Bored and Restless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsp

Reaction score
I go through phases of being satisfied with my loneliness and then not so satisfied, with feelings of restlessness and boredom.

I'm now in the boredom phase.

I know I should get some hobbies or new targets, but I'm just to cynical... I know that I will lose interest in anything new soon enough..

hsp said:
I go through phases of being satisfied with my loneliness and then not so satisfied, with feelings of restlessness and boredom.

I'm now in the boredom phase.

I know I should get some hobbies or new targets, but I'm just to cynical... I know that I will lose interest in anything new soon enough..

I get like that sometimes. It's awful. My best advice is to revisit some of the things that you got tired of previously. It's worked for me on occasion.

Life seems to have a way of knocking you on your ass when you least expect it. Only thing you can really do is get back up and try again. Revisiting old enjoyments and/or finding something new sound like good places to start.

I've got taping and mudding in the basement if you need stimulation :D

When life knocks you down, you have to push it back harder! I get how you feel though, im pretty much the same. I'm sometimes content with my loneliness or me being alone, then I get bored or depressed and the cycle continues over and over like that. Over time Ive improved and my happiness lasts longer. But what's worked for me is to try to keep yourself busy. Find a job, a hobby, anything!

RandomNotCrazy said:
Life seems to have a way of knocking you on your ass when you least expect it. Only thing you can really do is get back up and try again. Revisiting old enjoyments and/or finding something new sound like good places to start.

It sounds immature, but I revisit childhood things. I'll watch the cartoons from my childhood I liked. Or play an old video game. Sometimes I just color. It's simple stuff, but makes me feel better during those periods.

I have felt it too, but you should at least try something new.
When I think something like that, I say to myself "Wait... that sounds like a fallacy. The idea of not "trying something new" because I know that I'll get bored doing it..."
How can you know if you haven't tried?
Please try, that's my small advice!

Latest posts

Back