Wanting girlfriend can ruin your days

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawx79

Reaction score
Really, one must stop doing it. Its when you don't want a girlfriend as prime necessity when your everyday life is much more enjoyable.
At least it is for me, I just stopped longing for a girlfriend, and now i enjoy my days much more.

How do you just stop?

I mean, aside from the emotional aspects, you also have sexual urges as well.

I just stopped beating myself up (bad pun, haha) over not having a girlfriend, and I felt better.

^LOL

Wanting and longing for one isn't going to get you one anyway.

Not completely, LOL.

But yeah, you can look at a girl, and she can be your type. But that doesn't mean she will think she's your type. There have to be two people involved in a relationship, not just one.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Not completely, LOL.

But yeah, you can look at a girl, and she can be your type. But that doesn't mean she will think she's your type. There have to be two people involved in a relationship, not just one.

I'm curious why you didn't say *she will think you're her type*. Sure some people do actually consider what they have to offer someone, but don't most think about what's right for themselves first?

murmi97 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Not completely, LOL.

I'm curious why you didn't say *she will think you're her type*. Sure some people do actually consider what they have to offer someone, but don't most think about what's right for themselves first?

That's what I was thinking, murmi. I think people with low self-esteem would say it that way first. Not sure if that's what he was talking about. If I saw someone I liked I would probably first think I'm not his type instead of the other way around.

Hawx79 said:
Really, one must stop doing it. Its when you don't want a girlfriend as prime necessity when your everyday life is much more enjoyable.
At least it is for me, I just stopped longing for a girlfriend, and now i enjoy my days much more.

I agree

Barring the bad haircut, and the clothes, this is me.

10632584-nerd-or-geek-businessman-or-it-professional-super-hero-on-white.jpg

Not many people like that type.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Barring the bad haircut, and the clothes, this is me.

10632584-nerd-or-geek-businessman-or-it-professional-super-hero-on-white.jpg

Not many people like that type.

I think suspenders are sexy. I just want to snap them! :p

I envy you if you truly don't long for a girlfriend. After my fiancée left all I did was go out with a bunch of random women hoping one would care about me.

Wanting a girlfriend and not doing anything to make it happen is a recipe for pain. Sure, you probably would be happier temporarily if you can just forget about girls and let go of your desire for a girlfriend.

But don't you worry about missing out? In 30 years, do you really want to be saying what if I'd actively tried to improve my skills with women and got a girlfriend when I was younger?

I don't want to say 'what if' in 30 years, I don't want to miss out on all the great experiences I could have with girls. So I'm doing something about it.

I'm also keeping a journal about it. Check it out: http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29964

The thing is, though, for me without longing or wanting, it removes the motivation to try...

So in short if I have no desire for it, I believe it's less likely that I'll want to do anything to improve myself. Everyone says self-improvement is the ticket to getting a significant other--in other words as long as you try, you'll eventually get what you're looking for. You get what you put in, it's a rule of life, and attaining a relationship is no different.

However one poster made a good point, you do have to stop beating yourself up about it--in other words, don't let the lack of romance lead to self-loathing. And that's something I've already done, at least.

I agree but after seeing my life go into meltdown again all I dream of is finding somebody. I have feelings for a girl and I have a crush on some girls (including a woman who reports on sky sports lol)

My confidence is messed so I have no idea how to apply that mindset, it would help but mylife is so crap

bender22 said:
Wanting a girlfriend and not doing anything to make it happen is a recipe for pain. Sure, you probably would be happier temporarily if you can just forget about girls and let go of your desire for a girlfriend.

But don't you worry about missing out? In 30 years, do you really want to be saying what if I'd actively tried to improve my skills with women and got a girlfriend when I was younger?

I don't want to say 'what if' in 30 years, I don't want to miss out on all the great experiences I could have with girls. So I'm doing something about it.

I'm also keeping a journal about it. Check it out: http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=29964

No "what if's" for me cause I already tried for long time and it really messed me up in the end. Now that I don't "look" anymore I have much less stress in my daily life and enjoying it.
Besides one must not forget that being alone has its benefits as well, especially as an introvert like me for example.

Women are overrated. Thats what ur hand and animals r for.

Drew88 said:
murmi97 said:
Drew88 said:

Why not try men if that's the way you feel?

You're funny

If I read one more comment like this from you expect a vacation.
Who do you think you are to post these kinds of comments against an entire sex due to your own bitterness?? As I said in my other post, women ( and men) can easily pick up on that crappy attitude of yours. You will NOT be allowed to verbally abuse members here simply because they have a god **** vagina.
Consider this your only warning.

EveWasFramed said:
Drew88 said:
murmi97 said:
Drew88 said:

Why not try men if that's the way you feel?

You're funny

If I read one more comment like this from you expect a vacation.
Who do you think you are to post these kinds of comments against an entire sex due to your own bitterness?? As I said in my other post, women ( and men) can easily pick up on that crappy attitude of yours. You will NOT be allowed to verbally abuse members here simply because they have a god **** vagina.
Consider this your only warning.

O, Looks like I got somebody flared up o_O. Taking things a little personal aren't we?
I consider myself Warned and censored, Do your worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back