. Coming here and seeing that many others have the same thoughts and feelings makes me feel that maybe I am not so odd.

before the days of the internet, I thought it was just me. Everybody around me had friends, partners. I felt so alone.

To add to Sci-Fi's reply, it's better to have this forum than have nothing at all. I have been posting here regularly for about 2 months, and already made 4 friends and found a way to express my thoughts and help people so, yeah. I owe this forum a lot :)

Latest posts

Back