One of those days...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elona

Reaction score
First post (not counting the introduction), so I hope I put this in the right category...

Ever felt like you are willing to go through a lot of effort for the people you care about, helping them through tough times, etc., but then when you need a friend those people won't do the same for you?

I've had one of those days, and now I'm in a "I hate people" mood :( I thought it'll be better to rant about it here than keeping it bottled up though.

Elona said:
First post (not counting the introduction), so I hope I put this in the right category...

Ever felt like you are willing to go through a lot of effort for the people you care about, helping them through tough times, etc., but then when you need a friend those people won't do the same for you?

I've had one of those days, and now I'm in a "I hate people" mood :( I thought it'll be better to rant about it here than keeping it bottled up though.

Oh yesss - once knew someone who practically drained me dry with her problems, difficulties, worries and completely neurotic attitudes. Even told me her boyfriend had beaten her up and she needed a place to stay... She stayed with me, I fed her, and took her out, and listened. .. .Then when I wanted a bit of a whinge she said she "really couldn't deal with [my] emotional issues."

Turns out the boyfriend hadn't beaten her up, either. By the time I got her out of my place I could have understood it if he had! (not true really, but you get my point .... she was - an annoying, self-centred lying little .... uuunnnggghh).

No longer a friend, need I add...

I'm sorry! I hope someone will do the same for you someday.

But to answer your question, yes! Most of the people I was there for only needed me when they felt like crap. Any other time I wanted to talk to them, they didn't care to listen. I was just there to feed them comfort. I stopped caring about them. They just made me feel worse and why keep that around?

Elona said:

All the time.

Elona said:

I know what you mean. Was your bad day thursday? I had a bad day too.

Just keep pressing on...I have a sneaking suspicion that the good days will balance the bad days in the end.

You get the days when you hate people...but other days your really love them.

Yes. Not only with friends, but with relatives too, ending in a big disappointment, especially in the latter.

Most people are selfish, that's why giving without expectations is often recommended, although, in the case of friendship I prefer to be more selective instead.

Sometimes the world may seem like a dark place, but there are a few good people out there.

I think everyone will experience this at least once in their lifetime. It's just part of human nature...... some human's nature.. or maybe, a lot, to be selfish.

Latest posts

Back