my friend is feeling like this.. what shall i do to help her?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryN

Reaction score
well thing is, she is "just" feeling lonely
ive asked her personally whats bothering her that why is she's feeling so lonely
and all i get is i dont know why..
now ive pushed the buttons as well tried everything
and she is one of my close friends now so i know even she aint lying about it,
i know its really hurting her but all she says is just dont know
and it hurts like there is an empty space in her heart even after there has been no love equation or any drug usage none at all and thats what surprising me
like i know most of all of the things about her now
and in short all i can describe about her is
she is 15 and despite of loneliness since childhood that she has been facing
she has been doing many things and still doing them like,
gym, motocross, volleyball, into reading, sketching and many more
she even told, she cant sleep sometimes and gets breakdowns
plus randomly gets depressed and cries
now ive been there to support and help her out of this mess
but this aint helping at all instead i feel like im troubling her
cant tell to parents either because parents dont cooperate much
has little baby brother and she is the one of the oldest
with responsibilities, she is a strong gilr no doubt and is funny
all those things dont happen everyday but they happen frequently
now they have moved recently here so now ik about her well

this is how she describes herself
listens to it and tells every word of it is true and fits her
[video=youtube]

i care a lot so i want to help, thats my nature
and im looking for best possible solutions for it here if i can get any
ive recommended to visit a psychiatrist but she cant go and let that know to her parents
because her aunt was a nut case, locked herself up and tried to hurt herself on and on
this could be biological as i see, she has no reason for it to feel that pain and loneliness
but then its just an assumption and if that thing parents get to know, she would be sent to an asylum like her aunt
that what she fears i wouldnt blame her for that but what now
please i need your reviews on this thank you

NOO WAAYY.. i have a young female friend down the street that literally just showed me this record a few hours ago, and described how its some of the most real honeysuckle she's ever heard, and broke down herself hearing a couple of the songs for the first time. your friend has a good heart. .. she also sounds overwhelmed- but definitely has a moment or two to develop a good taste in music..

[EDIT] youre obviously a good friend of hers. help her anyway you can. help her get a break; sometimes its worlds just to make sure some one knows youre there for them.

Hmm... interesting. The girl I know had this same feeling. Would just get this complete feeling of being unfulfilled in life, with an emptiness inside her. She constantly had a feeling of loneliness, felt terrible, depressed, and emphasized this quote, "And in the end, we were all just humans...Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

She eventually moved on became a very wild college kid who focuses on trying to fill that hole with alcohol, sex, and just anything deemed fun. I feel bad for her, because in some ways I know she's a girl just trying to fulfill this ideal of happiness and being loved.

How can you help her? I have no idea. Sometimes the only thing you can do is be there and support her however you can.

lostatsea said:
Hmm... interesting. The girl I know had this same feeling. Would just get this complete feeling of being unfulfilled in life, with an emptiness inside her. She constantly had a feeling of loneliness, felt terrible, depressed, and emphasized this quote, "And in the end, we were all just humans...Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

She eventually moved on became a very wild college kid who focuses on trying to fill that hole with alcohol, sex, and just anything deemed fun. I feel bad for her, because in some ways I know she's a girl just trying to fulfill this ideal of happiness and being loved.

How can you help her? I have no idea. Sometimes the only thing you can do is be there and support her however you can.

well thats what im trying to do best, but what else can i do?
is there nothing, any other option or something that can help her out?
because the way she hates that and yet want to be left alone at time while feeling loneliness i really get worried about her..

hi Harry, it sounds to me like you're doing the right thing.
When we feel lonely or depressed usually a good friend cannot take this feeling away. Still it's much better to be lonely and sad with a friend then without one.

if you feel like you're troubling her just ask her. I had been depressed and asked my mother to call a lot and she said she doesn't want to trouble me and I said she doesn't, even if I sound annoyed, it just helps knowing someone out there cares for you.

You offered her the option of treatment and that's great. She might do it one day if she chooses just let her know you support her no matter what she decides. Knowing someone cares makes a huge difference when we can't get out of bed in the morning. she's lucky to have a friend like you.

thanks for all your help but as i see its not going to work anymore
her parents dont want to see me around because im too old -_- and could be bad influence to her
she has been troubled according to her parents
so thank you all for your help
ill try if i could work out anything here to help her :)

Latest posts

Back