Feeling a little empty today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revengineer

Reaction score
Thanks to Facebook I found out that this girl I sort of dated years ago recently got engaged to her boyfriend. At Disneyworld, no less. You can't really top that.

I'm not delusional, but there was always a part of me that really missed her company and all the time that we used to spend together. There's also the matter that she basically picked him over me six years ago and now they have a perfect life while I haven't been able to find anyone else since. We never talk anymore and I probably won't even get invited to their wedding. It's like I don't exist to them.

It's strange that I want to be 100% happy for them, but I would be lying if I said that's how I felt. It's funny that I still have all this pent up bitterness over something that happened so long ago. I'm probably being selfish but I'd just rather not think about anything at all. Too many old wounds opening up right now.

**** it. I'm so sick of being single.

I am sorry that you are feeling down because of this. What a slap in the face! I can understand why you have some bitterness.

Would you really want to be at an event like that? I can imagine that would be a dagger all on its own..

JustSomeGal said:
I am sorry that you are feeling down because of this. What a slap in the face! I can understand why you have some bitterness.

Would you really want to be at an event like that? I can imagine that would be a dagger all on its own..

I really don't know. I feel like it might give me a sense of closure if I were there. The three of us used to be fairly close friends, and I would rather be supportive of them if I could. Then again I might just end up being a downer on the entire event, and I don't want to be "that guy." It all depends on how well I can control my emotions I guess.

It's very unlikely they have a perfect life. Even if it appears that way on the surface, it rarely ever is. I don't mean this in a bad way, but why would you think you would be invited to the wedding?

You should try to move on from it. I know that's hard (believe me, I know), but what will torturing yourself over it do? It won't bring her back to you, it won't stop their relationship. You CAN be happy for them and you CAN get another girlfriend, but first you have to let her go, let what happened go.

TheRealCallie said:
It's very unlikely they have a perfect life. Even if it appears that way on the surface, it rarely ever is. I don't mean this in a bad way, but why would you think you would be invited to the wedding?

You should try to move on from it. I know that's hard (believe me, I know), but what will torturing yourself over it do? It won't bring her back to you, it won't stop their relationship. You CAN be happy for them and you CAN get another girlfriend, but first you have to let her go, let what happened go.

As I said we all used to be good friends, so it's not out of the question. Of course it's their decision in the end if they care to invite me or not. That's not what I really care about anyway. I was simply getting ahead of myself.

It's always hard for me to talk about this because even I think it's absurd that I still care about this person. I think I've figured out why though: it's more the feeling of being loved and accepted that I miss nowadays. I haven't felt that way for a long time... not since we were together. And she was the only one who ever loved me in that way, so it stings even more.

I'll just have to find someone else. Who knows when I will...

Latest posts

Back