Trapped With No Opportunities

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack91153

Reaction score
Hi im 17 years old.
I used to be really depressed and felt like everyone was against me because my friends were.. Me and my best friend (im a guy) we met 2-3 years ago we were like brothers, he was more my brother than my actual biological brother, we both started smoking weed and hanging out with worse and worse people.

Well he started to change slowly, and then he and this other guy started to call me names, it escalated slowly until i didnt hang out with him any more. We both had a mutual friend who's house we always visited and i started going there when he wasn't. Well it got worse because he apologized and a week later started doing it again but worse, saying he wanted to sleep with my deeply depressed sister, saying my mom was a slut.. all kinds of things. And our mutual friend who i thought was my friend didn't stick up for me sometimes even agreeing due to pear pressure, and thats why i stopped hanging out with my so called friends. I got really depressed but not just because of that..

I also around the same time started to lose all my friends in school because i never went there because i had horrible acne all over my face (search up the worse kind of acne on google images and mine was slightly better but still almost the same) and around that time also i quit school. Today a year later my skin is soo much better but i still have low self esteem, and low confidence.

But i am motivated like never before. I started online school and im finishing it really quickly. I dont have any friends anymore, i stay home everyday with nothing to do, but school work, tv, games which now im bored of, it pretty much sucks. All the time im looking for opportunities to meet new people like going to the gym (which doesn't work because my family is poor and im kinda intimidated) joining teams, which ive been looking for for the longest time but all of them cost money and my family is poor and we cant afford it.. i really want a way to interact with people again.. but i dont want to go back to normal school because it is really stressful..

Any suggestions? I really need help getting the replay button unstuck from my life.

You're 17, right now all this stuff seems important, and socializing actually is, but everything else...when you get older and look back you'll wonder why you spent so much energy on it all. The way today's world is going people are losing touch with the social aspect of life, so good on you wanting it. Keep focusing on your schooling, get yourself into college where you can start fresh and make something of yourself. Leave high school behind, it's full of immaturity and drama. With money being a problem, if you don't have one, get a part time job so you can pay for your own things.

I'm 35 and trapped with seemingly no opportunities (I always say seemingly because it takes away the definitive!) .. I look back all to often to when I was your age and see all the mistakes I made in my life and things that I could have done instead to really change things and move forward in a more positive way. I think the important thing is, is to realise you're young and you've still got your health and a lot of time left in life and that these things will eventually just melt away.

I would say take the advice in the post above if it seems right to you and also know that there ARE things that you can do to give you more power over confidence issues .. I always recommend this a lot because the chances are I wouldn't even be alive today (and certainly not be able to even post on here!) without it .. Paul McKenna 'positivity'! ... The ways of self change that I WISH I'd known at your age!!

There are opportunities, you've just got to make them for yourself a lot of the time and to do that you need to do something different! .. And to do that you sometimes need to feel a different way! And to do that you need to be able to have some power over how you feel and thus naturally behave!

Make efforts for change and you will eventually find it! .. Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that you can't join teams due to money...you're in high school, so all that stuff should still be free, shouldn't it? As far as I can remember, when I was in high school it didn't cost me anything to be on the cross country and track teams. It was a great experience and I still have a very good friend from it to this day. I was not the greatest runner by a long shot, but at my best I did run a sub-5 minute mile once, not everyone can say that. Can't believe that will be 10 years ago in May, where has the time gone to?

Anyway I digress. I feel that the simplest way to meet people is to get hobbies and join clubs. Maybe if you can't be on a team, could you join a school club? There should be lots to pick from, and again, membership is usually free. Outside of school, clubs and hobbies cost money, but I would say they are your best bet to interact with like-minded people.

PS: Not to sound preachy but I would stay away from the weed, for numerous reasons. For one, if you do want to be on a team it will reduce your aerobic abilities. Two, a lot of shitty people are drawn to weed. There are some good people that just happen to be interested in it too, but in my experience, the lazy, do-nothing stoner stereotype is often the truth. Three, I guess I answered my own question on where the time went, I used to smoke it for a while. But eventually I quit when I saw it was doing nothing for me but wasting my time and slowing me down.

Thanks for all the advice, currently i can not get a job or else i would (legal reasons) And as for a sports teams in school: i live in one of the most dangerous cities in canada, and there are a lot of gang members that dont like me that go to the schools, and also its just too much stress even when i had lots of freinds and was really happy it was stressful.

Online school is soo easy and not stressful at all and its the first time in my life im only getting A's, but before when i was in school the best i got was a C sometimes, but i do know that i just have to wait a few months, and i can move to somewhere really nice, and i can start working and meet new people

I know I just have to wait but i just dont know of any activities i can do without any money, all i can do is walk out side, go to the mall.. (which is boring) so i dont know..

Do some Paul McKenna for a while and then go to the mall and see how different you're feeling! You might end up doing something you've never done and end up back at some chicks house! ya never know!

DarkMark78 said:
Do some Paul McKenna for a while and then go to the mall and see how different you're feeling! You might end up doing something you've never done and end up back at some chicks house! ya never know!

What do you meqan by some "Pail Mckenna"? is it an exercise program or something?

hmmm I take it you didn't read my initial post! .. It gives you self confidence / self image techniques that when done repeatedly... WORK!!

DarkMark78 said:
hmmm I take it you didn't read my initial post! .. It gives you self confidence / self image techniques that when done repeatedly... WORK!!

I misunderstood i thought you were quoting something (Paul McKenna 'positivity'!) i searched it up and i see what your mean know, hopefully i can find a free epub version online for my Ebook, thanks for the advice. :D

DarkMark78 I am amazed at the power from this program, your suggestion has made it worth making an account on this site, i will recommend this life changing program to everyone. I have never been so in control of my own mind. Thank you so much! :)

Latest posts

Back