Non-sexual Relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grackle

Reaction score
In your opinion ( and I know ya'll have one ... haha ) what are the chances of finding someone ( and I say someone because at this point in my life I really don't care if its a male or female but I feel women might be more open to this) but someone that could be in a non sexual relationship but still be 100% emotionally committed to their partner. I'm verging on being asexual due to medication I've been using but I still want a partner, not a best friend because best friends can't really give the depth of emotion or the level of love or commitment sexual partners have. Or should have.
If someone you thought was a potential mate and you connected with them but then found out the relationship would be non sexual, would you dump them ?

I'd find no problem in a largely non-sexual relationship. Unless I take my HRT, I have practically no libido, so it's no big thang. If I was in love with them and it was returned, then that'd be all that mattered. I must have cuddles though. And kisses! My heart demands it; and really who could resist showering their love with affection?

As for your chances of finding someone who'd want that? Might be easy if you aim for the aged. It might be fun to craft a quirky personal ad for that. Dunno. AVENdate.com? :)

Grackle said:
In your opinion ( and I know ya'll have one ... haha ) what are the chances of finding someone ( and I say someone because at this point in my life I really don't care if its a male or female but I feel women might be more open to this) but someone that could be in a non sexual relationship but still be 100% emotionally committed to their partner. I'm verging on being asexual due to medication I've been using but I still want a partner, not a best friend because best friends can't really give the depth of emotion or the level of love or commitment sexual partners have. Or should have.
If someone you thought was a potential mate and you connected with them but then found out the relationship would be non sexual, would you dump them ?

Pretty high if you were to explore AVEN, which is basically a network for asexuals. There are forums out there specifically geared towards it.

I'll check out AVEN but I'm afraid the population of asexual's are tiny. Fewer then few. Less then 1%. I'm doomed !

1% is still a huge amount when you think about it, so don't give up hope!

I don't think I could manage it. I think I need physical contact in order to feel loved, but I think I might be happier if I could.

I´m not asexual by any means, but I would be, in theory, open to it.
If I were in a position to have relationship, and I had someone who I really liked on an emotional level (but in paradox, I would need a certain level of aesthetic satisfaction), I would not mind being in relationship with the said lady. In fact, the non-existence of possibility of sexual relationship would make the things easier I think, rather than complicate it.

And about the possibility of finding someone asexual...Not really sure:( Would be afraid that you have to use specialized dating spaces (internet, not sure if there are any asexual bars) to find someone like that.

Grackle said:
I'll check out AVEN but I'm afraid the population of asexual's are tiny. Fewer then few. Less then 1%. I'm doomed !

Your odds are far better than mine. Your preferences have a community, forum and everything.

The kinda person I'd like to meet doesn't even have a definition, or community or particular association. I mean, it has sub-sets but those don't cover the whole and there's no all-encompassing group.

Have to admit that my curiosity is high as to what type of person you are looking for BUT .....I won't ask, out of good manners. I have never had luck in making friends on forums in the past but I'm giving AVEN a shot.

Honestly, I don't think it would bother me. For me, love and sex don't go hand-in-hand.

I've heard about hook up sites (like ok cupid) for these type of relationships. you will have to use your own google fu to find it, however....

Good luck!! :)

Please don't give up before you make the effort. There are plenty of asexual folks out there, and I hope you find somebody ideal for you.

Cavey said:
I don't think I could manage it. I think I need physical contact in order to feel loved, but I think I might be happier if I could.

You can have tons of physical contact without sex!

nerdygirl said:
Please don't give up before you make the effort. There are plenty of asexual folks out there, and I hope you find somebody ideal for you.

Cavey said:

You can have tons of physical contact without sex!

Well, yes, but since the thread was directly related to sex, I didn't feel the need to go into precise detail. I'll elaborate...

I don't think I could manage to have a romantic relationship without some form of intimate sexual contact - it wouldn't necessarily need to be intercourse, but I just wouldn't feel loved without the closeness I derive from intimate contact.

I actually quite like the idea of loving yet sexless relationship, but I know that in my case, it would eventually cause problems and we'd both end up feeling unhappy and unfulfilled.

Cavey said:
Well, yes, but since the thread was directly related to sex, I didn't feel the need to go into precise detail. I'll elaborate...

I don't think I could manage to have a romantic relationship without some form of intimate sexual contact - it wouldn't necessarily need to be intercourse, but I just wouldn't feel loved without the closeness I derive from intimate contact.

I actually quite like the idea of loving yet sexless relationship, but I know that in my case, it would eventually cause problems and we'd both end up feeling unhappy and unfulfilled.

I agree. Right now at this age/point in my life, I want a relationship that has intimate sexual contact. Maybe some other time in my life I could handle a relationship without.

Latest posts

Back