People who stare makes me nervous

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeilaniAWarrior

Reaction score
I can never feel comfortable going anywhere without people staring at me. Its so rude and annoying. Sometimes I would have to go somewhere in a hurry to the bathroom again just to sneak and check if I have something on my face. I am in college it's a small college and it seems that most of the students are sitting down on the yard and looking at me. I even missed out on many opportunities to talk to a guy I liked because there was a whole bunch of his friends around him and when I walked by they just stared. I don't stare at people all and some friends even say that I just walk right by them. I don't do it intentially, it's just that I did not recognize them. So I guess when I do see the guy I like I just stare at him from a distance or a little bit when he walks by. I can never go up to someone I like without people staring at me >.< it feels so uncomfortable because I'm already nervous but on top of that I have group of people staring at me.

I'm one of those people who feel completely invisible. I can stand in line at a store and have the clerk ask the person behind me if they need help.
I don't have any advise but I'm sure being stared at would be horrible.

Try staring back at them. Takes some guts and some getting used to it though.

I don't like when people stare at me too, especially if eating something. I don't have any good advices, but maybe it's just a feeling? That no one really stares at you, you're only feeling that way? I usually get that kind of feeling and try to think that those people just ''watched'' as they would watch anyone around them, not watching me because there's something ''wrong'' with me, only glancing (or how I could say it) as anyone would watch anyone when walking outside. :)

LeilaniAWarrior said:
I can never feel comfortable going anywhere without people staring at me. Its so rude and annoying. Sometimes I would have to go somewhere in a hurry to the bathroom again just to sneak and check if I have something on my face. I am in college it's a small college and it seems that most of the students are sitting down on the yard and looking at me. I even missed out on many opportunities to talk to a guy I liked because there was a whole bunch of his friends around him and when I walked by they just stared. I don't stare at people all and some friends even say that I just walk right by them. I don't do it intentially, it's just that I did not recognize them. So I guess when I do see the guy I like I just stare at him from a distance or a little bit when he walks by. I can never go up to someone I like without people staring at me >.< it feels so uncomfortable because I'm already nervous but on top of that I have group of people staring at me.

maybe they are staring because they find you attractive

Grackle said:
I'm one of those people who feel completely invisible. I can stand in line at a store and have the clerk ask the person behind me if they need help.
I don't have any advise but I'm sure being stared at would be horrible.

Omg ugh I hate that! Someone did the same to me at the grocery store. I think it was because of my age I was younger than the other person. But idk it could have been something else

daughter of the moon said:

True it does take guts but idk I don't wanna start a fight with anyone who knows what will happen.

lonelyfairy said:
I don't like when people stare at me too, especially if eating something. I don't have any good advices, but maybe it's just a feeling? That no one really stares at you, you're only feeling that way? I usually get that kind of feeling and try to think that those people just ''watched'' as they would watch anyone around them, not watching me because there's something ''wrong'' with me, only glancing (or how I could say it) as anyone would watch anyone when walking outside. :)

I hate that when people look at me when I'm eating! I'm like can I help youor something? it's so annoying but sometimes I feel like someone is watching me and that's really scary. I mean it's ok to watch someone but to stare at me no smile just straight stare that's not good. It's ok to make eye contact with someone randomly by mistake but then they look somewhere else after. But to stare at me and continue to stare at me that's a problem to me. Maybe other people like it but I don't.

Triple Bogey said:
LeilaniAWarrior said:

maybe they are staring because they find you attractive

Noo way the last person who stared at me with his "gang" on campus laughed when I walked by! One of his friends whispered something in his ear. Ugh! -___-

I thought girls found eye contact to be sexy.

why dont you just gaze back into his gorgeous eyes and sink into his presence if only for a moment?

I always do this. Especially when I travel on trains and people have nothing better to do but stare at people. I always find it rude of people to keep staring. So I tend to stare back until they look away. And mind you, I don't look nice when I stare back in annoyance. *those were the days when I was feeling young and rebellious [kinda]*

People staring can be pretty annoying. There's loads of reasons why people do this, but at least it's not an "alpha male" guy staring at guy situation. I find THAT pretty primitive and immature behavior.

People hate it when you stare back, especially when you make grotesque faces. Usually when I stare back I get looks of embarrassment or sometimes extreme anger. It's better than the stares though. :)

Wink or cross your eyes when you catch them staring- might as well have fun wih it :)

Latest posts

Back