So, asked this girl out on a date, then she brings her friends, now what??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
lets just say this is a hypothetical situation....

asked this girl out for lunch. We both get out of class at the same time. She got out of class early and is meeting me. right before she meets, she said shes bringing her friends...

I had a good time with her and her friends, now what? She now didn't seem as interested as before after that lunch...

i asked what she was doing, she replied shes hanging out with her gfs after work, doesnt seem like she wants me to come

and now I feel weird asking her out on a date date now.
**** it

plan of attack? or should I just give up?

this is kinda what happens every time. she sounded like she liked me, wanted to go out with me, at the last minute she brings her friends, wtf.
before that lunch she sounded like she liked me. after that lunch it has become meh. she barely replies my txt now. and Ive just been kinda not caring about it

what should I do here?

Did you actually confirm that the lunch thing was supposed to be a date? If not then it's pretty common to have a "the more the merrier" kind of get together with friends.

kamya said:
Did you actually confirm that the lunch thing was supposed to be a date? If not then it's pretty common to have a "the more the merrier" kind of get together with friends.

^Yeah, that could be right. Why not try an honest approach - ask her out, tell her you want it to be just her and you, it's a date. If she says 'no', at least you will know where you stand.

There's various potential explanations for this. (Kamya has mentioned one already.) None of which are good if we're looking at things from the perspective of what you want.

Be straight with her. Unless you like the whole subtle signals sort of thing that some women like to play. If so, then play along. Personally, I find it very irritating so I'm with Jaguarundi - make yourself ultra clear and see what happens. If she says no, it's her loss because you know how great you are. Also, if she says no, you'll also know you managed to skip out weeks and weeks of pointless subtle signal exchanges :D

If she says yes... come back and tell us!

She may just think lunch is lunch, try asking her to a more 'date-like' place. By the sounds of it everything went well with her and her friends anyway, so next time you could say what she thinks of it being just you and her. If she insist on being with her friends it maybe because she doesn't feel comfortable otherwise.

I feel like I will never find a girl that will love me...i want a long term relationship so bad...

SighX99 said:
I feel like I will never find a girl that will love me...i want a long term relationship so bad...

Well, don't just Sigh, X99 - ask the ^ girl out properly and see what happens....:D

That's cool, it happens when it happens. Look forward to your next pun (if that was a pun )

SighX99 said:
That's not a great place to be. I think there's an old saying about you not being ready to love until you're able to love yourself as you are. Or something like that. I forget, but essentially you need to be happy being single before you're ready for the compromise and hard work of a relationship. Try to keep your chin up :)

Latest posts

Back