Anyone else this lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabe poet

Reaction score
Some nights I go on facebook and message people I've only met a handful of times just to get me out of my head. Rarely ever get replies and even when I do I can tell noones interested. I'm probably the only one who does this.

I know I'm honeysuckle,trust me.

Wannabe poet said:
Some nights I go on facebook and message people I've only met a handful of times just to get me out of my head. Rarely ever get replies and even when I do I can tell noones interested. I'm probably the only one who does this.

No you're not the only one. I have done this in the past but I'm not on Facebook anymore. Best decision of my life.

When I ended up doing this I deactivate my Facebook for a couple weeks to unplug for awhile.

Personnally, the reason I deactivated my Facebook account was that I didn't have a lot of friends on my contact list and nobody was posting me messages on my wall. I spent a lot of time watching and reading what my other friends were doing and the more I did this the more I got depressed.

Wannabe poet said:

I would strongly recommend the chatroom of this site to you. I felt the exact same, but didn't even have anyone on facebook to talk to. At first, it was difficult to find my voice, and people aren't always in the mood to respond so much, but it gets easier after a while. I find that I actually feel better these days because of it ._.
so
joiinnnn ussssss /zombiestyle

Spy said:
Wannabe poet said:

No you're not the only one. I have done this in the past but I'm not on Facebook anymore. Best decision of my life.

I still haven't deactivated Facebook, but for sure I avoid messaging quasi-strangers, I did do it in the past and I don't know what was more depressing, the lack of answer or the pathetic stunted conversations that insued - this said, many of my fb contacts are wonderful people, but I have to accept the fact that they want nothing to do with me at a personal level, which is depressing

You are not honeysuckle at all, the system is honeysuckle, Facebook is honeysuckle -it's not even honeysuckle, it's like being together on the bus, it is unlikely that deep conversation with arise, although it has been known to happen

Spy said:
Wannabe poet said:

I deactivated mine for a week or so several times, but I always come back to it.

I'm only on Facebook to see what's going on with work & few friends... I have few people from work my my list so it's easier to check it on Facebook instead of me having to talk to them if I happen to be on vacation or off for few days straight...

My Facebook Verdict.

I barely use Facebook. To be honest I couldn't give a fresia how good someone's night out was. It's just a platform to make me even more depressed about life. As someone else has mentioned and the same applies to me, there are a very few reasons why I choose to use it, which are to PM people, mainly from work, the important matters etc or to post a Soundcloud link of something I have made, which most of the time no one gives a fresia about but then, my FB friends posting what they like and me posting what I like is mutually ignored so quite frankly I have no reason to care. Just most of the time my posts have more substance and depth than anything being posted about somebody's fantastic Ibiza clubbing holiday or how terrible their over-dramatic lives are from falling out with their partner. These types of people are the worst they don't know they are ******* born - Try stepping in to my shoes for a few days.

The point is, People who brag about their lives or post about what they did 5 minutes ago don't interest me and only make me a step closer to wanting to deactivate my account.

So I strongly suggest staying away from it if you are someone like me who doesn't get included in the goings on in these people's lives and just think why should you care?

I know how you feel because I've been there.

I suggest that you try to make new friends or start running. That's what I did. Everyday, I"ll go out for a run. I have a 5k in a couple of weeks. After that, I'm probably going to move on to a 10k, half marathon and so on.

Get off the couch and start living your life. Start running, playing tennis, biking, something! Don't trap yourself inside your house and message people on facebook in vain. Trust me, once you start becoming active and doing something with your life you will feel a whole lot better.

If you wanna start running, need some advice or just need someone to talk to pm me! I'll be happy to help.

Latest posts

Back