Are you tying your shoes wrong?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
Everyone knows how to tie shoelaces. Most of us have known since we were a little kid.

For some reason throughout my whole life, my shoelaces have at some point,come untied. Also, my shoelace knots have always looked like crap. Instead of that perfect straight knot you'd expect, my knots were always everywhere.

I recently found the solution to all of these problems right here. This one SIMPLE change to how I tie my shoes has changed my life :D.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/grannyknot.htm

If you're wondering why your knot looks like crap, why your knot always twists, why it always sits vertical to your shoe, and why it always comes UNDONE, this is the answer!!!!

A lot of you will probably not care or you will have already known this. Just thought I should share this with you in case you've been clueless just like me :).

Always my right shoe comes undone so easily but never my left one. And I'm doing it right, because they are always laying across, and not "heel to toe".

If you're doing it wrong or you're confused, I highly encourage you to take the time and learn. I know it sounds stupid, but such an insignificant thing has made my life so much better.

If you don't understand how to do it, use his granny knot analyzer, or watch a video on youtube. Took me a few ties, but once I learned how to tie my laces right, it felt so good!

You don't need clips or anything to keep them tied, a simple change to the way you tie your shoes will keep them tied throughout the whole day if you do it right.

I was wrong, both of my shoes I tie in a granny knot, yet for some reason my right shoe unties but never the left.

Minus said:
As near as i can determine i am using the "Standard Shoelace Knot" but they still come untied a little too often. Yeah that should be it because another way to get the same knot they call the "Two Loop Shoelace Knot ".

If your starting knot and finishing knot are the same it's unbalanced and will look ugly like a granny knot. You need to balance the two out.

Sci-Fi said:
Shhh don't tell everyone. LOL :p I would love to buy velcro shoes if they didn't look so lame for adults to wear.

Yeah me to, only because I'm lazy and think it's an inconvenience!

GrannySmith111 said:
If your starting knot and finishing knot are the same it's unbalanced and will look ugly like a granny knot. You need to balance the two out.

f_ru9y_5ea_u8yfi.gif

I don't start with a knot, just a lace, and only end up with one knot so i would guess i have no starting knot to balance? Too confusing for me.

Sci-Fi said:
...I would love to buy velcro shoes if they didn't look so lame for adults to wear.

I didn't realize there was something wrong with them but it sounds like a good idea to me.

When you criss cross the two laces, that's one knot. Then, you wrap one lace around the other loop for a second "knot".

I'm sure you know what I mean :/

GrannySmith111 said:
When you criss cross the two laces, that's one knot. Then, you wrap one lace around the other loop for a second "knot".

I'm sure you know what I mean :/

No, i didn't consider crossing two laces to be a knot, only the beginning of making an single knot. Now i think i know what you meant.

Latest posts

Back