So what is everyone looking for in terms of a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike510

Reaction score
For me I am looking for acceptance. I want to find someone who accepts me for being myself and accept the faults I have. I feel like when ever I meet someone they eventually disappear or no longer want to speak with me after some time. I end up feeling hurt because I feel like I trust people to easily. It hurts me because I lost my fiancée last year when she moved she ended up finding some other guy and didn't tell me until I moved to be with her. Now I always feel like someone will stop talking to me or no longer care about me at anytime and I can always be replicable.

Any advice?

And what are you looking for in terms of a relationship weather it be friendship or a partner?

I'm sorry to hear that your fiance went away with someone else especially since you moved to be beside her.That must have been tough especially if you moved to a different city or country and left all your family and friends behind.

.I am lucky that I have a partner but no friends so for me I am looking for new friendships.People who can accept me for being quiet as a mouse.I find that nobody wants to know the quiet people,we are never giving a chance of being accepted.
People are too up there own. ............. to care.

I am really sorry and also angry on your behalf that your fiancee actually allowed you to go ahead with a move to be near her and then told you she had someone else. This must have been completely devastating for you. Did you stay in the area or was it possible for you to move back to your old area afterwards?
Like you, I am looking for acceptance in a relationship, for someone (as Tulip as written as well) who won't mind my being quiet. Someone I can matter to.

I think you have to stop caring very much. You've heard this before - We're our own worst enemy. If you care about something enough, you can leave yourself vulnerable to anguish. Just don't think about it. We all meet people who lose interest in us for whatever reason. I even lose interest in people sometimes. It happens. The sooner you can take it on the chin and let it go, the sooner you can meet someone new who wont leave.

As for me, in terms of a relationship, ideally I'd like someone who has experienced the tougher side of life. That way, we could relate more. I'd also like someone who knows consistency. Not someone who's around when they are in the mood and then off in the distance somewhere when they're not. I think in all relationships, consistency is very important. It adds security. I'd like someone who makes an effort from time to time. I would do the same too because it can be fun. Common interests would be nice. But different interests can be cool too. Oh and they'd ideally not have a big complicated past with relationships. From my experience, girls have more trouble dealing with the past then guys. They let it effect their relationships with people who did nothing to them. So not too much baggage (No offence ladies lol)

Tulip23 said:
People who can accept me for being quiet as a mouse.I find that nobody wants to know the quiet people,we are never giving a chance of being accepted.

I know the feeling, Tulip. Most of the time, I keep to myself and people take that as me being a quiet person or retarded .. since I was young and some people don't really like hanging out with me lol. Which I think is fine, cos most of them were a pain to hang out with anyway. :p

It's complicated. Very complicated. Just when I thought things were difficult, they got even more difficult.

I'm looking for someone who has at least some of the basic experiences I do, and is in a tennable position (read: preferably no baggage). But my experiences are so niche that realistically I'd have more chance of winning a lottery whilst being simultaneously struck by lightning twice than meeting a female of a suitable age and status who had similar experiences.

I used to have issues of high standards, but now I've removed the standards to the barebones possible (that is, an individual female with the minimum amount of traits not likely to result in a near immediate split due to disagreements) I find the probability is still ridiculously unlikely (might as well throw in the high standards given how unlikely it is).

My ideas are so niche that, even if I meet people with say 80% of similar experiences... they will generally shun me. Fun times.

a nice, happy, positive woman with loads of interests and a good positive attitude to life.
No drama either, very easy going (like me). It would be nice to go out on a night to either the cinema or theatre every once in awhile. Or drives out to the coast.
Somebody interesting and interested in me.

I can dream !

Tiina63 said:
I am really sorry and also angry on your behalf that your fiancee actually allowed you to go ahead with a move to be near her and then told you she had someone else. This must have been completely devastating for you. Did you stay in the area or was it possible for you to move back to your old area afterwards?
Like you, I am looking for acceptance in a relationship, for someone (as Tulip as written as well) who won't mind my being quiet. Someone I can matter to.

some one who won't mind me being over talkative and obnoxious :D

I really just want to friends of a variety to hang out with, and talk out my problems. I solve my problems by talking them out, sometimes the other person doesn't even have to say anything.

If I had someone to show dogs with or do things like that, that would be awesome, but not everyone has that hobby.

I am actually okay without having a partner. I've had boyfriends, but I like to be independent, and do things on my own. Like go to a bookstore by myself, or something simple like that. All the boyfriends, I've had just had to do everything with me, and I felt smothered. Maybe if I met someone who could let me be me, and have me time, I would want to have a partner.

A mute built nympho who owns a Harley dealership would be my dream girl.

Peaches said:
Tiina63 said:

some one who won't mind me being over talkative and obnoxious :D

Awww! So cute.

I'd like to avoid double standards in a relationship if I can. An equal. Someone honest enough to be able to keep me in line (and apologise when they've been wrong). Trying desperately to think what I'm actually looking for... I think I've got a much larger list of things I want to avoid lol. (It starts with orange women haha) Guess I'll take any lady who doesn't fit on that list XD

...that's quite depressing really.

WildernessWildChild said:
A mute built nympho who owns a Harley dealership would be my dream girl.

Hahahahaa....this reminds me of a song this piano man would sing in a bar I would go to in college.....it went: "I need a rich dumb young nympho-manic, driving around in a Cadillac..."

A serious relationship. Someone I can trust who will do things that are inconvenient for them to help me, and someone who appreciates it when I do the same. Basically, someone who loves me and someone that I love. Someone who I can lean on and someone who leans on me.

Tiina63 said:

I stayed in the area for a few months afterwards but it just hurt being there knowing I was staying 1 block away from her the whole time. I ended up moving back home with my parents. Since that happened I have tried to date again but I end up just feeling more depressed.

A shag mainly, though a laugh and someone to play computer games and explore random stuff with would all be bonuses.

Someone to cuddle with on a cold day, drinking hot cocoa while watching snow fall (little to nothing is more beautiful to me than snowfall). Someone to run and wrestle and play with. Preferably well-read or well-educated. Someone who enjoys a very corny and playful sense of humor. Someone to hold my hand when I'm down. Someone who loves outdoors and being active and dislikes TV. Yes, yes.

Love, companionship, sexual squealing, don't ya know.

Latest posts

Back